{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Sinclair joins Scunthorpe on loan for the rest of the season

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Sinclair joins Scunthorpe on loan for the rest of the se

Postby kevin kents tasce » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:05 pm

Rob wrote:With so many youngsters on loan who is going to monitor their progress? Do the club just rely on local reports as surely they can't have enough staff to watch them all?

This is only a good loan for Tyrese if he plays, if he's benched he'd have been better off playing regularly in the Conference. Fingers crossed he gets plenty of game time.

It’ll be a combination of data analysis, video review and watching in person.

Obviously the lower the player plays, the less data and video are available
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:18 pm

Rob wrote:With so many youngsters on loan who is going to monitor their progress? Do the club just rely on local reports as surely they can't have enough staff to watch them all?

This is only a good loan for Tyrese if he plays, if he's benched he'd have been better off playing regularly in the Conference. Fingers crossed he gets plenty of game time.
I tend to agree Rob. Unlike the majority of views on here I don't think it is a good loan for the player or the club. I can't see him starting many games. He will also be playing in a struggling side. Solihull or Notts County would have been a smarter loan as he would be more likely starting games in a team not fearing relegation. I hope I'm wrong and he gets plenty of game time and does well.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:23 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

I tend to agree Rob. Unlike the majority of views on here I don't think it is a good loan for the player or the club. I can't see him starting many games. He will also be playing in a struggling side. Solihull or Notts County would have been a smarter loan as he would be more likely starting games in a team not fearing relegation. I hope I'm wrong and he gets plenty of game time and does well.

I think that it will all depend on game time and whether he shows the potential to change their fortunes. Sinclair playing like last season will be very special for them and will get good game time and learn a lot
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Cockney Stag » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:25 pm

If Sinclair plays well for Scunthorpe, he's out of contract in the summer, there's a real chance we could lose him?

Competition is already fierce, whether we go up or not he will likely be on the fringes.
Cockney Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:29 pm

Good luck to Tyrese, I think he’ll make an impact there.

At least we won’t have to hear that cringeworthy chant for the next few months :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:49 pm

Go and score some goals and get minutes. Such a good move for him if he can play every week
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:11 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Good luck to Tyrese, I think he’ll make an impact there.

At least we won’t have to hear that cringeworthy chant for the next few months :lol:

Which one would that be?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:28 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Which one would that be?

He ***** who he wants.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:36 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Which one would that be?

He ***** who he wants.

I must be out of the loop :lol: I thought it was going to be the 'hes one of our own' chant
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:20 pm

I said my piece on another thread, but this is just another example of our long term future being traded in for short term gain.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:28 pm

garlic wrote:I said my piece on another thread, but this is just another example of our long term future being traded in for short term gain.

What’s better for Tyrese, being sat on the bench/in the stands or going out on loan?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:30 pm

garlic wrote:I said my piece on another thread, but this is just another example of our long term future being traded in for short term gain.

I don’t quite understand how?

He isn’t going to get into the squad anytime soon with our form and push for promotion. It’s not to say there’s a good player there, but would you want him sat on the bench doing nothing?

Gives him game time (presuming he does get game time) and asses how he does

Regarding analysis of the loaned out players. Hardly like we have 50+ out on loan.

We also don’t need to see him every week. Many teams have match day recording for their own analysis, we’ll use that

Then, add in our scouts/Recruitment team going to see players too

(I could be wildly wrong though!)
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:34 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:

I don’t quite understand how?

He isn’t going to get into the squad anytime soon with our form and push for promotion. It’s not to say there’s a good player there, but would you want him sat on the bench doing nothing?

Gives him game time (presuming he does get game time) and asses how he does

Regarding analysis of the loaned out players. Hardly like we have 50+ out on loan.

We also don’t need to see him every week. Many teams have match day recording for their own analysis, we’ll use that

Then, add in our scouts/Recruitment team going to see players too

(I could be wildly wrong though!)

I can't see how him going out on loan is a bad thing at all, he needs more experience but realistically he isn't going to take anyone's starting place at the minute is he?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:35 pm

He has not been sold, he has been sent to another league club to get game time. That's really good business. He has now got a chance to earn a contract.

I cannot see anything in his performances this season to earn a place in the team therefore game time elsewhere is the only solution
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:36 pm

If he does well... its good for him and us, if he bags a few against promotion rivals.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:46 pm

Well looks like I disagree with the majority on here but in my opinion he should have been used a lot more earlier in the season and should now be linking up with Oates in the first team. Ty, together with Ward, Law and Clarke are the future for the club, we cannot keep dipping into JRs pocket and gettingh deeper and deeper into debt.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:49 pm

garlic wrote:Well looks like I disagree with the majority on here but in my opinion he should have been used a lot more earlier in the season and should now be linking up with Oates in the first team. Ty, together with Ward, Law and Clarke are the future for the club, we cannot keep dipping into JRs pocket and gettingh deeper and deeper into debt.

They couldn’t get into the team consistently when we were at rock bottom. They’re not going to be regular starters in a promotion push.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:52 pm

We wouldn’t be where we are if you played Ty, Clarke, Ward and Law every game.

Best thing for them is to get first team football at the level below and come back better players.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:52 pm

garlic wrote:Well looks like I disagree with the majority on here but in my opinion he should have been used a lot more earlier in the season and should now be linking up with Oates in the first team. Ty, together with Ward, Law and Clarke are the future for the club, we cannot keep dipping into JRs pocket and gettingh deeper and deeper into debt.

The thing is they are not quite good enough yet. Law might be and is probably our best home grown player but there's a reason Clarke and Ward have gone on loan to non league teams.

Just reminds me when Hymas was crying Zayn Hakeem wasn't getting enough first team action, he got a few games and was found out he wasn't good enough. I think some might come good, but who are you going to take out of the team to fit these players in?

And a comment on the debt bit, I would imagine we are more sustainable than we were under Evans and Flitcroft and we have reigned it back it seems with how many players we are signing and their wages.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:55 pm

Good luck Ty.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:55 pm

Can we not compare Sinclair to the other lads? He’s better then them.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:59 pm

lifestags wrote:Can we not compare Sinclair to the other lads? He’s better then them.

I'd say Law is better than Sinclair, from the performances I've seen anyway.

Are you on about our first teamers? Who is Sinclair better than?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:06 pm

lifestags wrote:Can we not compare Sinclair to the other lads? He’s better then them.

Based on what evidence?
8 games last season or the games this season?
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:07 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:

Based on what evidence?

In general, he’s a much better player and has more to his game. As I’ve said earlier, I think it’s harsh to judge him on his cameo’s this season.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:09 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:

Based on what evidence?

Due to his age and even if his contract is up I would think we have an option for another year?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum