{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season ticket pricing (update: 4450 sold so far)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season ticket pricing (update: over 4000 sold so far)

Postby adamstag » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:31 pm

They’re a very smart move.

Being able to potentially sell energy back to the national grid at a price when energy prices are through the roof (no pun intended) is the way forward.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:48 pm

adamstag wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:It's going to be a safe standing terrace. Jr said as much. So waiting to do something better when it's.more justified isn't really a reason. That part of the ground is so constrained anyway.

Do a nice smart terrace, with an integrated TV gantry a and score board. Improve capacity by circa 2500 and improve the atmosphere and the look of the ground. Maybe even integrate the lawn mower garage by the side of the QLE.

Final point - we don't.lnow what the CapEx is so all the talk about what is and isn't VfM is guesswork. Point that no one can argue is we're growing and progressing. So we need the room to expand into. You don't wait to reach capacity then respond, you anticipate, predict and prepare.

I have said this many times before, but here goes again. If we do this then we are investing money to reduce matchday income. Yes there will be the occasional sellout, but for the rest of the fixtures how many fans will go with the cheaper option of standing rather than the existing seated areas ? Let's say 500 people at £5 less each so we are down £2,500 per match, the best part of £60k per season just on league games. That is going to take 3 or 4 sellout games per season just to cover that loss, and that is without taking into account any matchday costs of opening the additional stand - stewards, kiosk staff, etc.
John Radford is a very succesful businessman. David Sharpe is doing a fantastic job as CEO. I am sure they have been having these discussions and will have certain criteria in mind that will trigger the need for the development of Bishop Street.

Agreed, the urgency seems to come from it looking awful rather than the inherent need for it other than the odd game

Pretty much, there isn’t any need to do anything with it at present and we should focus on promotion first.

People have been saying that for 20 years! - We could have had a new stand by now for half the price and still be where we are in league 2. :D
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Suttonian » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:40 pm

The One wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:Just been down Quarry Lane nature reserve and it looks like they're installing something on top of the stand

Surely not the wireless car chargers mentioned earlier. How are people gonna get their car on the roof?

Driving round Annesley at weekends

:lol: :clap:
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:29 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Well JR does own a solar power company so not a huge surprise.

Well what's taken him so flipping long, then
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:57 pm

There was a queue at the post office..
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:04 pm

Yeah
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:11 am

Captain Cunno wrote:There was a queue at the post office..

I heard it was to do with a dirty double decker Stagecoach.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:07 pm

Latest figure is 4338
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:20 pm

Massive - wonder what effect this will have on attendances. I think we’ll average around 5,500 but if we’re there or there abouts we should top 6k.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:30 pm

Stag95 wrote:Massive - wonder what effect this will have on attendances. I think we’ll average around 5,500 but if we’re there or there abouts we should top 6k.

Would like ST to get to 4500
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby julianshatnasty » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:41 pm

Random Hero wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:There was a queue at the post office..

I heard it was to do with a dirty double decker Stagecoach.

This deserves credit
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:20 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Season ticket pricing (update: 4338 sold so far)

Postby yorkstag » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:03 pm

An incredible effort. Absolutely amazing and no doubt the result of a sensible pricing structure and a system which makes it easy to do business.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:06 pm

That figure would have exceeded our average gate in 34 out of the last 40 seasons. :D
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:03 am

This is incredible.

Now give the people what they want. The 'p' word
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:26 am

Don’t want to put a downer on all this because the support is amazing. But every hime game last season that had over 5k fans was an absolute raspberryshow. People queuing for 20 mins to get in, cannot get served for a single thing at half time even if you leave 5 mins before the whistle has gone. No proper queuing so the back of the queue snakes into the toilets. The world’s slowest staff that aren’t bothered about serving quickly. I’m sure there’s arrangements underway to fix this and hope it’s better next season.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby St Hilary Stag » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:12 am

Its looking very positive that we could average around the 5-5500 attendances at home this season .( more when the likes of Grimsby are in town ) :coys:
Far South West's number ONE fan
'
St Hilary Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:28 am

Stag95 wrote:Don’t want to put a downer on all this because the support is amazing. But every hime game last season that had over 5k fans was an absolute raspberryshow. People queuing for 20 mins to get in, cannot get served for a single thing at half time even if you leave 5 mins before the whistle has gone. No proper queuing so the back of the queue snakes into the toilets. The world’s slowest staff that aren’t bothered about serving quickly. I’m sure there’s arrangements underway to fix this and hope it’s better next season.

Well that’s put a downer on things :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:40 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Stag95 wrote:Don’t want to put a downer on all this because the support is amazing. But every hime game last season that had over 5k fans was an absolute raspberryshow. People queuing for 20 mins to get in, cannot get served for a single thing at half time even if you leave 5 mins before the whistle has gone. No proper queuing so the back of the queue snakes into the toilets. The world’s slowest staff that aren’t bothered about serving quickly. I’m sure there’s arrangements underway to fix this and hope it’s better next season.

I’m now downer than a down thing on down time. :(
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:11 pm

Big yella wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

You don't have to sit around
Complaining 'bout the way your life has wound up
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:31 pm

Eastern Green Stag wrote:Its looking very positive that we could average around the 5-5500 attendances at home this season .( more when the likes of Grimsby are in town ) :coys:

And Stockport, Bradford, Doncaster.......maybe more.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby victor A block » Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:34 pm

Correct. Ground/facilities/organisation/segregation not fit for purpose if there are over 5000 in, so I'm sure its going to be "interesting"
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:49 pm

victor A block wrote:

Correct. Ground/facilities/organisation/segregation not fit for purpose if there are over 5000 in, so I'm sure its going to be "interesting"

Has anyone thought about redeveloping the Bishop Street stand ;)
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:04 pm

Sneag wrote:
victor A block wrote:

Has anyone thought about redeveloping the Bishop Street stand ;)

I haven't :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:45 am

HitchcocksShins wrote:
Big yella wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

You don't have to sit around
Complaining 'bout the way your life has wound up

My name ain’t Tallulah.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum