{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Sinclair joins Scunthorpe on loan for the rest of the season

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Sinclair joins Scunthorpe on loan for the rest of the se

Postby lifestags » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:09 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
lifestags wrote:Can we not compare Sinclair to the other lads? He’s better then them.

I'd say Law is better than Sinclair, from the performances I've seen anyway.

Are you on about our first teamers? Who is Sinclair better than?

I would say he’s better the Law yes, I like Law too! But there’s 3 years separating them, I also don’t think Law would be getting a loan in league 2.

Only my opinion of course
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:10 pm

lifestags wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
lifestags wrote:Can we not compare Sinclair to the other lads? He’s better then them.

I would say he’s better the Law yes, I like Law too! But there’s 3 years separating them, I also don’t think Law would be getting a loan in league 2.

of course not, hes doing well in our first team :? Ty is not.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:13 pm

lifestags wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

So the only player you think he's better than is Law?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:14 pm

garlic wrote:I said my piece on another thread, but this is just another example of our long term future being traded in for short term gain.

I really don't understand you at all... :lol:

Ty isn't doing well enough to be in our first team, is he? Be honest, no hes not done enough.

Hes one of our best, young promising lads who didnt look out of place last year. So whats best? Let him sit in the stands or go play regular football at our level?

This Is the complete opposite of short term gain, it'll benefit him and us long term. How on earth do you not see that?
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:16 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
lifestags wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

All the young lads he was being compared too.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:18 pm

There’s more space for Law in the systems we’ve used compared to Sinclair.

Sinclair has played 546 mins in all comps this season, one goal and one assist, both in the EFL Trophy.

Law has played 400 mins in all comps and has two assists, one in the league and one in the FA Cup.

Not much between them but Law has done in where it matters. Having said that, when everyone is available I don’t think Law makes the bench either.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:19 pm

lifestags wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
lifestags wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

All the young lads he was being compared too.

They’re all in the same boat though, not good enough for the first 11 and need first team football to help them develop. They’re just doing it at different levels.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:21 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:There’s more space for Law in the systems we’ve used compared to Sinclair.

Sinclair has played 546 mins in all comps this season, one goal and one assist, both in the EFL Trophy.

Law has played 400 mins in all comps and has two assists, one in the league and one in the FA Cup.

Not much between them but Law has done in where it matters. Having said that, when everyone is available I don’t think Law makes the bench either.

Just to add theres more than assists and goals, so I wouldn't say theres not much between them. In what they bring to overall gameplay Law is miles ahead imo
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:01 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I wish Tyrese all the luck in the world but fear that we’ve seen the last of him in a Stags shirt.

I’m pretty certain his contract is up in the summer and unless he does exceptionally well at Scunny I can’t see us renewing it. It is possible we may offer him a contract to get a fee for him (under 24) but I think he has missed too many sitters to be considered one of our main strikers.

Good luck Tyrese whatever the outcome.

I don't think so. As a young player on the fringe he just needs more experience, plus he's an attacking midfielder rather than an out and out striker. In any case, a lot of young strikers we've seen at Mansfield struggle to score all season, then a couple of years later are amongst the best at our level or even above. He has great talent, and there's a lot to his game apart from attempts on goal. If he has a good run at Scunthorpe we'd be mad to let him go.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:40 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:There’s more space for Law in the systems we’ve used compared to Sinclair.

Just to add theres more than assists and goals, so I wouldn't say theres not much between them. In what they bring to overall gameplay Law is miles ahead imo

True but when you’re an attacking midfielder/striker, your output is what you’ll be judged on.

I agree, for what it’s worth.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:45 pm

I genuinely think that heart over head is coming into play in a lot of these discussions. But what we should lose sight of is the fact that we have got upset about potentially releasing home grown players for a long time
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:46 pm

He’s also 3 years older then him and has probably been training with the first team since he was 16. This is sinclairs 2nd season as a pro footballer, I don’t wanna sound like I’m slating Law because I like him, but they will be leagues apart in 5 seasons time.

I guess we’ll see!
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFC Man » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:55 pm

Think people are forgetting he is more of an attacking midfielder/winger as said on the tweet announcing his loan. He has played as a striker for us so far this season and not started many, to start some games in attacking midfield or on the wing it could be a great loan move if he lives up to his potential and shows the quality he's got. However he does need to play to be able to perform and if he doesn't play then he should have been loaned out to someone in a lower league.
MTFC Man
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby georgefostersbeard » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:00 pm

lifestags wrote:He’s also 3 years older then him and has probably been training with the first team since he was 16. This is sinclairs 2nd season as a pro footballer, I don’t wanna sound like I’m slating Law because I like him, but they will be leagues apart in 5 seasons time.

I guess we’ll see!

You're falling into choose your favourite child territory :lol:
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:30 pm

garlic wrote:I said my piece on another thread, but this is just another example of our long term future being traded in for short term gain.

I like your posts usually but have noticed this is a recurring gripe of yours.

A couple of things, first of all if we picked Law, Clarke and Sinclair consistently over Maris, Hewitt and Bowery (for example) Nigel would have probably lost his job.

Secondly on the point of "sponging" from JR, there'll be an agreed budget at the start of the season and it's extremely rare, to the point of I've never known it happen, that NC asks to go over that.

He'll have generated close to 100k from the cup run and that will certainly have paid for JJ's extension, at least for the rest of this season.

We've got 10 (soon to be 12) young kids out on loan, if the other clubs are contributing on average £250 a week then that's Lucas' wages taken care of.

It will be as much about balancing the books as it is getting these young lads games, which WILL aid their development, either for us or for their next club and Nigel will have their future in mind, again here or eleswhere.

Thirdly I'd wager that Akins and JJ will contribute more than all 10-12 of those lads would have over the second half of the season.

It's admirable that you want them involved but it's a results based business short and long term and if NC blew the play off push just to play the kids with an eye on the long term, he may not be around to see that future himself.

He's played kids everywhere he's been, from 15 year old Mason Bennett to 16 year old Will Hughes and Mark O'Brien. If he's not playing them it's not because he doesn't believe in giving youth a chance, it's because he doesn't believe they are ready YET.

I have high hopes for Ty but it's fair to say he's not pulled up any trees this season. Hell, even speaking to his dad, he said he's in between, too good for the u23's but not good enough to nail down a regular starting spot.

Ty reminds me of Marcus Harness at Burton, all of the attributes to go on to have a successful football league career but not quite ready. Marcus went on loan to Port Vale, played 15-20 games and came back a better player. He then burst onto the scene again scored goals for fun from out wide and got a close to million pound move to Portsmouth.

Ty has the same potential, it's now up to him to grab it with both hands.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:34 pm

Good luck Ty
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:47 pm

This has to benefit all 3 parties, Ty needs minutes on the pitch in competitive games and he’s clearly not going to get them here at the moment.

I hope he sees a loan at another league club as a massive opportunity to improve, and not as some form of rejection/punishment.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:09 am

I think Sinclair's overrated , but thats my own opinion .
.. i dont think he's good enough to hold a first team place week in week out !
This move will either make or break him as a Mansfield player .
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:14 am

IMO Sinclair is far too lightweight to be part of our attack atm. Every time I see him I’m hoping he does well but seems to get bullied a bit. I honestly think he just needs bulking up slightly. It can be done. There’s an exciting player there for sure and the loan will do him and us good.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:27 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:IMO Sinclair is far too lightweight to be part of our attack atm. Every time I see him I’m hoping he does well but seems to get bullied a bit. I honestly think he just needs bulking up slightly. It can be done. There’s an exciting player there for sure and the loan will do him and us good.

I think that’s buy design to an extent. Pretty much every time he gets the ball he looks to initiate contact for a foul.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:59 am

It's a good move for him. We could send him into non league and he could tear it up. We don't need that for Ty, he's better than the u23s but not quite first team regular. He needs to challenge for 1st team spots in the league and at Scunthorpe he'd have a better chance. We've brought in Akins, that reduces Ty's chances.

I don't know what the situation is at Scunthorpe (player availability and ability wise) but with them struggling he will get more chances as managers rotate trying to find that team that will start getting results.

If Ty improves their fortunes then in Feb they have Sutton, Northampton and Swindon. All are within 3 points off us. If he can improve them and get results in those games it helps us out immensely. They also have port Vale at the end of January.

It's a good move for him and for us. I'm pleased we've not gone the easy route and sent him lower down.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:42 am

The difference between them is Law comes onto the pitch, is up to speed, and makes a difference, Sinclair
does not.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby georgefostersbeard » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:31 am

bigalstag1 wrote:The difference between them is Law comes onto the pitch, is up to speed, and makes a difference, Sinclair
does not.

Agreed but last season he did and, to my mind, there, is something missing. It could be lack of confidence or even over confidence. I really hope this loan, comes off as he could be special but he isn't at present
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:43 am

Hang on a minute folks, everyone is assuming Ty will walk straight into the Scunthorpe starting XI, we will see tonight.

If he gets enough game time he will become a better player, it's player development. We are challenging at the top of the league, thank goodness, it is not the time to experiment. Every game is important and Ty would not be currently starting.

Good deal all round in my view.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:54 pm

The lad has ability but he is way down the pecking order here.I have seen him play several times and imo he is not as good as he thinks he is.Only time will tell if he makes it as a full time professional and listens to the coaches.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum