{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season ticket pricing (update: 4450 sold so far)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season ticket pricing (update: over 3100 sold so far)

Postby Rob » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:01 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Mansfield has an estimated population of 110,000 but we can’t discount other areas for our support and I’d say we’ve got the pull of a lot of the outskirts of Mansfield, for instance, Sutton-in-A. We’re probably pulling supporters in from an estimated 250,000 population.
Not sure how this sort of equates with other clubs as some areas overlap or are close to two big cities or more.

The same can be said of almost every town though. You can only compare like with like, so Mansfield and Distrct, which I think is what you mean, should be compared with Grimsby and District - it's much simpler just to compare each individual towns population. Anyway, I'm boring myself with this now :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby crw95 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:58 pm

Rob wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Mansfield has an estimated population of 110,000 but we can’t discount other areas for our support and I’d say we’ve got the pull of a lot of the outskirts of Mansfield, for instance, Sutton-in-A. We’re probably pulling supporters in from an estimated 250,000 population.
Not sure how this sort of equates with other clubs as some areas overlap or are close to two big cities or more.

The same can be said of almost every town though. You can only compare like with like, so Mansfield and Distrct, which I think is what you mean, should be compared with Grimsby and District - it's much simpler just to compare each individual towns population. Anyway, I'm boring myself with this now :lol:

There'll never be an exact science to it, Grimsby isn't comparable arguably because there's no 'big' team for miles, but still their 5k sold is still admirable for our level. Same with Bradford and Stockport irrespective of population or price, people are forgetting their neighbours (Leeds & the Mcr clubs respectively) are much closer and bigger than ours, 15k and 5k are fine efforts.

It's just hugely encouraging that we're attracting higher numbers than ever before, wherever they're from.
crw95
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:00 pm

Rob wrote:

You said it :lol: yeah totally agree. Hard to compare any of it really.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:04 pm

oldweststander wrote:

Will the outlying casual supporters now turn their allegiance to the Tricky Trees?

I don't think so, with every game at Forest being a sell out and the Bridgford end completely given to away fans many won't have a cat in hells chance of getting a ticket home or away so I can see a few locals coming to watch us this season, especially if we start off well.
Forest getting promoted could be a blessing for us.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:16 pm

If we do well, people will come.

Doesn't matter what forest do.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:19 pm

My bro's a Florist fan and can't get a ST there so he's coming to watch us instead. He came 6- 7 times last season but 5 of those were in the ropey spell.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:45 am

Spiritater wrote:My bro's a Florist fan and can't get a ST there so he's coming to watch us instead. He came 6- 7 times last season but 5 of those were in the ropey spell.

Can we give him the same abuse that many on here give to Bear and Broomo?
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:54 am

kevin kents tasce wrote:
Spiritater wrote:My bro's a Florist fan and can't get a ST there so he's coming to watch us instead. He came 6- 7 times last season but 5 of those were in the ropey spell.

If he comes on the forum and starts telling us how to support the Stags, a team that most on here have been supporting all of their lives, then yes.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:06 am

Fair point. What about if he passes observation in the performance of the team or chooses to verbally support the manager whilst in the stadium and having a pre or post match pint with Stags fans?
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:38 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:Fair point. What about if he passes observation in the performance of the team or chooses to verbally support the manager whilst in the stadium and having a pre or post match pint with Stags fans?

If he comes on here telling me I’m a “so called fan” he’ll get told to cluck off too.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Grimsby fan1984 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:47 pm

I feel like in general people are becoming more and more passionate about supporting their local team rather than going to soulless higher level games or watching on TV, increased attendances reflect that to an extent.I loved going to new grounds in the national league (not that i want us to go back) and looking forward to games next season against 'proper' clubs give me that every week rather than a soulless stadium watching overpaid players knock it sidewards for 15 minutes at a time.
Grimsby fan1984
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:54 pm

Grimsby fan1984 wrote:I feel like in general people are becoming more and more passionate about supporting their local team rather than going to soulless higher level games or watching on TV, increased attendances reflect that to an extent.I loved going to new grounds in the national league (not that i want us to go back) and looking forward to games next season against 'proper' clubs give me that every week rather than a soulless stadium watching overpaid players knock it sidewards for 15 minutes at a time.

I will always stand by this and say that I will probably always enjoy the Championship, League 1 and League 2 more than the Prem, champions League etc.

Haven't watched MOTD in years but always watch EFL highlights.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:00 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:Fair point. What about if he passes observation in the performance of the team or chooses to verbally support the manager whilst in the stadium and having a pre or post match pint with Stags fans?

Sounds good to me.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:17 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:I will always stand by this and say that I will probably always enjoy the Championship, League 1 and League 2 more than the Prem, champions League etc.

Haven't watched MOTD in years but always watch EFL highlights.

Same here. Every season I all but give up on the top level. The only reason I pay any notice at all is because my lad is interested in it and he likes to talk about new signings etc.

I’m alway looking at leagues 1 and 2. The combination of EFL on Quest, D3 D4 podcast and IFollow gives me everything i need
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:48 pm

Grimsby fan1984 wrote:I feel like in general people are becoming more and more passionate about supporting their local team rather than going to soulless higher level games or watching on TV, increased attendances reflect that to an extent.I loved going to new grounds in the national league (not that i want us to go back) and looking forward to games next season against 'proper' clubs give me that every week rather than a soulless stadium watching overpaid players knock it sidewards for 15 minutes at a time.

Good post Grim
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:22 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:

Give him as much as you want, he never comes on here.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:08 am

Amazing support, could be on to break 4K at this rate.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:09 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Season ticket pricing (update: over 3600 sold so far)

Postby adamstag » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:22 am

Where’s everyone coming from. :lol:

Basically for most local away games if you’ve not got a ST you aren’t going :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:26 am

With a week left of the early bird offer and monthly pay days for most coming up, we should tip 4k, which is just amazing. A few stellar signings this week and it could be a season to remember.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:36 am

I just hope I don't get someone ghastly sitting next to me. :lol:

I picked my regular seat a decade ago to try to maintain some splendid isolation.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:18 pm

Sneag wrote:I just hope I don't get someone ghastly sitting next to me. :lol:

I picked my regular seat a decade ago to try to maintain some splendid isolation.

You can guarantee it'll be someone weighing 20 st and will have you clinging to the edge of your seat because the need 1.5 seat to sit on. They'll probably have BO too :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:20 pm

Spiritater wrote:

You can guarantee it'll be someone weighing 20 st and will have you clinging to the edge of your seat because the need 1.5 seat to sit on. They'll probably have BO too :lol:

Sadly i have that problem with who sits next to me.

And they’ve renewed :lol: :shock:

Back to the tickets, it’s amazing what happens when you provide decent prices for kids/families - bravo to the club.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:23 pm

adamstag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Sadly i have that problem with who sits next to me.

And they’ve renewed :lol: :shock:

Let's hope they don't read Stagsnet, Adam from Manchester, could be an awkward first game :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:24 pm

Spiritater wrote:

TBF you just described me there 'tater :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum