{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Team for second leg

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Team for second leg

Postby gazza1988 » Wed May 18, 2022 6:10 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Johnny H wrote:Not one shout for Wallace to start.....Thankfully !!
I have a strange feeling though that he will

What's Wallace done wrong in the time he's been here? I think he's been good

Nothing. That's why he's not liked. He's done nothing to deserve criticism except for play for Clough before and is on loan from Burton.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Wed May 18, 2022 9:36 pm

part time pete wrote:I would like to see Hewitt in at right back .

Also think we need Perch in the side to give us that calm confidence.

So I would go with

Bishop
Hewitt, Perch, Hawkins McLaughlin
O’toole

Not a bad shout that Pete
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby julianshatnasty » Thu May 19, 2022 1:22 pm

He couldn't have picked a more perfect starting eleven last night. Absolutely nailed the team selection in my opinion.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sedgwick » Thu May 19, 2022 1:52 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Nothing. That's why he's not liked. He's done nothing to deserve criticism except for play for Clough before and is on loan from Burton.

Hes not on loan.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Thu May 19, 2022 2:28 pm

gazza1988 wrote:

He's on a contract with Mansfield until the end of the season, not on loan.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu May 19, 2022 3:33 pm

Wallace played really well. Very calm and assured bar one slightly late challenge :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu May 19, 2022 4:24 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Hes not on loan.

Same difference really. He was signed from Burton which is my point and frequently frowned upon on here, wouldn't you agree. Either way he would be contracted here until the end of the season. Whether loan or contract is irrelevant. He's out of contract at the end of the season
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu May 19, 2022 4:27 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Hes not on loan.

Same difference really. He was signed from Burton which is my point and frequently frowned upon on here, wouldn't you agree. Either way he would be contracted here until the end of the season. Whether loan or contract is irrelevant. He's out of contract at the end of the season

Someone really doesn't like being corrected :lol:

Wallace has done OK and was great last night bar the reckless challenge. However, he would not be in my first choice 11. I guess whether we keep him next season may boil down to how we do in the final.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu May 19, 2022 4:40 pm

Rob wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Hes not on loan.

Someone really doesn't like being corrected :lol:

Wallace has done OK and was great last night bar the reckless challenge. However, he would not be in my first choice 11. I guess whether we keep him next season may boil down to how we do in the final.

I'm happy enough to be corrected.

Had a argument with the missus over how much it'd cost to go so I'm a bit miffed,

Apologies Sedgwick, wasn't my intention to have a go.

To be fair I probably don't deserve to go. Been to 0 away games. Only weekend home games (I think I missed one dies to having covid before Christmas). Couldn't get to the play off home leg due to finances. I've watched every game though thanks to ifollow, paid. A bit into the club.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu May 19, 2022 4:46 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Hes not on loan.

Hes either on loan or hes not, and hes not on loan :lol:

Agree with you though that people hated on him straight away just because of Burton. Steady player who can get stuck in and is quite calm on the ball. Any player that manager has worked with before and trusts enough to sign is a solid addition :coys:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu May 19, 2022 4:58 pm

gazza1988 wrote:To be fair I probably don't deserve to go. Been to 0 away games. Only weekend home games (I think I missed one dies to having covid before Christmas). Couldn't get to the play off home leg due to finances. I've watched every game though thanks to ifollow, paid. A bit into the club.

On the contrary I think you deserve to go due to the service you’ve provided on here with your match updates. Plus you’re a fan thus deserve to go. People should chuck a few quid in for you that you have helped this season.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu May 19, 2022 5:03 pm

Dan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:To be fair I probably don't deserve to go. Been to 0 away games. Only weekend home games (I think I missed one dies to having covid before Christmas). Couldn't get to the play off home leg due to finances. I've watched every game though thanks to ifollow, paid. A bit into the club.

On the contrary I think you deserve to go due to the service you’ve provided on here with your match updates. Plus you’re a fan thus deserve to go. People should chuck a few quid in for you that you have helped this season.

If you go to one game, none or all of them you deserve to go. Circumstances change all the time, you're no less of a fan for lower attendance one year. Stags fans shouldn't miss this if they can help it

Wonder if the club will pay for some coaches too to help fans?
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu May 19, 2022 5:45 pm

Of course you deserve to go Gav. I'm sure SSA will price travel cheaply and our tickets won't be as high as League 1 or Champ. Get yourself there if you can.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Thu May 19, 2022 6:40 pm

Tactically perfect and executed to perfection

COYS!!
pemill
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum