{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Martin Shaw

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Martin Shaw

Postby oldweststander » Sun May 08, 2022 8:58 am

Good to shake your hand on Saturday and to thank you for all your ifollow work over the last two seasons, you have been a godsend to those of us who had to stay away until now.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Re: Martin Shaw

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun May 08, 2022 9:03 am

thanks for coming over for a chat, nice to meet you.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Sun May 08, 2022 12:46 pm

Totally agree. Well said!
Sue
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Big yella » Sun May 08, 2022 1:55 pm

oldweststander wrote:Good to shake your hand on Saturday and to thank you for all your ifollow work over the last two seasons, you have been a godsend to those of us who had to stay away until now.

So you missed all season because you didn’t want to be to close to people because of covid, then decided to come back for a sell out crowd. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Sun May 08, 2022 2:10 pm

Big yella wrote:
oldweststander wrote:Good to shake your hand on Saturday and to thank you for all your ifollow work over the last two seasons, you have been a godsend to those of us who had to stay away until now.

So you missed all season because you didn’t want to be to close to people because of covid, then decided to come back for a sell out crowd. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe it was a big deal for oldwestander to come back yesterday, people have all readjusted to living with Covid at different speeds and with differing levels of comfort. Reading some of oldwestander’s other posts it is obviously he’s has been cautious about retuning to Field Mill. If yesterday was his first game back then fair play to him for overcoming the anxiety surrounding that and I’d just like to say welcome home to him and thanks again to Martin and Dean for their brilliant commentaries.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Postby Mansf1eld » Sun May 08, 2022 2:44 pm

Big yella wrote:

Shaking hands aswell, I hope he sanitised :lol:
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun May 15, 2022 8:16 am

Well done to Martin and Moderators for another good season and hope we can get the success our owners deserve :D

Fantastic videos as always and waiting for Martin to spot another talent like CJ Hamilton ;)

:clap: :clap: :clap:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun May 15, 2022 8:24 am

thank you.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby oldweststander » Sun May 15, 2022 10:53 am

Big yella wrote:

Season ticket matey, don't judge me, my choice not to transmit Covid to my family.

Put more money in the Stag's coffers this season than you earn in a month so get off your high horse, clown.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun May 15, 2022 10:54 am

Showaddywaddy wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Maybe it was a big deal for oldwestander to come back yesterday, people have all readjusted to living with Covid at different speeds and with differing levels of comfort. Reading some of oldwestander’s other posts it is obviously he’s has been cautious about retuning to Field Mill. If yesterday was his first game back then fair play to him for overcoming the anxiety surrounding that and I’d just like to say welcome home to him and thanks again to Martin and Dean for their brilliant commentaries.

Thank you.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Tue May 17, 2022 12:31 pm

oldweststander wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Season ticket matey, don't judge me, my choice not to transmit Covid to my family.

Put more money in the Stag's coffers this season than you earn in a month so get off your high horse, clown.

Season ticket as well matey, so I doubt it, get off your own high horse pious two hat.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue May 17, 2022 12:43 pm

Big yella wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Season ticket as well matey, so I doubt it, get off your own high horse pious two hat.

Oh dear, resorting to insults need I say more other than grow up.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby skeglad » Tue May 17, 2022 2:25 pm

oldweststander wrote:
Big yella wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Oh dear, resorting to insults need I say more other than grow up.

Just playing devils advocate here but wasnt it you who started the name calling..?
There Their They're
skeglad
First Team
First Team

Postby oldweststander » Tue May 17, 2022 3:37 pm

Not sure stating someone to be a clown is actually name calling but hey ho.

Calling me a two hat wouldn't cause offence had he not meant a deeply insulting word.

All I wanted to do was publicly thank Martin for his ifollow work, I did it but Big Yella had to try and be a smart and failed.

So who cares, not I.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue May 17, 2022 4:04 pm

oldweststander wrote:Not sure stating someone to be a clown is actually name calling but hey ho.

Calling me a two hat wouldn't cause offence had he not meant a deeply insulting word.

All I wanted to do was publicly thank Martin for his ifollow work, I did it but Big Yella had to try and be a smart and failed.

So who cares, not I.

So, if you don't care why the response above??????
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby julianshatnasty » Tue May 17, 2022 4:26 pm

I think the phrase is 'That escalated quickly...'
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bear 73 » Tue May 17, 2022 4:51 pm

oldweststander wrote:Not sure stating someone to be a clown is actually name calling but hey ho.

So who cares, not I.

Im so sorry that a simple thank you to Martin turned into a wise crack, i hope all those including your self are safe and remain so.
This type of comment is normal for some on here.
But like you i thank Martin, for his brilliant reporting on all things Stags related, and all the people who bring us stag related News
For those who listen to Radio Mansfield and Craig Priest and his pod cast gang.
A Big thank you Martin and Deano
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue May 17, 2022 4:52 pm

oldweststander wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Prove it.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue May 17, 2022 7:11 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:

So who cares, not I.[/quote

So, if you don't care why the response above??????

Just putting people in the picture.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue May 17, 2022 7:17 pm

& there was me thinking i would miss owd Gripper, lol Stagsnet ya gotta love it
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bux46 » Tue May 17, 2022 7:20 pm

Thanks for reminding me why I come on here once a week instead of every day as I used to ... Like you Weststander I would like to thank Martin and Dean for all their hard work and all the miles they must have travelled ...
bux46
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Tue May 17, 2022 9:20 pm

Showaddywaddy wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Good post Showaddywaddy. :clap:
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Steve North » Wed May 18, 2022 7:20 am

It’s a shame that such a positive thread and message can so quickly descend into conflict. No need for it really.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby WorthingStag » Thu May 19, 2022 2:08 am

Steve North wrote:It’s a shame that such a positive thread and message can so quickly descend into conflict. No need for it really.

You’re right Steve, an opportunity to thank Martin kinda sidetracked…
Thanks for all you do Martin :mtfc:

Que Sera Sera
WorthingStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MOTG » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:53 am

Thankyou for all your hard work Martin over the past season. Dean likewise. Much appreciated.
Your match reports are unbiased and basically just as I saw the games . Looking forward to Next season. Keep us Staggies updated with any signings or potentials.
Enjoy the Close Season . COYS
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum