{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

rumours on new signings

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby AnonAlias » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:28 am

John Marquis, Tyler Walker, Dominic Telford - Exciting potential signings regarded by the club.
Will Swan, Julian Larsson - Club regard these loan signings as young talents with potential.
AnonAlias
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:29 am

Stag95 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:think people will be happy with the CB and Forward we've signed.

A good squad, slowly being made better. Still looks like a Left back will be signed as well

Give us a clue you little tease.

Zipping it after last year :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:39 am

Sedgwick wrote:
Stag95 wrote:

A good squad, slowly being made better. Still looks like a Left back will be signed as well

Give us a clue you little tease.

Zipping it after last year :lol:

what happened last year?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:46 am

I can't believe people are still falling for you pretending to be in the know :lol:

You simply put vague stuff on here that has a relatively high probability of happening (given that we need a CB, a forward and a wing back) and then claim you know exactly what's going on because you're in the know as you once upon a time worked at Derby.

If we had no goalkeeper on the books, you'd be on here saying, "we are in talks with a goalkeeper, I can't say who but fans will be happy with the signing". Then when we sign a goalkeeper, you'd be back on here saying, "I told you so". Repeat ad nauseam.

If you knew anything of any substance, you'd say it. But you don't. You're the biggest bullshitter on here... a remarkable feat really, given some of the other clientele. :)
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:51 am

Random Hero wrote:

I can't believe people are still falling for you pretending to be in the know :lol:

You simply put vague stuff on here that has a relatively high probability of happening (given that we need a CB, a forward and a wing back) and then claim you know exactly what's going on because you're in the know as you once upon a time worked at Derby.

If we had no goalkeeper on the books, you'd be on here saying, "we are in talks with a goalkeeper, I can't say who but fans will be happy with the signing". Then when we sign a goalkeeper, you'd be back on here saying, "I told you so". Repeat ad nauseam.

If you knew anything of any substance, you'd say it. But you don't. You're the biggest bullshitter on here... a remarkable feat really, given some of the other clientele. :)

Got every signing right last year and in Jan amongst other things like perchs scan results etc, very simple reason why and enjoyed knowing more at the time tbh :lol: ... stopped when everyone tries to be your mate to find out. Nothing is also gained from being able to say "told you so" better just waiting for the club to announce it.

Broomo might tell you though if you buy his book or massage his ego enough
Last edited by Sedgwick on Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:52 am

Sedgwick wrote:
Random Hero wrote:

Got every signing right last year and in Jan, very simple reason why and enjoyed knowing tbh :lol: ... stopped when everyone tries to be your mate to find out. Nothing is also gained from being able to say "told you so" better just waiting for the club to announce it.

Prove it
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby gregmtfc » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:55 am

Random Hero wrote:

This ^ bang on

When any signings are announced… it’ll be “ye these are the ones I knew about”
gregmtfc
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Random Hero » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:57 am

gregmtfc wrote:
Random Hero wrote:

This ^ bang on

Or if he says we are in talks with a CB (no names of course) but then we don't sign a CB, it's, "Talks broke down at the last minute", "Failed the medical", "Was offered more elsewhere at the last minute" blah blah blah.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:58 am

Random Hero wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Random Hero wrote:

Got every signing right last year and in Jan, very simple reason why and enjoyed knowing tbh :lol: ... stopped when everyone tries to be your mate to find out. Nothing is also gained from being able to say "told you so" better just waiting for the club to announce it.

Prove it

Not really bothered enough to. Dont need to care what you think... Quite riled up by it though aren't ya, funny. You're one that was in the PM's being pally wanting to know, didnt take being ignored well at all :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:59 am

Sedgwick wrote:

At least the stuff in Broomo's book actually happened.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:01 am

Sedgwick wrote: You're one that was in the PM's being pally wanting to know, didnt take being ignored well at all :lol:

Yet more utter bull. I simply asked if I met you when I was working at Notts. :lol:

You're making yourself look daft.

Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:06 am

Don't know what part of the season is worse on this board.

The cries of anguish ten minutes after we have lost to Sutton United, or the know alls in the transfer window that have been tipped the wink on every player who is about to join us, but as they've signed confidentiality agreements in the Sandy Pate with David Sharpe , cant tell us any more.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:08 am

Why speculate and worry about who’s coming or not coming
We trust Nige and Sharpe to do the best with JR cash whenever they can but sometimes like Naylor it didn’t work out
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:08 am

victor A block wrote:Don't know what part of the season is worse on this board.

The cries of anguish ten minutes after we have lost to Sutton United, or the know alls in the transfer window that have been tipped the wink on every player who is about to join us, but as they've signed confidentiality agreements in the Sandy Pate with David Sharpe , cant tell us any more.

Sedgwick may have signed a non disclosure agreement but I haven't. I'll quite happily post his reply to my PM where he claims another board member is 'obsessed' with knowing him. :lol:
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:13 am

at least i admit i know jack raspberries and reveal my sources...

Marquis - private dunno in the pub
Matt palmer, dad at a funeral in rotherham
John Terry, chatting to him whilst holidaying in the algarve
Goma Lambu, Facebook
Reid to Stevenage - Jimmy Stags Gilliat
Paul Digby to Forest Green - Mate Jazz who was playing for them at the time
Oli Palmer - AFC Wimbledon - same mate Jazz now fitness and physio

Unlike our old Mystic Sedg
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:18 am

Being "in the know" at Stags isn't nearly as cool as you might think it is. I always just picture Steve Hymas' disciples you see scurrying around in his shadow on a match day like a swarm of serfs. Laughing at his bad jokes and offering to buy him a drink because it's good to be "seen" and our Steve has loose lips when he's had a few
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:23 am

Could you give us a small hint and name a former club for the players we’ve supposedly signed? Or give us their age maybe?

This way you won’t give away who the player is (which is totally up to you) but we’ll be able to see if you were actually in the know when said signings are announced.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:28 am

Cleveland_Stag wrote:

Could you give us a small hint and name a former club for the players we’ve supposedly signed? Or give us their age maybe?

This way you won’t give away who the player is (which is totally up to you) but we’ll be able to see if you were actually in the know when said signings are announced.

And you can’t say Burton :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:29 am

Cleveland_Stag wrote:

Former club: "One of the 92 league clubs"
Initials: "Between A and Z"
Nationality: "Earth"
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:30 am

Sedgwick wrote:
Random Hero wrote:

Got every signing right last year and in Jan amongst other things like perchs scan results etc, very simple reason why and enjoyed knowing more at the time tbh :lol: ... stopped when everyone tries to be your mate to find out. Nothing is also gained from being able to say "told you so" better just waiting for the club to announce it.

I thought we could keep our little disagreement private by exchanging DM's but you spat your dummy and are now resorting to having a pop on here.

Out of order.

I could mention the messages we we exchanged in January before the deadline but won't.

I could mention the Quinn thread where you were still talking as if he may be leaving.

You contacted me to tell me 2 signings were done this week. I told you I didn't appreciate you turning nasty on me a month ago (especially as I considered you a mate on here) and that I knew about the signings, probably before you (but don't know who, only the positions)

You then said you'd got every signing right for the last 3 years and there was a good reason for it.

You're anonymous on here, by that I mean we don't know your real name or what you do for a living to keep getting all of this info.

It's very easy to have a cheap dig about massaging my ego. Not once have I asked anyone on here to buy my book. Not once.

I think I've even given copies away to Mansfield fans for free.

There are a couple of lads on here who contacted me last year (and this) about potential signings, I told them what I knew for certain (not guesses) but didn't post it on the forum and asked them not to post that it came from me, they can confirm or deny whether it was true or not.

Who are you and why are you suddenly giving it the billy big raspberrys?

All you had to do was say sorry for having a pop and we'd have been as right as rain.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:31 am

Cleveland_Stag wrote:

He can’t because he doesn’t have a clue
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:32 am

Random Hero wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:

Former club: "One of the 92 league clubs"
Initials: "Between A and Z"
Nationality: "Earth"
It's John Marquis Alex Baptiste and Alex Jeannin then.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:32 am

gregmtfc wrote:
Random Hero wrote:

This ^ bang on

The names Sedgwick knows are exactly the same as those someone in t'pub told me last night ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:33 am

Keeper signed. Fahd Salah, played Champs league before
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:35 am

for peat sake, can someone just get everyone to stop arguing
Last edited by PEAR CIDER on Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum