{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Wembley - Singing Blocks (blocks 111/112)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Wembley - Singing Blocks

Postby Bradders » Thu May 19, 2022 3:43 pm

Rob wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Wembley could only happen in one life time, Last 4 in F-A cup, League cup, and Play Off finals.
A day when you can support your Favourite team, win or lose a memorable day you will always remember.
A fans dream, your team playing at the home of English Football.

This will be the third time I've been with the Stags :lol:

I've been twice with the Stags. Not sure that I can make it this time.
The match will be live on Sky, and the pessistic outlook for the economy, and peoples' tough budgeting decisions, will take a few thousand off the figure. Certainly there won't be many who can afford to stay overnight.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu May 19, 2022 4:19 pm

Rob wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Wembley could only happen in one life time, Last 4 in F-A cup, League cup, and Play Off finals.
A day when you can support your Favourite team, win or lose a memorable day you will always remember.

Me too. We’ve done well for a small town in Notts. Plus the millennium stadium. Not bad in the last 35 years. Lots of teams haven’t been.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu May 19, 2022 4:23 pm

Only 8 league teams haven’t played at the new Wembley stadium. One is there the day after us (Forest) and Port Vale might also break the duck. I think there’s only 3/4 teams that have never played at Wembley.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu May 19, 2022 4:31 pm

Was there a cost of living crisis going on last time we were there?

Gonna be tight for me to get £36 together to sit in the gods. Or up to £98 to sit near the pitch. Add on the £2.50 booking fee and £1.25 to be able to use my own ink and paper to print at home. Then there's travel and food.

There's a reason I've not been able to go to any away games this season. and it's not through not wanting to.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu May 19, 2022 4:33 pm

Bradders wrote:
Rob wrote:

The match will be live on Sky, and the pessistic outlook for the economy, and peoples' tough budgeting decisions, will take a few thousand off the figure. Certainly there won't be many who can afford to stay overnight.

Fingers crossed I hope you find a way to get there Bradders.

I've trawled hotels and as you say it's pretty expensive. Uxbridge is £129, but we'd need 2 rooms so £268, add £20 parking, tube ticket, match tickets, meals out then you're looking at well over £500.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Thu May 19, 2022 4:40 pm

Rob wrote:
Bradders wrote:
Rob wrote:

Fingers crossed I hope you find a way to get there Bradders.

I've trawled hotels and as you say it's pretty expensive. Uxbridge is £129, but we'd need 2 rooms so £268, add £20 parking, tube ticket, match tickets, meals out then you're looking at well over £500.

Get a coach if you’re able to, will be a much better atmosphere, and cheaper.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu May 19, 2022 4:55 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Was there a cost of living crisis going on last time we were there?

Gonna be tight for me to get £36 together to sit in the gods. Or up to £98 to sit near the pitch. Add on the £2.50 booking fee and £1.25 to be able to use my own ink and paper to print at home. Then there's travel and food.

There's a reason I've not been able to go to any away games this season. and it's not through not wanting to.

I think a few will struggle. People were taking the piss out of Man City for not selling out, but forget their fans are from Manchester, Not all over the country like United, Liverpool and Chelsea. The pricing structure also basically rules it out for most, imagine needing 3/4 tickets for your family and you only have £90 tickets left!

Ive just had a look, will be travelling down from Warrington Friday afternoon, staying in Hackney (lovely pub game on the marshes in the morning!) Then tube to Wembley, food and travel back on sunday as theres no trains back after 7:30, car parking at the station, and Ive spent £350 before even looking at tickets!!

15K will be incredible, but doesnt matter the noise we will make will be deafening. :coys:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu May 19, 2022 5:28 pm

I would add that I’m pretty sure the prices for Sunderland were different to the Forest prices. Is there a chance the Champ tickets are a higher price? Or maybe the prices I saw did/didn’t include a booking fee.

EDIT - they do seem to be different, unless I’m missing something.

https://safc.com/news/ticket-news/2022/may/play-off-final-ticket-information

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2022/may/18/play-off-final-ticket-details-confirmed/
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Thu May 19, 2022 5:33 pm

Champ tickets:

Adults

Young adults

Concessions

Category 1

£98

£73.50

£49

Category 2

£76

£57

£38

Category 3

£64

£48

£32

Category 4

£52

£39

£26

Category 5

£36

£27

£18

League 1 tickets:

Cat 1 - £80 Adults, £60 17-21, £40 Concessions
Cat 2 - £62 Adults, £46.50 17-21, £31 Concessions
Cat 3 - £56 Adults, £42 17-21, £28 Concessions
Cat 4 - £52 Adults, £39 17-21, £26 Concessions
Cat 5 - £40 Adults, £30 17-21, £20 Concessions
Cat 6 - £30 Adults, £22.50 17-21, £15 Concessions
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Thu May 19, 2022 10:18 pm

Singing sections 111/112
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri May 20, 2022 6:06 am

So pray tell us, exactly who are your favourite team.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Fri May 20, 2022 2:28 pm

Big yella wrote:

Derby County until they went into Director of Football and a Head coach in 2013 .
Clough had rescued the club from the brink of relegation and the club was now stable, with a good squad and a excellent academy. He refused Head Coach.
And was sacked, when results took a dip, and the rich owner took control and spent 200 plus millions to show poor ownership fails a football club.
I decided to see were Clough would go, Play offs, league cup semi finals against Spurs, F-A cup semi final against Premier league Hull City at Wembley.
Promotion to the Championship with Burton Albion, 2 years there on 3200 crowds, League cup Semi Final against Man City, and relegation back to league 1,
A big surprise Clough turning down the Forest Job, to stay at Burton, He never did chase the lime light or cash.
Favourite club Mansfield Town ,Good Owners, Good C-E-O Good Manager, Good Fans every thing you want in a Foot ball club.
What ever happens at Wembley that wont change.
Being a coach driver i have been to Wembley and the Millennium Stadium, with Derby County,, Leicester City, Grimsby Town, Lincoln City
Rich people using a Football club as a toy does not sit with me, Derby under Morris, Sheff Utd under McCabe,
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri May 20, 2022 3:11 pm

bear 73 wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Derby County until they went into Director of Football and a Head coach in 2013 .
Clough had rescued the club from the brink of relegation and the club was now stable, with a good squad and a excellent academy. He refused Head Coach.
And was sacked, when results took a dip, and the rich owner took control and spent 200 plus millions to show poor ownership fails a football club.
I decided to see were Clough would go, Play offs, league cup semi finals against Spurs, F-A cup semi final against Premier league Hull City at Wembley.
Promotion to the Championship with Burton Albion, 2 years there on 3200 crowds, League cup Semi Final against Man City, and relegation back to league 1,
A big surprise Clough turning down the Forest Job, to stay at Burton, He never did chase the lime light or cash.
Favourite club Mansfield Town ,Good Owners, Good C-E-O Good Manager, Good Fans every thing you want in a Foot ball club.
What ever happens at Wembley that wont change.
Being a coach driver i have been to Wembley and the Millennium Stadium, with Derby County,, Leicester City, Grimsby Town, Lincoln City
Rich people using a Football club as a toy does not sit with me, Derby under Morris, Sheff Utd under McCabe,

Sorry if the sarcasm didn't come over, out of all that I got Derby (so not Stags) blah blah blah. After that I don't really care, Ram 73.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Re: Wembley - Singing Blocks (blocks 111/112)

Postby bear 73 » Fri May 20, 2022 3:49 pm

big yella
Blah-Blah-Blah is not good English but never mind its football related to you
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Re: Wembley - Singing Blocks (blocks 111/112)

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue May 24, 2022 5:06 am

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum