{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

rumours on new signings

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: rumours on new signings

Postby adamstag » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:03 pm

Can we part exchange akins in the deal?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby SeanieStag » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:20 pm

I know that Ronaldo's unhappy at Man U. Could be him.
SeanieStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby RudyDude » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:30 pm

Is it the successful applicant for the Commis Chef vacancy that was advertised?
BLACK LIVES MATTER so I applaud players 'taking a knee'
RudyDude
First Team
First Team

Postby RudyDude » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:32 pm

RudyDude wrote:Is it the successful applicant for the Commis Chef vacancy that was advertised?

Is it Gordon Ramsay?

:mtfc:
RudyDude
First Team
First Team

Postby Dan » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:33 pm

Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby RudyDude » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:39 pm

Welcome to the young man and best wishes. Hope you're a big success here.
RudyDude
First Team
First Team

Postby zod » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:41 pm

Does he know any strikers?
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby SeanieStag » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:18 pm

I just want to wish our new left wingback a warm welcome to Field Mill.
SeanieStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:27 am

zod wrote:Does he know any strikers?

That’s what’s needed. Any fresh rumours?
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:29 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:

John Akinde I've heard
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:11 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

John Akinde I've heard

Wouldn't turn him down on the right money but he must be getting on a bit.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:20 am

adamstag wrote:Can we part exchange akins in the deal?

Just read how much the players rate the fans and looking forward to match day.
As a fan i respect all who wears the Amber N Blue they are the ones trying to make my dreams happen
I thought it a bit early to be critical of players, but hey ho away we go
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:22 am

bear 73 wrote:

As a fan i respect all who wears the Amber N Blue they are the ones trying to make my dreams happen

I think Akins might do well this season tbh.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:28 am

Hawkins, Bowery, Gale, Oates, Swan, Akins, and says Lapslie could do a job up there.
Johnson,
And he still remembers Cook, Maynard and Reid so yes
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:30 am

SeanieStag wrote:I just want to wish our new left wingback a warm welcome to Field Mill.

Leeds set the bar for utility playesr and we are just catching up
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:01 am

bear 73 wrote:

Do you really expect players to say anything else in public about the fans? This is the age of offence, indignation and betrayal and heaven forbid anyone who says anything but heartfelt praise about our faithful 5000. Just on a similar point does anyone really believe that every player signs for Mansfield because of our training facility. ....I'd love to read an honest interview without leading questions.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:08 am

What became apparent yesterday is that we are crying out for a new centre forward. Despite having 3 on the pitch, two were in defence.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Stagspur » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:43 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:What became apparent yesterday is that we are crying out for a new centre forward. Despite having 3 on the pitch, two were in defence.

Or in denial of being Strikers, with there backs to Goal even Lethal back passes
IF Oates picks up a lengthy injury, No don't even go there
Stagspur
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Vice President » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:19 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:What became apparent yesterday is that we are crying out for a new centre forward. Despite having 3 on the pitch, two were in defence.

Indeed. Given that Nigel was an international quality striker (and is also a proven good manager), his approach to our current striker situation is baffling. It has been clear for a long time that we need a proven goal scorer (as opposed to someone who 'can play up front').
I also find his philosophy that the entire defence consists of midfielders & strikers very perplexing.
Don't get me wrong ... I really like Clough and I hope he will be our manager for a long time to come. I just hope this unorthodox approach brings success.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:37 pm

Vice President wrote:

Indeed. Given that Nigel was an international quality striker (and is also a proven good manager), his approach to our current striker situation is baffling. It has been clear for a long time that we need a proven goal scorer (as opposed to someone who 'can play up front').
I also find his philosophy that the entire defence consists of midfielders & strikers very perplexing.
Don't get me wrong ... I really like Clough and I hope he will be our manager for a long time to come. I just hope this unorthodox approach brings success.

I put this in my report:

A word on the signing of Hartigan, a midfielder from AFC Wimbledon. Some fans have questioned why the signing of a midfielder and not a forward. Nigel Clough clarified in midweek when asked about signings: "Ideally we'd like another forward player. The owners put in a couple of substantial bids for strikers. We weren't successful."
So having been unsuccessful bringing in a quality striker, but with a quality midfielder being available in Hartigan, the choice between signing a striker for the sake of it or bringing in a player in a different position, but who is a high quality and will add to the quality of the squad, I think became one that clearly came down on the side of signing Hartigan.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby oldweststander » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:18 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Vice President wrote:

I put this in my report:

A word on the signing of Hartigan, a midfielder from AFC Wimbledon. Some fans have questioned why the signing of a midfielder and not a forward. Nigel Clough clarified in midweek when asked about signings: "Ideally we'd like another forward player. The owners put in a couple of substantial bids for strikers. We weren't successful."
So having been unsuccessful bringing in a quality striker, but with a quality midfielder being available in Hartigan, the choice between signing a striker for the sake of it or bringing in a player in a different position, but who is a high quality and will add to the quality of the squad, I think became one that clearly came down on the side of signing Hartigan.

My view is we will see a midfielder leave before August 31st and a striker come in, we certainly cannot expect top three as we are.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby AshoverStag » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:46 pm

oldweststander wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Vice President wrote:

I put this in my report:

My view is we will see a midfielder leave before August 31st and a striker come in, we certainly cannot expect top three as we are.

There are no absolute’s and certainly no guarantees. Nobody knows what will happen. We went on a superb run last season with the same Striker we have now. Mr Oates. We had numerous players scoring from different positions.
We have more options on providers, and quality Ball distribution in Midfield this season
Add to the mix a potential player of the season in the making Boateng who looks amazing so far with his creativity and playmaking style. I don’t agree tbh with the “We certainty cannot expect top three as we are” comment
When you think you know the answers, I change the questions
AshoverStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Vinnie » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:09 pm

Tin hat ready, but thought hemmings yesterday looked like an ideal partner for oates up front.
Vinnie
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:24 pm

Vinnie wrote:Tin hat ready, but thought hemmings yesterday looked like an ideal partner for oates up front.

I was looking at him and I'd forget he was there :lol:
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Vinnie » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:33 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:
Vinnie wrote:Tin hat ready, but thought hemmings yesterday looked like an ideal partner for oates up front.

I was looking at him and I'd forget he was there :lol:

I stand corrected!
Vinnie
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum