{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bonus Revenue

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bonus Revenue

Postby MansfieldMick » Sun May 08, 2022 3:38 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:It would be nice to have a four sided ground Rob but I'm not sure about the atmosphere point because we would not fill four sides at the moment. You also risk losing fans in the West/IG Stand and Quarry Lane and spreading them more thinly around the ground. A very full West/IG Stand is an intimidating stand as many opposition managers have admitted.

The main use for the Bishop Street would be to stick more away fans in there when we play the big clubs or home fans if we have sold out West/IG and Quarry Lane. It then becomes a money earner and starts to pay for any rebuild.

Or like yesterday, put the small away following in there and release 1700+ tickets for the home fans generating income that in the long run would pay for the redevelopment.
Last edited by MansfieldMick on Sun May 08, 2022 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MansfieldMick » Sun May 08, 2022 3:44 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Bishop street how many clubs have a 3 sided ground, Seats, Safe standing, not needed.
Just build a stand standing only for away supporters, make the North Stand a home end.
Their is ail ready 3 fully seated stands, standing only for the away fans this takes us into 4 seasons of Championship football.
As stated their are many improvements to be made Catering, Club Shop, Fan zone, Parking, Tickets, .
A fine line between players, and infrastructure, But the latter is for life, players a brief spell.
Both can be achieved .

Love the idea of throwing the away fans in the east stand. On a sunny day they struggle to see anything. Agreed. No roof so it pee’s it down on them too :lol:

Like FGR did to us?
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stag95 » Sun May 08, 2022 4:07 pm

Marky Mark wrote:
Stag95 wrote:We really should be renting out a big screen for the away game, it’s 23 degrees that day as well. The Swan do it for England games and it rakes it in, imagine the atmosphere of 1000+ staggies who can’t make it/ get tickets for Northampton. Is there anyone I can email at the club to suggest this??

I don’t think it can be done due to it already being on Sky

That doesn’t make a difference does it? They’re already showing it at the Sandy Pate, why not outside on a bigger screen.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sun May 08, 2022 4:27 pm

All round facilities at One Call are woeful..Not enough toilet areas,poor catering facilities, and cramped entry and exit areas. Whatever division we are in next season, we have got to be looking at bringing in ,large scale ground improvements,even if they are spread over several years
The ground barely gets by now in league 2, imagine the problems if we were 2 divisions higher.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun May 08, 2022 4:37 pm

Marky Mark wrote:
Stag95 wrote:We really should be renting out a big screen for the away game, it’s 23 degrees that day as well. The Swan do it for England games and it rakes it in, imagine the atmosphere of 1000+ staggies who can’t make it/ get tickets for Northampton. Is there anyone I can email at the club to suggest this??

I don’t think it can be done due to it already being on Sky

I agree, I'm sure this would cost a prohibitive amount as the game is on Sky, even if it was allowed at all. Pubs have to pay a lot to show Sky games, and this would be a lot more.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby BigGuy » Sun May 08, 2022 6:47 pm

But we did it last time we played em in the play offs, was that on SKY?
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby S7AGS » Sun May 08, 2022 7:05 pm

BigGuy wrote:But we did it last time we played em in the play offs, was that on SKY?

Why would you want to be sat in the west stand watching on a screen when you could be in the pub together with access to beer and probably better atmosphere?
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Sun May 08, 2022 7:12 pm

BigGuy wrote:But we did it last time we played em in the play offs, was that on SKY?

The cowboy forgot to tell Sky and charged to watch big screen
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun May 08, 2022 8:07 pm

I know, and no it wasn't. Here's our list of TV appearances (which I need to update for this season)
https://www.stagsnet.net/vintage/stagsTVappearances.htm

On TV, it was highlights only, on Anglia TV. We had them in lockdown. And the second leg was highlights only, on Yorkshire and Anglia. Again we had them in lockdown.

The beamback of the 1st leg had commentary by Adam Summerton and Steve Hartshorn.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sneag » Mon May 09, 2022 7:43 am

If I did my sums right our average league attendance was higher than the 03/04 play off season.

That would be the highest since the late 1970s, would the club have budgetted for that? I doubt it.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Mon May 09, 2022 10:19 am

MansfieldMick wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:It would be nice to have a four sided ground Rob but I'm not sure about the atmosphere point because we would not fill four sides at the moment. You also risk losing fans in the West/IG Stand and Quarry Lane and spreading them more thinly around the ground. A very full West/IG Stand is an intimidating stand as many opposition managers have admitted.

The main use for the Bishop Street would be to stick more away fans in there when we play the big clubs or home fans if we have sold out West/IG and Quarry Lane. It then becomes a money earner and starts to pay for any rebuild.

Or like yesterday, put the small away following in there and release 1700+ tickets for the home fans generating income that in the long run would pay for the redevelopment.

How often do we sell out the home end, though?

I understand, and agree with the argument of large away followings. But then the counter argument is; is that additional 500 seats worth giving away teams another stand/advantage.

Having a renovated stand next season wouldn't determine if we stayed up or went down (if we did get promoted). I think it's sensible to have a year and see how we do, and with plans to renovate it next summer and get it right
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Mon May 09, 2022 11:16 am

mousemousemouse wrote:
MansfieldMick wrote:

How often do we sell out the home end, though?

I understand, and agree with the argument of large away followings. But then the counter argument is; is that additional 500 seats worth giving away teams another stand/advantage.

Having a renovated stand next season wouldn't determine if we stayed up or went down (if we did get promoted). I think it's sensible to have a year and see how we do, and with plans to renovate it next summer and get it right

Having a bigger capacity means you don't need to make games like Stevenage & Crawley.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Mon May 09, 2022 3:34 pm

Rob wrote:With two televised games plus a sell out home game to come I expect the play-offs will net the club circa 300k of unbudgeted, unexpected income, even if we don't get to Wembley. Its not my money before some smartarse says it, but I'd love it if the club would spend this windfall on the Bish, even if just to knock it down and flatten the area. Imagine how much better today's atmosphere would be in a proper 4 sided ground .....

I agree with you Rob but don’t think it will ever happen sadly
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Sun May 15, 2022 2:17 pm

Is there a bonus revenue for the club.

I thought after deducting all costs the surplus goes to the league not the club and similiar at Wembley. All L2 clubs get £472k from football league regardless of their position for the season along with £430k from the premier league. No financial benefit to the club of going through the playoffs
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby NEStag » Sun May 15, 2022 2:28 pm

For the semi finals I think all of the gate receipts (for all four clubs) are aggregated.

A 3 per cent levy payable to the league.

For what’s left the league then gets half and the clubs share the other half equally.

So we get roughly 12 per cent of the overall receipts.

I don’t think we get any extra TV revenue.

We’d presumably also make money from food and drink.

Not sure about the final at Wembley.
NEStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Sun May 15, 2022 3:21 pm

NEStag wrote:For the semi finals I think all of the gate receipts (for all four clubs) are aggregated.

A 3 per cent levy payable to the league.

For what’s left the league then gets half and the clubs share the other half equally.

So we get roughly 12 per cent of the overall receipts.

I don’t think we get any extra TV revenue.

We’d presumably also make money from food and drink.

Not sure about the final at Wembley.

I don't think any of that is right, where did you get that info?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby NEStag » Sun May 15, 2022 4:15 pm

The rules are here Rob:

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/ef ... he-league/

See section 10. These have been updated from the version I quoted above (which I now see is 2019/2020) but I think it’s pretty similar.

For the semi finals of the play offs the revenue (net of some expenses) for all the ties is aggregated and divided 50 per cent for the league and the balance between the four clubs in the semis. See 10.1.4 (E).

For the final the revenue split is 50 per cent to the league and the balance is shared equally between the two finalists. The finalists can however agree that the loser can keep more if they agree in advance.

(The three per cent levy seems to have disappeared since 2019/2020).
NEStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Sun May 15, 2022 4:30 pm

Ok thanks. There were 14k at Swindon so total for the two is around 22k. Total attendance should therefore be about 40k of which we get 12%, so in effect equivalent to a home gate of about 5k.

It's pretty crap that the EFL steals so much from clubs that have done well, clubs should keep the home gates as they do with other league games. Surely there must be TV income too though, I've never heard of a club being televised and not being paid for it ......
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby NEStag » Sun May 15, 2022 4:37 pm

My calculations were that we would get around 100k from the semis and over 200k for the final (if we get there) which is very similar to your 5k (x20 pounds) for the semis.
Last edited by NEStag on Sun May 15, 2022 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby NEStag » Sun May 15, 2022 4:39 pm

Rob wrote:Ok thanks. There were 14k at Swindon so total for the two is around 22k. Total attendance should therefore be about 40k of which we get 12%, so in effect equivalent to a home gate of about 5k.

It's pretty crap that the EFL steals so much from clubs that have done well, clubs should keep the home gates as they do with other league games. Surely there must be TV income too though, I've never heard of a club being televised and not being paid for it ......

I don’t think there’s TV revenue (for the clubs). I think I read that somewhere as well. I might be wrong on this though
NEStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Hon Sec » Sun May 15, 2022 4:42 pm

We must loose out on a lot of food revenue, only one kiosk open in Quarry Lane end yesterday.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stag95 » Sun May 15, 2022 5:46 pm

Hon Sec wrote:We must loose out on a lot of food revenue, only one kiosk open in Quarry Lane end yesterday.

And that takes 20+ minutes to get served at.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Mon May 16, 2022 10:03 am

Hon Sec wrote:We must loose out on a lot of food revenue, only one kiosk open in Quarry Lane end yesterday.

IGU had two open, got served in seconds for a change.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon May 16, 2022 10:07 am

Why no programme sellers these days?

Missing out financially.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon May 16, 2022 10:57 am

I assume you’d get paid for the 2 playoff games being on tv surely ?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum