{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

rumours on new signings

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:18 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Broomo

We did well today against a very poor Barrow side who have just fallen to their 4th successive defeat. We were down to the bare bones and had a goalkeeping coach as a named substitute. Off the top of my head at least two of our defenders picked up bookings (for preventing breakaway runs) and Clarke was extremely fortunate not to get sent off.

We have once more picked up injuries to a central defender and even you must admit we are quickly running out of options.

You appear to be either totally missing the point or being deliberately obstinate that the squad cannot keep missing this amount of players particularly when all of the bookings start to lead to suspensions. We are only 12 games into the season and can’t put a full bench out and not for the first time. As the weather deteriorates, I’m sure our injury list will get longer.

We are nowhere near the end of the season and the effect of our shortcomings has barely had an opportunity to materialise yet. I still firmly believe that they will.

Come on here and crow when you are proven correct but at the moment, judging by the state of our very depleted squad, I don’t think you will be waking many up early in the mornings.

I'm not sure why you bother, but the vast majority of Stags fans will I'm sure agree with all that. It is entirely possible that next week if Macca isn't fit we'll have to change formation and play a right back at left back (as we did today) or play a right sided forward at left wing back. Add to that we have already failed to fill the bench once and today had 2 keepers on the bench, it is even clearer than it was at the end of the window that the squad is too small, probably by 3 players. Of course our non-stags fan won't hear of it as it is a criticism of the manager.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:26 pm

Rob wrote:

We did well today against a very poor Barrow side who have just fallen to their 4th successive defeat. We were down to the bare bones and had a goalkeeping coach as a named substitute. Off the top of my head at least two of our defenders picked up bookings (for preventing breakaway runs) and Clarke was extremely fortunate not to get sent off.

We have once more picked up injuries to a central defender and even you must admit we are quickly running out of options.

You appear to be either totally missing the point or being deliberately obstinate that the squad cannot keep missing this amount of players particularly when all of the bookings start to lead to suspensions. We are only 12 games into the season and can’t put a full bench out and not for the first time. As the weather deteriorates, I’m sure our injury list will get longer.

We are nowhere near the end of the season and the effect of our shortcomings has barely had an opportunity to materialise yet. I still firmly believe that they will.

Come on here and crow when you are proven correct but at the moment, judging by the state of our very depleted squad, I don’t think you will be waking many up early in the mornings.

I'm not sure why you bother, but the vast majority of Stags fans will I'm sure agree with all that. It is entirely possible that next week if Macca isn't fit we'll have to change formation and play a right back at left back (as we did today) or play a right sided forward at left wing back. Add to that we have already failed to fill the bench once and today had 2 keepers on the bench, it is even clearer than it was at the end of the window that the squad is too small, probably by 3 players. Of course our non-stags fan won't hear of it as it is a criticism of the manager.

Non Stags fan? Criticism of the manager?

fgs it does my head in.

You want me to criticise things when they're going well for something that may or may not happen. It's ridiculous.

Like criticising a team selection before (or during) a match we go on to win. It's total nonsense.

It seems like Macca AND Harbottle will miss Saturday, obviously far from ideal but let's see how we deal with it before throwing the toys out of the pram.

You seem to forget that all through the window I said I would like an extra body in. I just won't cry every day of the week 'cos it didn't happen.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:33 pm

broomo wrote:

Barrow are so poor that before today they were 6th.

You put so much effort into trying to show where we're going wrong, it's frightening.

92 points from 46.

14 from the last 6 and unbeaten in those 6.

You're in danger of missing out on all the fun the kind of run we've been on has brought and will bring.

I just don't get it.

I'm not crowing by the way but how many times do I need to be right before you'll acknowledge I might know a little bit about the game?

Broooo how dare you challenge the all knowledgeable Rob ? You should be well aware by now that he is never wrong and anyone who disagrees with him hasn’t got a clue.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:38 pm

Spot on jpstags, at least someone's noticed, thanks.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:45 pm

Broomo

If you aren’t crowing, why did you resurrect the post and make those comments?

In actual fact the more you post, rather than enhance your knowledge in my eyes, I believe you are actually showing that all you have is blind faith. Losing another two defenders doesn’t appear to worry you at all even when we have just about run out of replacements. Luckily we have a few games against the less able teams, so you may be correct and we will get away with it but don’t under estimate anyone in this league.

As for missing out on fun, I will always be happy when Mansfield Town Football Club does well, whoever is either playing for them or whoever is managing them. That said, I will also be bitterly disappointed if they don’t achieve promotion no matter how many markers they put down or what runs they go on as the final table is all that matters. And that is the table over one full season not two halves.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:46 pm

Rob wrote:Spot on jpstags, at least someone's noticed, thanks.

Good answer tbf.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby S7AGS » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:50 pm

Just so you all know, your silly continual arguing is very boring… and weird, why waste your time?
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby Richard Cranium » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:06 pm

Of course the most boring strawberry on here Rob is moaning again. Have a day off
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:07 pm

S7AGS wrote:Just so you all know, your silly continual arguing is very boring… and weird, why waste your time?

Same reason as you just have :lol:
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:15 pm

We had just as many on the bench today as Barrow did and no doubt more quality . Admitted injuries are a worry but a bigger squad doesnt always work. A couple more would benefit us as long as they fit into the team.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:23 pm

So if nobody leaves in the next window , we will not signed anybody and keep a tight Knit squad :?:

We will see and if we do sign anybody should we have had them at the start of the season ;) 1 Yorkie centerback and forward :lol: :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:48 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Of course the most boring strawberry on here Rob is moaning again. Have a day off

Pob and his sidekick won't be happy until we sign more players , regardless of where we are in the league with the squad we have....

If NC thinks we need more players he will sign them , until then I wish they would give it a rest as its consuming the board at the minute..
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:32 pm

Hawkins and Hewitt were our best performers today.Hewitt has improved gradually over the last few games.Hawkins once again our best player.A bit concerned about the injuries hope it doesn't cost us in the short term.This squad is certainly good enough to get in the top 3.Will definitely be going to Stevenage.You can say what you like about Evans he is a good manager who would have got us promoted if he had stayed.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:19 pm

geoffhill wrote:Hawkins and Hewitt were our best performers today.Hewitt has improved gradually over the last few games.Hawkins once again our best player.A bit concerned about the injuries hope it doesn't cost us in the short term.This squad is certainly good enough to get in the top 3.Will definitely be going to Stevenage.You can say what you like about Evans he is a good manager who would have got us promoted if he had stayed.

Well said Geoff.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby SeanieStag » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:25 am

Steve Evans was like a pilot who promised you the holiday of a lifetime. He’d fly you 99% of the way there, let you see your destination out of the cabin window and then dump you and your luggage in the Atlantic Ocean without a parachute before flying off with your wife to Jamaica (China). When you and everyone else finally got to shore after a proverbial lifetime in choppy waters you see him overhead taking another group of passengers in his shiny new plane. You stop and reflect on his actions, fearful that someone else will potentially suffer the same fate as you when a voice pierces your thoughts. “You can say what you want about Steve Evans” it cries, “but I do love a man in uniform”.
SeanieStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:15 am

SeanieStag wrote:Steve Evans was like a pilot who promised you the holiday of a lifetime. He’d fly you 99% of the way there, let you see your destination out of the cabin window and then dump you and your luggage in the Atlantic Ocean without a parachute before flying off with your wife to Jamaica (China). When you and everyone else finally got to shore after a proverbial lifetime in choppy waters you see him overhead taking another group of passengers in his shiny new plane. You stop and reflect on his actions, fearful that someone else will potentially suffer the same fate as you when a voice pierces your thoughts. “You can say what you want about Steve Evans” it cries, “but I do love a man in uniform”.

He may have done that to us but don't let fact get in the way of bitterness that his CV shows he's seen it through to promotion on a number of occasions with other clubs. I didn't like the guy and his touchline antics were embarrassing but he is a winner whatever we think of him and his methods.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:07 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
SeanieStag wrote:Steve Evans was like a pilot who promised you the holiday of a lifetime. He’d fly you 99% of the way there, let you see your destination out of the cabin window and then dump you and your luggage in the Atlantic Ocean without a parachute before flying off with your wife to Jamaica (China). When you and everyone else finally got to shore after a proverbial lifetime in choppy waters you see him overhead taking another group of passengers in his shiny new plane. You stop and reflect on his actions, fearful that someone else will potentially suffer the same fate as you when a voice pierces your thoughts. “You can say what you want about Steve Evans” it cries, “but I do love a man in uniform”.

He may have done that to us but don't let fact get in the way of bitterness that his CV shows he's seen it through to promotion on a number of occasions with other clubs. I didn't like the guy and his touchline antics were embarrassing but he is a winner whatever we think of him and his methods.

Well said Chris. What amuses me is if you watch NC and AG on the touchline they do exactly the same thing to the linesman that Evans and Raynor do but that’s ok :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:25 pm

Now you are fishing Dan lol no way NC and co get up to the same in the touch line as Evans - he was embarrassing to watch at times on the touch line
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:35 pm

Evans was way worse. That said, he’s damn good at it and getting results.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:54 pm

Ralphy wrote:Now you are fishing Dan lol no way NC and co get up to the same in the touch line as Evans - he was embarrassing to watch at times on the touch line

Have a look next home game and see how many times they do it. They don’t do it with the same ‘gusto’ but they still do it a lot and take it in turns at it too.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:35 pm

Not a chance Dan

Steve e goes mental. Clough and garner do get involved, but the levels are worlds apart
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:45 am

Dan wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

Well said Chris. What amuses me is if you watch NC and AG on the touchline they do exactly the same thing to the linesman that Evans and Raynor do but that’s ok :lol:

Your change of bait was a poor decision Dan...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:29 pm

You might see it if you spent 90 minutes in the stadium ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:05 pm

bluenyellow wrote:Heard this yesterday we have had a bid rejected for Omari Patrick but have gone back with a better offer and its being considered.

Omari Patrick is out for possibly eight to ten weeks with a hamstring tendon problem.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:08 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
bluenyellow wrote:Heard this yesterday we have had a bid rejected for Omari Patrick but have gone back with a better offer and its being considered.

Omari Patrick is out for possibly eight to ten weeks with a hamstring tendon problem.

Three attackers I know we were interested in have scored three league goals between them this season, and Patrick scored two on Saturday :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum