{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

This season

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

This season

Postby NEStag » Tue May 10, 2022 9:01 pm

Whatever happens it’s been an interesting and exciting season.

High points for me:

- winning at Sunderland and Doncaster away in the Cup
- the winning run in the league and breaking the home league record for consecutive wins
- the last minute winner at Oldham and the win at Bradford, both with great away support
- the bloke eventually fixing the net at Scunthorpe
- the great run and goal from Oates (I can’t remember the game)

Low points:

- conceding that penalty at Colchester right at the end that would have seen us on 3 straight wins and started the losing streak
- the losing/not winning streak
- the fracas and sending off at Newport that swung the game that we might have won
- the goals that weren’t at Swindon and Carlisle
NEStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: This season

Postby yorkstag » Tue May 10, 2022 9:26 pm

I’ve followed the Stags since 1966 and this season has been a ball. Really enjoyed it !

Ain’t finished yet - COYS
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue May 10, 2022 9:44 pm

a hugely enjoyable season, really exciting. And the backing of our crowd has been nothing short of magnificent.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby yorkstag » Tue May 10, 2022 9:51 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:a hugely enjoyable season, really exciting. And the backing of our crowd has been nothing short of magnificent.

I agree Martin - home and away
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Wed May 11, 2022 6:18 am

NEStag wrote:Whatever happens it’s been an interesting and exciting season.

High points for me:

- the winning run in the league and breaking the home league record for consecutive wins
- the last minute winner at Oldham and the win at Bradford, both with great away support

Low points:

- conceding that penalty at Colchester right at the end that would have seen us on 3 straight wins and started the losing streak
- the fracas and sending off at Newport that swung the game that we might have won

It was Colchester at home. A moment so incredible that for Valentine's day, I gave Mrs GFB a mug with a photo of him shooting on one side and on the other Dean's commentary
Two keepers wouldn't have saved that. Stagnificent!

She uses it every day :lol:
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Boza Stag » Wed May 11, 2022 7:37 am

yorkstag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:a hugely enjoyable season, really exciting. And the backing of our crowd has been nothing short of magnificent.

I second that ... onwards & upwards :mtfc:
Boza Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby robeyre » Wed May 11, 2022 7:42 am

yorkstag wrote:I’ve followed the Stags since 1966 and this season has been a ball. Really enjoyed it !

Ain’t finished yet - COYS

I'll second that.
Also agree that fans have been grwat this year.vso posative and great to see younger fans back at the Mill.
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed May 11, 2022 8:07 am

yorkstag wrote:

Totally agree. Loved a large part of this season. Such a pity we had the bad spell otherwise we’d already be promoted, but I suppose every team could say the same.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Wed May 11, 2022 8:16 am

Low point is the use of social media and this forum to be abusive about owners, manager and players. OK there were poor days / performances but no need to go all out abusive.
High point where we are in the league, at the start of the season we are always optimistic but often by Christmas this is dented slightly. The roller coaster of being a Stags fan, since 1961.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed May 11, 2022 11:09 am

It’s been the best of times this season ! no matter what we are all stags aren’t we !
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Wed May 11, 2022 11:25 am

stag861 wrote:Low point is the use of social media and this forum to be abusive about owners, manager and players. OK there were poor days / performances but no need to go all out abusive.
High point where we are in the league, at the start of the season we are always optimistic but often by Christmas this is dented slightly. The roller coaster of being a Stags fan, since 1961.

The Manager Staff and Players all say the fans supporting them through the hard times when they could not buy a win, and understood injuries and suspensions were having a affect.
This is what they remember about this season, and the support at Matches home and away has been superb.
To say a low point is social media not so, it is the norm
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Wed May 11, 2022 12:05 pm

I've been going since the 70's and I struggle to remember a season where the club, the fans and the players have been so united.
It's a pleasure to go to a game, I personally wake up and clock watch wishing it was beer & football time.

In addition to all the above points a high for me is Q-block and particularly the drummer, they've been immense, they've raised the stakes in terms of atmosphere.

Wouldn't it be the icing on the cake to get promoted

:coys: :coys: :coys: :coys:
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed May 11, 2022 1:21 pm

It's been most enjoyable.

I wonder if the 18 month enforced exile did us all a bit of good?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sweden Stag » Wed May 11, 2022 6:29 pm

Low points: some officials, especially Colchester, Swindon, Carlisle away (also the non-sending off of a Salford player recently, game watched by me) and the 12-match run without a victory which was started by poor officiating at Colchester, being in the bottom two in October

High points: Sunderland FA Cup game, the FA Cup run, eight straight EFL victories, eleven consecutive home victories (both new records) and in the end reaching the playoffs. 14 games unbeaten as well
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby NEStag » Wed May 11, 2022 6:42 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:

High points for me:

Low points:

It was Colchester at home. A moment so incredible that for Valentine's day, I gave Mrs GFB a mug with a photo of him shooting on one side and on the other Dean's commentary

Who said romance is dead.
NEStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby georgefostersbeard » Wed May 11, 2022 7:08 pm

NEStag wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:

High points for me:

Low points:

Who said romance is dead.

:D I'm Love's young dream
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum