{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

That Gate

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

That Gate

Postby Paulstag » Sun May 08, 2022 8:19 am

Why the hell was the gate closed after the game yesterday??

It was quite obvious there was no bad blood between the 2 sets of fans and they were also still in the ground celebrating.
Steward told me that it is the clubs decision to close the gate and not the police.
Paulstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: That Gate

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun May 08, 2022 8:23 am

Someone had told me that there had been some trouble in town before the game?

Maybe that was a reason?
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun May 08, 2022 1:21 pm

I saw some hot head wanting to have a go swearing and having a go, luckily a strong steward stopped him running onto the pitch and told him calm down or you will be banned for life.
Most where singing clapping happy we had made the play offs, and understood The F-G-R celebrating.
Hating some one you have never met, because they support their team , Away fans are vital to the Atmosphere and respected for their love of the game.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon May 09, 2022 11:33 pm

It was lovely afterwards when the stewards brought a load of FGR fans down the back of the west stand. Still loads of Stags fans outside drinking all started clapping them as they came past. FGR fans responded by clapping back and wishing us well in the play offs. That’s how football should always be.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue May 10, 2022 4:19 am

I didn't clap em.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Tue May 10, 2022 6:20 am

Dan wrote:It was lovely afterwards when the stewards brought a load of FGR fans down the back of the west stand. Still loads of Stags fans outside drinking all started clapping them as they came past. FGR fans responded by clapping back and wishing us well in the play offs. That’s how football should always be.

Brilliant! Just shows that it can be done. If only the tribalism could be permanently limited to sporting rivalry, we'd all be winners and football grounds would be transformed.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Boza Stag » Tue May 10, 2022 6:21 am

Spiritater wrote:I didn't clap em.

Its called sportsmanship .... would have understood if it was Chesterfield !
Boza Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby pemill » Tue May 10, 2022 9:01 am

Spiritater wrote:I didn't clap em.

Whoopy doo :roll:
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed May 11, 2022 7:29 am

We'd got the necessary, if we hadn't I doubt there'd been much applause as they came by. The atmosphere would've been a tad different, dare I say toxic. So no I didn't clap them. Our job's not finished yet.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed May 11, 2022 7:53 am

Spiritater wrote:We'd got the necessary, if we hadn't I doubt there'd been much applause as they came by. The atmosphere would've been a tad different, dare I say toxic. So no I didn't clap them. Our job's not finished yet.

I think you're right there 'tater, if we had lost & finished 8th their celebratory pitch invasion wouldn't have been applauded that's for sure.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Wed May 11, 2022 3:21 pm

Sneag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:We'd got the necessary, if we hadn't I doubt there'd been much applause as they came by. The atmosphere would've been a tad different, dare I say toxic. So no I didn't clap them. Our job's not finished yet.

I think you're right there 'tater, if we had lost & finished 8th their celebratory pitch invasion wouldn't have been applauded that's for sure.

There would have been a minority who would have been hostile but Forest Green and Exeter were the best teams across the whole season. Our matches against them were good adverts for League 2 and if Lapslie hadn’t been sent off then we could have had a decent set of results.
I think most would still have applauded them at the end. We have moved on (unlike the Gas fans) and are now in the 21st century.
Likewise, if we had finished 8th, our fans would have continued their unconditional support for the team and given the Stags players a warm send off. As long as they put the effort in then that will continue.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Wed May 11, 2022 4:04 pm

halifaxstag wrote:
Sneag wrote:

There would have been a minority who would have been hostile but Forest Green and Exeter were the best teams across the whole season. Our matches against them were good adverts for League 2 and if Lapslie hadn’t been sent off then we could have had a decent set of results.
I think most would still have applauded them at the end. We have moved on (unlike the Gas fans) and are now in the 21st century.
Likewise, if we had finished 8th, our fans would have continued their unconditional support for the team and given the Stags players a warm send off. As long as they put the effort in then that will continue.

Ah yes, I remember how well we demonstrated our 21st century sensibilities in congratulating the MK Dongs fans who ran on the pitch.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed May 11, 2022 4:33 pm

Sneag wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Ah yes, I remember how well we demonstrated our 21st century sensibilities in congratulating the MK Dongs fans who ran on the pitch.

Violence is never the answer but FGR didn't run over to our fans and antagonise them though. It's not right what happened at MK but when some 15 year olds run over and are trying to instigate a fight and then get clobbered its sort of their own fault.

Police and Stewards should have been more prepared :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed May 11, 2022 4:35 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Sneag wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Violence is never the answer but FGR didn't run over to our fans and antagonise them though. It's not right what happened at MK but when some 15 year olds run over and are trying to instigate a fight and then get clobbered its sort of their own fault.

Police and Stewards should have been more prepared :lol:

TVP are useless
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed May 11, 2022 4:39 pm

Only someone that lives in Milton Keynes would know that
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager