{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Support

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Support

Postby Marky Mark » Mon May 16, 2022 9:04 am

I know it's been said many times across different threads this season, but the vocal support that's been given to the team this season has been incredible - I know it's been building for a few seasons but it's amazing this season. It gives me goosebumps just being in the middle of it, so god knows what it does for the players - it's really a pleasure to be part of it. Well done to everyone for helping to make supporting Mansfield a really good thing.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Re: Support

Postby georgefostersbeard » Mon May 16, 2022 9:14 am

Marky Mark wrote:I know it's been said many times across different threads this season, but the vocal support that's been given to the team this season has been incredible - I know it's been building for a few seasons but it's amazing this season. It gives me goosebumps just being in the middle of it, so god knows what it does for the players - it's really a pleasure to be part of it. Well done to everyone for helping to make supporting Mansfield a really good thing.

Quarry Lane has also become so much more vocal this season which is great. Long term I would love to have both end and spread the away fans thinly along the Bishop street side to maximum the impact of our fans and reduce theirs!
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Oladamber66 » Mon May 16, 2022 9:33 am

Its been a fantastic season our support vocally is as good as it gets ...I'm in the Quarry lane Its definitely getting more vocal dare i say it ....... just like the old North stand days ?
Oladamber66
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby WorthingStag » Mon May 16, 2022 11:08 am

The backing away from home is exceptional too. Highlights for me this season were Northampton, Rochdale, Bradford and Stevenage….the last 3 were important victories where I believed the vocal support was the “twelfth man” and the defeat at Sixfields was witnessed by a fantastic following that can hopefully be repeated on Wednesday
WorthingStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Mon May 16, 2022 11:41 am

WorthingStag wrote:The backing away from home is exceptional too. Highlights for me this season were Northampton, Rochdale, Bradford and Stevenage….the last 3 were important victories where I believed the vocal support was the “twelfth man” and the defeat at Sixfields was witnessed by a fantastic following that can hopefully be repeated on Wednesday

Not the defeat though eh ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Mon May 16, 2022 11:44 am

WorthingStag wrote:The backing away from home is exceptional too. Highlights for me this season were Northampton, Rochdale, Bradford and Stevenage….the last 3 were important victories where I believed the vocal support was the “twelfth man” and the defeat at Sixfields was witnessed by a fantastic following that can hopefully be repeated on Wednesday

Sunderland and Doncaster in the cup were great atmospheres too, especially Doncaster where it really pushed the team on.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Mon May 16, 2022 11:47 am

Speaking to Carlisle fan on Bank Holiday Monday after the game, the first comment was how amazing our fans were and how noisy it was
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Oladamber66 » Mon May 16, 2022 12:21 pm

For me it has to Doncaster away what a following simply superb it was sheer class on and off the pitch
Followed by Sunderland & Bradford ..proud to be part of it :coys:
Oladamber66
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amberheart » Mon May 16, 2022 12:43 pm

Oladamber66 wrote:For me it has to Doncaster away what a following simply superb it was sheer class on and off the pitch
Followed by Sunderland & Bradford ..proud to be part of it :coys:

Mine too , our supporters have been immense this season!! proud to be a stag !
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon May 16, 2022 1:10 pm

Everything i expected the players giving 100% and the fans supporting their efforts, and faith in the club and staff,
46 games played finishing 7th, and now the tension of the play offs.
Lets hope this is a start to better times, and we go again next year
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Mon May 16, 2022 1:24 pm

Been next level all season. Better than the Evans and Flitcroft years. Few times I've felt like lads would go mental in a "limbs for the sake of limbs" kind of way, but you can't knock it. UTS
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Mon May 16, 2022 8:37 pm

It's the best support I've known since I've followed the Stags I think. Some of the away days have been ridiculous. Doncaster, Scunthorpe, Bradford in particular.

I unfortunately missed Oldham due to Covid but the scenes at the end of that game looked special!

I sit in the QLE and it's decent in there but the Q block lads are incredible. They just don't stop getting behind the team. I've been to tonnes of away games and I've never known a group of home fans be so vocal throughout the game like the Q block are.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby jeevesthestag » Mon May 16, 2022 9:42 pm

You can't under-estimate how the incredible support has spurred the players on this season. Our support has historically been very negative (moans and groans 'get him off' etc). In the 40 years I've supported the Stags, I've always thought our support has held us back, making the players nervous. Maybe that is still going on a bit now but it is totally drowned out by the drum and amazing singing. We have the best support in League 2.
jeevesthestag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ParisStag » Mon May 16, 2022 10:09 pm

It's the best I've known it in 31 years of going. Doncaster, Sunderland, Bradford, Scunthorpe were all great, but those who've been to all away games will know tell of how it's been brilliant all season. Home atmospheres have been superb too.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue May 17, 2022 2:14 pm

I think the reason is that the extra fans seem to be so young and so positive which all bodes well for the future.

All the moaners seem to be of an elderly age which you can understand after all the failures in years gone by.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum