{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season ticket pricing (update: 4450 sold so far)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season ticket pricing (update: over 4000 sold so far)

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:30 pm

Rob wrote:
zod wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Rob wrote:We keep having this discussion, frankly it's absurd the club haven't done anything with it and makes no sense whatsoever. The club will pay a heavy price for not doing it should we have another successful season. I'd guess not having that extra capacity has cost the club over £1m in lost gate receipts since JR took over.
I can't remember many sell out games since JR took over.

Me neither

:lol: I'm not going to list them all, but we had several just last season. Also you have to factor in sold out away support too as we could accommodate excess away fans in the Bishop.
Rest assured if we had been losing out on big attendances it would have been done. As someone pointed out early, it wasn't that long ago 3,500 was regarded as a good attendance. It's good that we have this option and I am sure the Bishop Street will be developed when crowds are regularly higher.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:47 pm

It would be interesting to see the breakdown of all the Season Tickets sold and in what categories.

An average price of £200 per ticket would see £800k being brought into the club.
I imagine we are somewhere between £800k - £1 million in season ticket sales as I hear we are closer to 4,100 now.
Fantastic effort !
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:50 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Rob wrote:
zod wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Rob wrote:We keep having this discussion, frankly it's absurd the club haven't done anything with it and makes no sense whatsoever. The club will pay a heavy price for not doing it should we have another successful season. I'd guess not having that extra capacity has cost the club over £1m in lost gate receipts since JR took over.

Me neither

:lol: I'm not going to list them all, but we had several just last season. Also you have to factor in sold out away support too as we could accommodate excess away fans in the Bishop.
Rest assured if we had been losing out on big attendances it would have been done. As someone pointed out early, it wasn't that long ago 3,500 was regarded as a good attendance. It's good that we have this option and I am sure the Bishop Street will be developed when crowds are regularly higher.

Crowds are regularly high, we now have over 4k season ticket holders, the ground creaks to its pips whenever there are more than 4k home fans. It needs doing now, even if it is one of the cheap options shown earlier. Last season alone we lost tens of thousands, probably hundreds of thousands, in lost capacity, it's why clubs expand their grounds. You might be happy with off field stagnation, losing money in over-crowded kiosks, unable to accommodate big away crowds (we have Derby twice at home soon) and potentially sold out home games, but to increase our income this stand needs doing right now.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:59 pm

Agree Rob.....Whilst can fit the 4k+ season ticket holders and the possible 1.5k-2k paying supporters into the ground we cannot cope with the queues to get in or the queues once inside.
Haslam built the ground with little or no thought on large crowds entering and being able to cope with those large crowds once inside.

The food kiosks are a poor size and probably cannot be increased to accommodate the large demand.
The club also suffers to contain recruitment of kiosk staff too.....probably due to some of them being abused due to poor standard of training / service and the wait the customer has had in getting served.

Anything that can be done to help with these issues will make the matchday experience better for fans and keep them coming in......but we then need a bigger ground.
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:11 pm

Agree with Rob. Something needs doing. Not only to maximise our potential income and growth but also to make the ground look like a half decent stadium. It looks rubbish at times looking over at that eyesore. With a possible growing crowd base including lots more kids and the potential for much bigger crowds down the line, it’s a matter of time before something will be done.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:19 pm

I’ve no idea about how much these sorts of things cost, so how much would it cost to knock the stand down and put up a cheap option? (Realistically it can’t be done now as I assume this would cause damage to the pitch)

Secondly, whatever the answer to the first question, would you rather that figure was used on the playing squad or on sorting the stand out?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby StagInHucknall » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:25 pm

Re food kiosks just have plenty of food stall/food vans outside the IG stand, enough to cope with the numbers. Could potentially do the same at the back of the Quarry Lane.
StagInHucknall
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:28 pm

Rob wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
zod wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Me neither

Crowds are regularly high, we now have over 4k season ticket holders, the ground creaks to its pips whenever there are more than 4k home fans. It needs doing now, even if it is one of the cheap options shown earlier. Last season alone we lost tens of thousands, probably hundreds of thousands, in lost capacity, it's why clubs expand their grounds. You might be happy with off field stagnation, losing money in over-crowded kiosks, unable to accommodate big away crowds (we have Derby twice at home soon) and potentially sold out home games, but to increase our income this stand needs doing right now.

Simply don't know how people can see it any other way Rob. Radford needs to see this season's record for ST sales as a sign to redevelop.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:45 pm

Off field stagnation??

I’ve heard it all now
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:48 pm

I'm debating whether to get a season ticket last minute or see if there will be a QLE membership. I want to be a part of this record breaking number but I'll miss 6 games before Christmas which is the only thing putting me off. My QLE ticket would cost £14.40 per game. It bugs me that I won't get full value of the ticket! :lol:
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:05 pm

Tre Cool wrote:I'm debating whether to get a season ticket last minute or see if there will be a QLE membership. I want to be a part of this record breaking number but I'll miss 6 games before Christmas which is the only thing putting me off. My QLE ticket would cost £14.40 per game. It bugs me that I won't get full value of the ticket! :lol:

Ive been told multiple times they aren't do any QLE membership this year, but not by anyone from the club

Also from trying to pick out season ticket seats, theres not that many left in QLE that wont be reserved for the family section
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:30 pm

Tre Cool wrote:I'm debating whether to get a season ticket last minute or see if there will be a QLE membership. I want to be a part of this record breaking number but I'll miss 6 games before Christmas which is the only thing putting me off. My QLE ticket would cost £14.40 per game. It bugs me that I won't get full value of the ticket! :lol:

Would you not pay £15 a ticket (plus the cost of your membership over 17 games you can make) though even under QLE membership? So better off with a ST regardless
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:33 pm

I think we need something in place for fans to organize amongst ourselves where we can arrange "borrowing" a ST for matches that you'd miss. Just fans paying eachother reduced prices on ST for the day. Obviously the club would never sign off on this, it'd have to be grass roots and fan driven.

Surely having the seat occupied and the bit of revenue generated from food/ drink etc is better than a no show.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:20 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:

I think we need something in place for fans to organize amongst ourselves where we can arrange "borrowing" a ST for matches that you'd miss. Just fans paying eachother reduced prices on ST for the day. Obviously the club would never sign off on this, it'd have to be grass roots and fan driven.

Surely having the seat occupied and the bit of revenue generated from food/ drink etc is better than a no show.

I've just done the deed and chose to receive my tickets via Email.
I've received the QR code but I was hoping we'd get a QR code for each individual match. If I were to share my QR code for a particular game it's open to abuse.

I'm number 4065 which is an indicator of the exact total sold. :)
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby NEStag » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:42 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:

This is what the club website says. I wonder if anyone has ever asked them? I'd like to pass mine on as I can't get to a lot of home games.

3.3. You may only resell or transfer the Season Ticket to a Guest with the express written consent of the Club given at the Club’s absolute discretion. No such resale or transfer will be permitted except where the same takes place in respect of an individual match and in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of a ticket to that Match and such transfer does not take place during the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third party’s business save for any secondary ticketing operator expressly approved by the Club.

Such resale or transfer to any Guest is hereby provided to be subject to the Terms and Conditions of Entry which will (save for any rights to transfer under this clause) apply to that Guest as if he/she was the original purchaser of the Season Ticket (and you must inform the Guest of this).
NEStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:06 pm

:hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria:
It would cost a lot more than 1m to build a new stand.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:11 pm

Not to mention running costs including extra staffing and reduced revenue from the advertising boards.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:58 pm

The problems solved then.We build a 30 foot high fence , cover it in advertising, sit on our hands, and let any future revenue increase pass us by,
The Mansfield way of doing things
If we had the money to build a hotel, then surely we have enough to rid ourselves, of the eyesore that is the Bishop Street side. Perhaps we can use the money that we haven't spent on players in the close season?
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby Rob » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:55 pm

Spiritater wrote:

So who said it wouldn't?

You might be happy in a three sided ground with insufficient capacity, facilities that are quite clearly not good enough and year on year lost revenue, but if we want to progress as a club then the laughing stock that is the Bishop Street needs redeveloping, It's absurd you think we should do nothing with this side of the ground given we have approx 70% sold out of every home game next season. If we have a good season we will be losing thousands a game - how many ad boards is that? To progress as a club (and lets face it we have never had better owners to do this) we must have a stadium fit for purpose. You do understand that our non-league foes over the M1 have staged an international game and a prestigious pre-season friendly in the past month or so? I wonder why they didn't choose Field Mill? Maybe you just want us to remain a Div 4 club forever so you can keep moaning.

I'm not even going to waste my breath on the ridiculous lost advertising revenue argument, though I will say if that was a serious point, maybe we should knock the other three stands down and build huge advertising hoardings :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:24 am

I don't think anyone is saying that the Bishop Street should never be redeveloped. I don't agree that the club have lost out on large amounts of revenue by not doing it so far. The redevelopment, done properly will cost a lot of money. No point in doing it for the sake of one season. The club needs to be established in league one. Darlington spent vast amounts of money on a new out of town stadium with a large capacity only to end up in oblivion. I know it was on a different scale, to what is proposed at the One Call, but the principal is the same. Redevelop the Bishop Street when it is needed on a regular basis.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby jonnym150281 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:02 am

Any idea when tickets will be available to collect?
jonnym150281
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:42 am

Amber Andy wrote:I don't think anyone is saying that the Bishop Street should never be redeveloped. I don't agree that the club have lost out on large amounts of revenue by not doing it so far. The redevelopment, done properly will cost a lot of money. No point in doing it for the sake of one season. The club needs to be established in league one. Darlington spent vast amounts of money on a new out of town stadium with a large capacity only to end up in oblivion. I know it was on a different scale, to what is proposed at the One Call, but the principal is the same. Redevelop the Bishop Street when it is needed on a regular basis.

I'm with you Andy. We are as Rob states a Div 4 club, have been (or worse) for probably 30 out of the 32 years. It takes only a couple of seasons of mediocrity ala the two previous to last season to make the fanbase waver, it's a finely balanced thing with us.
I want to see a newly developed Bish I really do, but not off the back of half decent ( ultimately) failed season. I'd sooner money be spent (at this point ) getting us up and establishing ourselves in the next tier for a year or two before making Rob's dream come true. Odd, probably and Rob'll probably give me a good internet kicking on t'matter, but most folk come to watch primarily the team win and play well and that's what maaters at the moment. Unless of course you are Rob n Yorkie who sit there all game muttering and crying about the view.l
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:25 am

Rob wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

So who said it wouldn't?

You might be happy in a three sided ground with insufficient capacity, facilities that are quite clearly not good enough and year on year lost revenue, but if we want to progress as a club then the laughing stock that is the Bishop Street needs redeveloping, It's absurd you think we should do nothing with this side of the ground given we have approx 70% sold out of every home game next season. If we have a good season we will be losing thousands a game - how many ad boards is that? To progress as a club (and lets face it we have never had better owners to do this) we must have a stadium fit for purpose. You do understand that our non-league foes over the M1 have staged an international game and a prestigious pre-season friendly in the past month or so? I wonder why they didn't choose Field Mill? Maybe you just want us to remain a Div 4 club forever so you can keep moaning.

I'm not even going to waste my breath on the ridiculous lost advertising revenue argument, though I will say if that was a serious point, maybe we should knock the other three stands down and build huge advertising hoardings :lol:

As we Hebrews say "If not now? When?"

If we (as a club) don't build on this increased interest now, it's never going to happen.

How many times does a new or returning punter put up with poor facilities or missing out on the seat they want before they say 'fuggit' and go back to whatever it was they used to do before (re)disvovering Stags.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:27 am

Rob, you are wrong.

Andy is spot on. Yes build it, but not until we need it.

JR has been really clear since his early days of ownership that he wants the club to be able to run in its own merits. I’m not sure whereabouts the capital is supposed to come from in order to build a new stand? I assume people are just expecting JR to pay it out of his own pocket?

Once the club can evidence that it will make more than it costs, that is the time to do it.

That means at least League 1 football on a regular basis. Something we haven’t achieved if over 40 years
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:05 am

kevin kents tasce wrote:Not to mention running costs including extra staffing and reduced revenue from the advertising boards.

Exactly, doing up the bishop st in league 2 makes absolutely no business sense what so ever, we’d be losing out if anything.

Keep it as it is and if we go up do something about it
adamstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum