{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Sinclair joins Scunthorpe on loan for the rest of the season

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Sinclair joins Scunthorpe on loan for the rest of the season

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:01 pm

post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Re: Sinclair joins Scunthorpe on loan for the rest of the se

Postby Cockney Stag » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:03 pm

Great move to a league club!

Hopefully he gets decent game time and we are able to renew his contract.
Cockney Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:07 pm

Good loan for him that!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:12 pm

A good move for him still in league football
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:19 pm

Really hope we have an option on his contract, just to get a fee if not anything else, He will do well there.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:20 pm

good move for him - he needs to take his chance on this one, which I'm confident he will.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby natfromboza » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:25 pm

Hopefully will make a big impact and play really well against our rivals.
natfromboza
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yellowstagsfan » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:33 pm

Good Luck Ty I’m sure you still have a big future at Stags
Go out and get some game time, experience and get stronger. Come back and claim a regular starting place, hopefully in League 1
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:48 pm

big loan this for Ty

go grab it young un
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:49 pm

They'll remember him. He scored against them last season.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:52 pm

Good luck Ty

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:56 pm

Great loan move for Tyrese Sinclair at League 2 level. I had my eye on going to Scunny tomorrow when they play Bristol Rovers. I'll probably have a ride over and cheer him on,
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:58 pm

I wish Tyrese all the luck in the world but fear that we’ve seen the last of him in a Stags shirt.

I’m pretty certain his contract is up in the summer and unless he does exceptionally well at Scunny I can’t see us renewing it. It is possible we may offer him a contract to get a fee for him (under 24) but I think he has missed too many sitters to be considered one of our main strikers.

Good luck Tyrese whatever the outcome.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:02 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I wish Tyrese all the luck in the world but fear that we’ve seen the last of him in a Stags shirt.

I’m pretty certain his contract is up in the summer and unless he does exceptionally well at Scunny I can’t see us renewing it. It is possible we may offer him a contract to get a fee for him (under 24) but I think he has missed too many sitters to be considered one of our main strikers.

Think you are right there
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:45 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I wish Tyrese all the luck in the world but fear that we’ve seen the last of him in a Stags shirt.

Got to say I disagree with that one. The lad is only 20 and Clough clearly has a lot of faith in him baring in mind how many games (albeit mostly substitute appearances) he’s played him.

You won’t find many players his age that is clinical. I think he’s very exciting on the ball, but yes he does need to work on his end product. That comes with experience and to get a loan move in the same league shows us there’s at least another manager at this level that also rates him.

I think we’d be very silly to let him go, probably the best young players we’ve had come through in years.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:50 pm

Good luck Tyrese.

It’s a good move to a league club who need to start winning games. If he can replicate the form he showed at the end of last season then this will be a cracking bit of business for Scunny.

What happens next is anyone’s guess. If we go up then he’ll probably move on in my opinion.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:50 pm

he’s not going to get any game time here, even from the bench though, plus if he asked NC for regular football he already said he would let any of the non starting 11 go out
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:51 pm

Stag95 wrote:

Got to say I disagree with that one. The lad is only 20 and Clough clearly has a lot of faith in him baring in mind how many games (albeit mostly substitute appearances) he’s played him.

You won’t find many players his age that is clinical. I think he’s very exciting on the ball, but yes he does need to work on his end product. That comes with experience and to get a loan move in the same league shows us there’s at least another manager at this level that also rates him.

I think we’d be very silly to let him go, probably the best young players we’ve had come through in years.

Agreed, he will make a club a lot of money one day, if he can get it all right, Hopefully its us.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:57 pm

Stag95 wrote:

I see what you are saying but he’s out of contract at the end of his loan period. If he’s done well, he may be offered another contract but if he’s been that good other clubs may also be interested. Hopefully we will be in league 1 so it would also be a step up again for him. He may be promising but he’s behind our current main strikers/midfielders and it would be a remarkable turnaround for him to leapfrog them. I still think he will probably be offered a contract but only to get a fee out of his new club as he’s under 24. Obviously that may not be the situation but Clough thinks he doesn’t need him this year so why should that change drastically in the summer?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:03 pm

Being really blunt, if you had only seen Sinclair play in the League matches this season then you would think that Scunthorpe were taking a hell of a risk. There is a decent player in there but no sign of a footballing brain at present. He has really gone backwards since last season when he looked like someone who could really be in the squad every week. This is a fantastic deal for everyone concerned and let's hope that he gives Clough something to really think about.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:22 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:Being really blunt, if you had only seen Sinclair play in the League matches this season then you would think that Scunthorpe were taking a hell of a risk. There is a decent player in there but no sign of a footballing brain at present. He has really gone backwards since last season when he looked like someone who could really be in the squad every week. This is a fantastic deal for everyone concerned and let's hope that he gives Clough something to really think about.

Agreed, last season I thought he looked like a player who one day would make Stags a lot of money, but he does seem to have lost his way.

Maybe playing regularly will help get him back on track.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:26 pm

Sneag wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:Being really blunt, if you had only seen Sinclair play in the League matches this season then you would think that Scunthorpe were taking a hell of a risk. There is a decent player in there but no sign of a footballing brain at present. He has really gone backwards since last season when he looked like someone who could really be in the squad every week. This is a fantastic deal for everyone concerned and let's hope that he gives Clough something to really think about.

Agreed, last season I thought he looked like a player who one day would make Stags a lot of money, but he does seem to have lost his way.

To be fair to him, his performances last season warranted more starts at the start of this season, he was unfortunate that NC was clearly going to bring in his own strikers.

This season he has barely been given a start and when he was been subbed on its been a lot of the time when we were winning and he was there to try and win fouls, he came on at Sutton and made a positive difference, he isn't a striker, at the moment I think he is a left winger and that will eventually play CAM.

I have no doubt that he will do well at Scunthorpe.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:33 pm

lifestags wrote:
Sneag wrote:

To be fair to him, his performances last season warranted more starts at the start of this season, he was unfortunate that NC was clearly going to bring in his own strikers.

This season he has barely been given a start and when he was been subbed on its been a lot of the time when we were winning and he was there to try and win fouls, he came on at Sutton and made a positive difference, he isn't a striker, at the moment I think he is a left winger and that will eventually play CAM.

I have no doubt that he will do well at Scunthorpe.

I really liked him as a player last season (not really seen him much this) but I suspect that if you give anything less than 100% in training with NC you won't play.

NC said something about Law a few weeks back, that he mentally took 3 months off at the start of the season, maybe Ty did the same?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:48 pm

I wonder whether Scunthorpe have someone who was involved with Blackburn at youth level in their backroom now - Tyrese is the 2nd ex Blackburn youth striker they've signed this week.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:58 pm

With so many youngsters on loan who is going to monitor their progress? Do the club just rely on local reports as surely they can't have enough staff to watch them all?

This is only a good loan for Tyrese if he plays, if he's benched he'd have been better off playing regularly in the Conference. Fingers crossed he gets plenty of game time.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum