{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season ticket pricing (update: 4450 sold so far)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season ticket pricing (update: over 4000 sold so far)

Postby georgefostersbeard » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:27 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:It's going to be a safe standing terrace. Jr said as much. So waiting to do something better when it's.more justified isn't really a reason. That part of the ground is so constrained anyway.

Do a nice smart terrace, with an integrated TV gantry a and score board. Improve capacity by circa 2500 and improve the atmosphere and the look of the ground. Maybe even integrate the lawn mower garage by the side of the QLE.

Final point - we don't.lnow what the CapEx is so all the talk about what is and isn't VfM is guesswork. Point that no one can argue is we're growing and progressing. So we need the room to expand into. You don't wait to reach capacity then respond, you anticipate, predict and prepare.

I have said this many times before, but here goes again. If we do this then we are investing money to reduce matchday income. Yes there will be the occasional sellout, but for the rest of the fixtures how many fans will go with the cheaper option of standing rather than the existing seated areas ? Let's say 500 people at £5 less each so we are down £2,500 per match, the best part of £60k per season just on league games. That is going to take 3 or 4 sellout games per season just to cover that loss, and that is without taking into account any matchday costs of opening the additional stand - stewards, kiosk staff, etc.
John Radford is a very succesful businessman. David Sharpe is doing a fantastic job as CEO. I am sure they have been having these discussions and will have certain criteria in mind that will trigger the need for the development of Bishop Street.

Agreed, the urgency seems to come from it looking awful rather than the inherent need for it other than the odd game
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:41 am

Grimsby fan1984 wrote:
The One wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Grimsby fan1984 wrote:I can safely say as a neutral you will beat your average attendance from last season no doubt with those numbers. What's the away allocation these days? We should bring a fair few

If you bring over 1000 just before christmas notts police will have about 200 on duty, horses helicopters and probably several tanks in reserve.

You forgot the gate, no booze, 9am kick off and the dogs

Yeah no doubt there will be a big po po presence for that game, we didn't have many problems last season the new owners are really trying to improve the reputation of the club and so far it's working (we were mostly winning though which helped) so hopefully next season is more of the same and gradually we are treated more like humans less like wild animals.

Yeah you’ll be treated like animals here, our police are an absolute joke. I’d put good money on it being an early kick off as well.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:46 am

georgefostersbeard wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:It's going to be a safe standing terrace. Jr said as much. So waiting to do something better when it's.more justified isn't really a reason. That part of the ground is so constrained anyway.

Do a nice smart terrace, with an integrated TV gantry a and score board. Improve capacity by circa 2500 and improve the atmosphere and the look of the ground. Maybe even integrate the lawn mower garage by the side of the QLE.

Final point - we don't.lnow what the CapEx is so all the talk about what is and isn't VfM is guesswork. Point that no one can argue is we're growing and progressing. So we need the room to expand into. You don't wait to reach capacity then respond, you anticipate, predict and prepare.

I have said this many times before, but here goes again. If we do this then we are investing money to reduce matchday income. Yes there will be the occasional sellout, but for the rest of the fixtures how many fans will go with the cheaper option of standing rather than the existing seated areas ? Let's say 500 people at £5 less each so we are down £2,500 per match, the best part of £60k per season just on league games. That is going to take 3 or 4 sellout games per season just to cover that loss, and that is without taking into account any matchday costs of opening the additional stand - stewards, kiosk staff, etc.
John Radford is a very succesful businessman. David Sharpe is doing a fantastic job as CEO. I am sure they have been having these discussions and will have certain criteria in mind that will trigger the need for the development of Bishop Street.

Agreed, the urgency seems to come from it looking awful rather than the inherent need for it other than the odd game

Pretty much, there isn’t any need to do anything with it at present and we should focus on promotion first.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:55 am

Rob wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Rob wrote:The stand will probably be there for around 50 years plus, I think it will more than pay for itself! Fans often point an accusatory finger at Haslam for not building the stand yet now when we have owners who can easily afford it, some don't want it done. I can't get my head around it!

Anyway, changed my mind on the glue, wouldn't want to give Mark the pleasure and I bet it still stinks over there ;)

And fans who love to spend other peoples money.

Do you think the same when fans ask to sign players,yes I do, JR wants the club self sustainable, so do I. or when JR bought the Mill,an absolute necessity or we had no chance of promotion and therefore no future. or when he built RH? Built with profits of a separate housing company set up by JR and SH and once again an absolute necessity for progression Are fans only allowed to discuss things they themselves will pay for? Are Man U fans going to pay for the redevelopment of OT? Are Everton fans paying for their new ground? Are Villa fans paying for their new stand? Weren't you asking for a new ticketing system? Did you pay for it? For all of these the answer is yes, for my few quid a month is part of the £100m plus per year they get from Sky It's a poor argument,talking of poor arguments the “ I have the right to tell others how to spend their money” is the poorest. fans are clearly entitled to an opinion on how to improve our club, be it on or off the field.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:15 pm

Big yella wrote:
Rob wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Rob wrote:The stand will probably be there for around 50 years plus, I think it will more than pay for itself! Fans often point an accusatory finger at Haslam for not building the stand yet now when we have owners who can easily afford it, some don't want it done. I can't get my head around it!

Anyway, changed my mind on the glue, wouldn't want to give Mark the pleasure and I bet it still stinks over there ;)

And fans who love to spend other peoples money.

Do you think the same when fans ask to sign players,yes I do, JR wants the club self sustainable, so do I. or when JR bought the Mill,an absolute necessity or we had no chance of promotion and therefore no future. or when he built RH? Built with profits of a separate housing company set up by JR and SH and once again an absolute necessity for progression Are fans only allowed to discuss things they themselves will pay for? Are Man U fans going to pay for the redevelopment of OT? Are Everton fans paying for their new ground? Are Villa fans paying for their new stand? Weren't you asking for a new ticketing system? Did you pay for it? For all of these the answer is yes, for my few quid a month is part of the £100m plus per year they get from Sky It's a poor argument,talking of poor arguments the “ I have the right to tell others how to spend their money” is the poorest. fans are clearly entitled to an opinion on how to improve our club, be it on or off the field.

What rubbish.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:01 pm

Any news on the final early bird total?
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:22 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:Any news on the final early bird total?

it was over 4,000 as of Saturday night, no update since then
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:52 am

Stag95 wrote:
Grimsby fan1984 wrote:
The One wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Grimsby fan1984 wrote:I can safely say as a neutral you will beat your average attendance from last season no doubt with those numbers. What's the away allocation these days? We should bring a fair few

If you bring over 1000 just before christmas notts police will have about 200 on duty, horses helicopters and probably several tanks in reserve.

You forgot the gate, no booze, 9am kick off and the dogs

Yeah no doubt there will be a big po po presence for that game, we didn't have many problems last season the new owners are really trying to improve the reputation of the club and so far it's working (we were mostly winning though which helped) so hopefully next season is more of the same and gradually we are treated more like humans less like wild animals.

Yeah you’ll be treated like animals here, our police are an absolute joke. I’d put good money on it being an early kick off as well.

Both games will be 1pm kick offs.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:49 am

To be fair, neither game against Grimsby last time we played them (with crowds) were 1pm kick offs.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:36 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:Any news on the final early bird total?

I bought my ticket at around 8pm Sunday night and I was 4065
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:09 pm

Been to ground earlier, some of car park closed off.. solar panels being fitted to ground
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:01 pm

Why would they put solar panels on the floor when they could put them on the stadium
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby maverick34 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:46 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:Why would they put solar panels on the floor when they could put them on the stadium

Getting ahead of the game to trial wireless car charging, a bit like wireless phone chargers, for all them electric vehicles that are soon becoming the 'norm'. Just rock up, park on the solar panel, and off we go with charging ;) :lol:
maverick34
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:01 pm

But the car would stop the Solar panel seeing the sun....
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby maverick34 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:09 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:But the car would stop the Solar panel seeing the sun....

It is one of the flaws, however for the duration the car isn't parked there, it'll be sat building up a power bank to charge when needed, for the few sunny days of the year we get anyway :lol:
maverick34
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:11 pm

Solar panels work during the night nowadays... somehow?
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby ElwoodBlues » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:30 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

Solar panels work during the night nowadays... somehow?

Correct but they are next gen and are called Lunar Panels

The new gen wind turbines that don't need wind are just called Turbines !
And if young Nigel says he's happy
He must be happy
He must be happy
He must be happy in his world
ElwoodBlues
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dan » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:31 pm

They’re not as good as sky hooks or left handed screwdrivers though.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:23 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:Why would they put solar panels on the floor when they could put them on the stadium

Smart bum. They were putt8ng some near the tunnel
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:24 pm

Well JR does own a solar power company so not a huge surprise.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:16 pm

Probably heat the changing rooms.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby HitchcocksShins » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:24 pm

Just been down Quarry Lane nature reserve and it looks like they're installing something on top of the stand
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:30 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:Just been down Quarry Lane nature reserve and it looks like they're installing something on top of the stand

Surely not the wireless car chargers mentioned earlier. How are people gonna get their car on the roof?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:58 pm

It's sola panels
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:20 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:Just been down Quarry Lane nature reserve and it looks like they're installing something on top of the stand

Surely not the wireless car chargers mentioned earlier. How are people gonna get their car on the roof?

Driving round Annesley at weekends
The One
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum