{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tickets v Northampton Home & Away (away sold out)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Tickets v Northampton Home & Away (away sold out)

Postby Marky Mark » Wed May 11, 2022 9:53 am

I just got through on the phone, so it's worth keep trying that method if there's no queue and the website is sticking. They took details down to process later. Thanks for your help everyone.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed May 11, 2022 9:54 am

chris wilson wrote:Haven't made it past the checking availability page yet!

Me too , I’ve given up my mates gone down to get ours !
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Wed May 11, 2022 9:57 am

Yeah, I'm stuck at that point as well, they know there's an issue and they're dealing with it, or rather not.
If I lived local I'd be down there to get mine, but I dont :(
Just keep trying online and hope my brother can get down there later, can you buy more than one ticket at the office as my son wants to go as well as myself?
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Wed May 11, 2022 10:06 am

What an absolute and monumental pile of turd our ticketing system is. A total and utter clusterfck. Simply embarrassing.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Wed May 11, 2022 10:07 am

Anyone got any pics of queue, how long is it?
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby 1970Stag » Wed May 11, 2022 10:11 am

The problem is you have the ticket office staff updating the system at the same point we are trying to get in, and it doesn't work, should split it to online in the morning and ticket office in the afternoon, but I guess that is common sense?
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed May 11, 2022 10:12 am

1970Stag wrote:The problem is you have the ticket office staff updating the system at the same point we are trying to get in, and it doesn't work, should split it to online in the morning and ticket office in the afternoon, but I guess that is common sense?

Or just keep a whole bunch of tickets off the system and only for physical sale.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Wed May 11, 2022 10:15 am

S7AGS wrote:Anyone got any pics of queue, how long is it?

Friend just went down, said 20, served in 10 mins
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Wed May 11, 2022 10:17 am

I think the online system will have a finite capacity, which isn't built for so many people trying to access at one time, so the more people logging on the less chance that anyone gets through at all - there's nothing that the club will be able to do about that currently. The likely irony is that there will be hundreds trying to get through online and no-one getting through at all, but fewer trying to get through on the phone and actually getting through.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed May 11, 2022 10:18 am

Random Hero wrote:What an absolute and monumental pile of turd our ticketing system is. A total and utter clusterfck. Simply embarrassing.

I know it’s a big IF, but if we were to progress to the final I wonder if there’s any way we could outsource online ticket sales for a one off? Could Wembley facilitate online ticket sales perhaps? No idea if feasible.

I think the FA Trophy final tickets went on sale through Ticketmaster and you could select your seat. Would undoubtedly be better than the embarrassing system we currently have in place. Imagine 15,000 people trying to navigate their way through that system…

I highly doubt they’d even be able to re-work the current system so that it could allocate tickets for a different ground with a different seating plan. It wouldn’t be flexible enough to do that surely?
Alternative arrangements would have to be put in place.

I know it’s pre-emptive to be thinking about it when we have a 50/50 playoff tie to try and get through, but Sharpe and co. need to be looking at it and scoping out a solution that they can implement very quickly as there are only 7 working days between the semi and final.
Last edited by BH_Stag on Wed May 11, 2022 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Wed May 11, 2022 10:18 am

ParisStag wrote:
1970Stag wrote:The problem is you have the ticket office staff updating the system at the same point we are trying to get in, and it doesn't work, should split it to online in the morning and ticket office in the afternoon, but I guess that is common sense?

Or just keep a whole bunch of tickets off the system and only for physical sale.

That's common sense again, stop it! :lol:
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Wed May 11, 2022 10:28 am

Yep, leave an email at the ticket office like I did on Sunday, for away tickets on Monday, and get a call at 9.05pm on Monday night,when they'd all been sold!
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby BigGuy » Wed May 11, 2022 10:31 am

So how is leaving an email the day before tickets go on sale, give you more right to a ticket than someone who goes and queues up for hours on the day of release.

Don’t be so entitled.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Wed May 11, 2022 10:32 am

Progress I can see the picture of the stand to buy the tickets, but they're all sold out at the moment ;)
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed May 11, 2022 10:33 am

I could not get through at all on the phone yesterday. Tried for a couple of hours. I eventually gave up and drove over to Mansfield in the afternoon. There was no queue and two people selling tickets. I told them that nobody seemed to be answering the phone. They said that the ticket office staff were still processing all the orders that they took on Monday.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed May 11, 2022 10:34 am

BH_Stag wrote:
Random Hero wrote:What an absolute and monumental pile of turd our ticketing system is. A total and utter clusterfck. Simply embarrassing.

I know it’s a big IF, but if we were to progress to the final I wonder if there’s any way we could outsource online ticket sales for a one off? Could Wembley facilitate online ticket sales perhaps? No idea if feasible.

I think the FA Trophy final tickets went on sale through Ticketmaster and you could select your seat. Would undoubtedly be better than the embarrassing system we currently have in place. Imagine 15,000 people trying to navigate their way through that system…

I highly doubt they’d even be able to re-work the current system so that it could allocate tickets for a different ground with a different seating plan. It wouldn’t be flexible enough to do that surely?
Alternative arrangements would have to be put in place.

I know it’s pre-emptive to be thinking about it when we have a 50/50 playoff tie to try and get through, but Sharpe and co. need to be looking at it and scoping out a solution that they can implement very quickly as there are only 7 working days between the semi and final.

They would likely use something like ticketmaster for Wembley.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Wed May 11, 2022 10:40 am

And with 30-40,000 tickets available, we wont sell it out like we will this?
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Ad » Wed May 11, 2022 10:52 am

Finally got online to the part where I can see the stands but not able to select stand only number of seats....
Amber Ad
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby S7AGS » Wed May 11, 2022 10:55 am

Painful this is :roll:
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby Bucksstag » Wed May 11, 2022 10:56 am

I can see the stands now and select number of seats but then it crashes again before any checkout option
Bucksstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby 1970Stag » Wed May 11, 2022 11:08 am

Hopefully as no-one can get any at the moment, then it will work later today or tomorrow and people can get their tickets then, failing that, there's always the pub.
Good luck, my brother went down there in the rain, but only had to queue for 15 minutes.
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Wed May 11, 2022 11:10 am

1970Stag wrote:Hopefully as no-one can get any at the moment, then it will work later today or tomorrow and people can get their tickets then, failing that, there's always the pub.
Good luck, my brother went down there in the rain, but only had to queue for 15 minutes.
We will sell out but it might take a week or so. Will the EFL delay the game until the end of June ?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed May 11, 2022 11:11 am

Been trying for over 2 hours. Finally got to the bit where it showed how many seats were available all over the stadium, clicked on 2 tickets and next page, checking availability then crashed. Absolutely painful this is.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tosh » Wed May 11, 2022 11:17 am

Dan wrote:Been trying for over 2 hours. Finally got to the bit where it showed how many seats were available all over the stadium, clicked on 2 tickets and next page, checking availability then crashed. Absolutely painful this is.

Same here Dan,might say sod it and wait until im at work tonight
22/12/2002
Stay Free............
Tosh
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed May 11, 2022 11:33 am

absolute embarrassment, total tin pot

shocker who didn’t see this coming !!!

looks like a long drive ta mill for me now
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum