{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cobblers scorefred sponsored by 'Three steps to Heaven'.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Cobblers scorefred sponsored by 'Three steps to Heaven'.

Postby bear 73 » Mon May 16, 2022 10:28 am

[quote="Ethers1979"]Stags win 2/1 in the play off first leg and have a proven manager, probably the best they’ve had in years, yet he’s being constantly criticised. Baffling[/quote
One loss in 15 home games, records broken, crowds increase, season tickets sales up. fans in the ground brilliant. a
roller coaster of emotions , good F-A cup run, reaching the play off
Stay calm defend the club state facts and take social media with a pinch of salt,
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon May 16, 2022 10:35 am

Johnny H wrote:Pep and Klopp are superb managers but it doesnt stop them from being rightly criticised on their stubborness or mistakes

And anyone that says NC is not stubborn is biased !!!

Brilliant finding their mistakes , how lucky are they to manage Man City, and Liverpool two of the worlds top clubs.
We must find these people who know better, perhaps on social media thats were the bright sparks are
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon May 16, 2022 11:01 am

scotsstag wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Relieved we got the win but still only half time with a long rest, I though in the second half we saw Northampton at their best.
While we had skill in midfield the sheer physical presence they had we found hard to compete with.
Longstaff, Murphy, Stirk, Quinn injured, Maris committed a few fouls got booked so had to be careful.
Their root one style and humping balls into the penalty area, by passed midfield on many a occasion.
I feel for the second leg we need to match them in height and physical presence and this is where our bench comes in.
Bishop, Hewitt, Rawson, Hawkins, Maclaughlin , defensive Midfield O"Toole then Akins, Maris, Clark e Bowery Oates.
Bishop 4-1-4-1 thats 7 over six ft, with Akins Bowery Oates our attacking force.
With 7 over six ft we would be a threat from set pieces.
I am hoping Akins and Bowery on our flanks will cut down crosses from them.
Oh to be a Manager, Well done lads on winning the home leg.

Only one trying to shoehorn Akins into the side again..
On performances since arrival HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!?

Shoehorn, HE IS GOOD ENOUGH ask a man who knows he signed him on a two and a half year contract.
Look at his portfolio , played at a lot higher level
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon May 16, 2022 11:18 am

m1cksut wrote:
scotsstag wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Relieved we got the win but still only half time with a long rest, I though in the second half we saw Northampton at their best.
While we had skill in midfield the sheer physical presence they had we found hard to compete with.
Longstaff, Murphy, Stirk, Quinn injured, Maris committed a few fouls got booked so had to be careful.
Their root one style and humping balls into the penalty area, by passed midfield on many a occasion.
I feel for the second leg we need to match them in height and physical presence and this is where our bench comes in.
Bishop, Hewitt, Rawson, Hawkins, Maclaughlin , defensive Midfield O"Toole then Akins, Maris, Clark e Bowery Oates.
Bishop 4-1-4-1 thats 7 over six ft, with Akins Bowery Oates our attacking force.

dont forget, he is a NC fan, not a :mtfc: fan![/quote
Back to village mentality its the 2ist century we have aeroplanes now
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Mon May 16, 2022 11:51 am

bear 73 wrote:
scotsstag wrote:

Shoehorn, HE IS GOOD ENOUGH ask a man who knows he signed him on a two and a half year contract.

PLAYED is the decisive word.
But in his current state NOT GOOD ENOUGH...
Regarding the two and a half years, God help us.
Taking the rollerskates off and standing up would be a great start.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon May 16, 2022 12:32 pm

scotsstag wrote:
bear 73 wrote:
scotsstag wrote:

PLAYED is the decisive word.
But in his current state NOT GOOD ENOUGH...
Regarding the two and a half years, God help us.
Taking the rollerskates off and standing up would be a great start.

This is what people were saying about Bowery when he first joined. Hopefully Akins has a similar arc
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum