{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

rumours on new signings

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby yorkstag » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:53 am

Good player but just looked at Wikipedia not a prolific scorer.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:26 am

daddycool wrote:Mendes Gomes at Luton is available for a loan excellent goal scorer at this level

Brilliant player at this level bit more of a winger than a 9.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby essexstags » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:32 am

yorkstag wrote:Good player but just looked at Wikipedia not a prolific scorer.

He got 15 for Morecambe the season they went up which is more than anyone got for us last season
Scored in front of the North Stand in April 1993. I was a Mascot but they all count.
essexstags
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Laney_MTFC » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:49 am

blackpool supporters slag CJ off all the time on twitter, id have him back here in a heartbeat. Type of raw pace we dont really have.
Laney_MTFC
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:26 am

Laney_MTFC wrote:blackpool supporters slag CJ off all the time on twitter, id have him back here in a heartbeat. Type of raw pace we dont really have.

Actually can play wing back too.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:28 am

Joking apart, CJ would be a good signing for his pace alone
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby jpstags » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:29 am

Laney_MTFC wrote:blackpool supporters slag CJ off all the time on twitter, id have him back here in a heartbeat. Type of raw pace we dont really have.

He would of kept up with Mendez Laing the other night also.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stag95 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:49 pm

Stag95 wrote:
daddycool wrote:Mendes Gomes at Luton is available for a loan excellent goal scorer at this level

Brilliant player at this level bit more of a winger than a 9.

Looks like he’s heading to Fleetwood on loan.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:10 am

CJ has pace, but having both him and Akins with the first touch of a roadside kerb, I doubt we'd cope on here.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:24 am

stagmanrob wrote:CJ has pace, but having both him and Akins with the first touch of a roadside kerb, I doubt we'd cope on here.

You've brightened up my Saturday morning Rob with the most telling of comments laced with humour.

What's the point in CJ having pace and getting clear if he can't cross or hit the goal?
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:02 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:CJ has pace, but having both him and Akins with the first touch of a roadside kerb, I doubt we'd cope on here.

You've brightened up my Saturday morning Rob with the most telling of comments laced with humour.

What's the point in CJ having pace and getting clear if he can't cross or hit the goal?

CJ score 14 total goals and 8 assists in 18/19 season? Playing LWB/RWB/CF? That's not a bad return. Didn't oates get 12 goals in total last season? Macca scored 7 and assisted 10 last season.

So he can shoot and can cross.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:45 am

gazza1988 wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

CJ score 14 total goals and 8 assists in 18/19 season? Playing LWB/RWB/CF? That's not a bad return. Didn't oates get 12 goals in total last season? Macca scored 7 and assisted 10 last season.

I suggest you look on twitter and watch the video doing the rounds as to why CJ is getting levelled with loads of criticism.
A lot of comments say he's one of the worst players seen in a Blackpool shirt.
I must admit, ability wise I am shocked he has managed to play as high as he has, fair play to him on that one.

I do believe though, if he had bang average pace, he wouldn't be anywhere near a professional career in football.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:03 am

stagmanrob wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

I suggest you look on twitter and watch the video doing the rounds as to why CJ is getting levelled with loads of criticism.
A lot of comments say he's one of the worst players seen in a Blackpool shirt.
I must admit, ability wise I am shocked he has managed to play as high as he has, fair play to him on that one.

I do believe though, if he had bang average pace, he wouldn't be anywhere near a professional career in football.

Don't get me wrong. I agree on the last bit. The thing is though, he does have pace. Like any player, especially at our level, if you remove his strongest attribute it makes him worse.

I'd be happy with CJ back, backup for Macca. Maybe Clough can coach him to improve his other attributes.

Towards the end of 18/19 I can't remember anybody saying he wasn't good enough. Most were salivating that he'd fetch a decent fee for us. Which he did.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:18 am

CJ received far more criticism than he deserved in my opinion. None of our forwards got anywhere near where they should have been to benefit from his pace so moves often broke down because he had no options available to him.

Ask any defenders how they feel about playing against him and don’t be surprised when they say they hate it. That was particularly true when he was here pre injury. He never tired and made numerous runs even though he wasn’t regularly picked out and fed the correct ball.

I’d have him here in a heartbeat and play him at right wing back as he could actually use both feet.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:52 am

He won't drop below league 1. Fleetwood have been mentioned, but I wouldn't rule out Port Vale.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:20 pm

So let me get this straight....

There are people on this site who are supposedly followers of football and a league 2 club that wouldn't have CJ (recently called up to the Republic of Ireland squad) back for us.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stagsnet is just the gift that keeps on giving...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby West Bridgford Stag » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:15 pm

Tyler Walker
West Bridgford Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Vinnie » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:18 pm

West Bridgford Stag wrote:Tyler Walker

No chance.
Vinnie
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:42 am

[quote="Captain Cunno"]So let me get this straight....

There are people on this site who are supposedly followers of football and a league 2 club that wouldn't have CJ (recently called up to the Republic of Ireland squad) back for us.....

The RoI would call up a 3 legged donkey if it once lived in Limerick

Sorry but CJ was and is not the answer
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:28 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:So let me get this straight....

The RoI would call up a 3 legged donkey if it once lived in Limerick

Sorry but CJ was and is not the answer

Having someone with blistering pace who can play both left wing back and right wing back would be incredibly helpful hypothetically. Could also play in him out wide in a front 3 where he’d cause havoc. Of course we need a centre back and a finisher more but folk saying that they wouldn’t have CJ back are very very daft.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby five to three » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:14 am

A forward line of CJ and Oates would excite me. Not sure about him as a wing back. He always worked best when racing past the last line of defence not when held back. Then he looked lost. Too often I thought he was played in the wrong position.
five to three
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:38 am

five to three wrote:A forward line of CJ and Oates would excite me. Not sure about him as a wing back. He always worked best when racing past the last line of defence not when held back. Then he looked lost. Too often I thought he was played in the wrong position.

Can you imagine the ranting on here with the two for them as our strikers? I think it would break the internet :lol:
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:05 pm

Has there been any link to us being interested, or him in coming back, anywhere?
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:10 pm

broomo wrote:Has there been any link to us being interested, or him in coming back, anywhere?

I don't think so, I think someone started it off by saying Blackpool fans were slagging him off.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:30 pm

five to three wrote:A forward line of CJ and Oates would excite me. Not sure about him as a wing back. He always worked best when racing past the last line of defence not when held back. Then he looked lost. Too often I thought he was played in the wrong position.

A forward line of Megan Fox and Victoria Justice would excite me more!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum