{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Another new face for Saturday? Striker or utility man

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Another new face for Saturday? Striker or utility man

Postby stagsfan6493 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:52 am

lifestags wrote:I think he will stay in the Football League, he is too good for the conference.

I think 6 months in the conference would do his career wonders.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:29 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:
lifestags wrote:I think he will stay in the Football League, he is too good for the conference.

I think 6 months in the conference would do his career wonders.

Exactly. If he was that good he would be in our team
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:38 pm

maybe Pies ?, as long as it’s not the bin dippers from up the road i wish him well if he goes out
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:56 pm

I think Tyrese needs to play regularly and to do that in my view it would be Conference level.

To a degree I think he suffers a bit because he's reasonably versatile - is he a wide man, a central midfielder, a number 10 or one of a front two.

He can probably do all of the above but not sure where he's best - as a yardstick I don't think he would get into our side in any of those positions.

There is definitely a talented footballer in there waiting to get out but I don't think he's kicked on this year after a promising start - getting sent of at Orient for me was a turning point in his season.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:07 pm

Hes certainly not too good for that level. Its competitive and he would have to put in a real shift to get into a decent sides 11. Hes been ok in flashes but over 90 minutes its not enough.

He'd get in a side like oldham, but its no good when they're getting hammered every week. Agree with someone who said Solihull, they play alright football and have some good attacking players he would learn off.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:33 pm

This might sound a bit silly but I reckon he could end up at Donny.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:49 pm

lifestags wrote:This might sound a bit silly but I reckon he could end up at Donny.

His dad is involved at Donny and he had him at Radcliffe so not that silly.

He has potential and I thought he would get more games this year. I think he needs a loan until the end of the season, get a few games and then see if he’s up to it in preseason.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby scotsstag » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:56 pm

HU7stag wrote:
part time pete wrote:Sinclair doesn’t seem to have a football brain.

He might be quick but needs to improve his shooting.

Whereas Law has a proper football brain and can pick a pass even though he is not that quick.

A good example of slow but a had a quick football brain is Teddy Sheringham.

Or even slower but a great brain was Jan Molby.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:40 pm

Jimstag wrote:
lifestags wrote:This might sound a bit silly but I reckon he could end up at Donny.

His dad is involved at Donny and he had him at Radcliffe so not that silly.

He has potential and I thought he would get more games this year. I think he needs a loan until the end of the season, get a few games and then see if he’s up to it in preseason.

I reckon he may be out of contract in the summer..
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:03 pm

You're right it does sound silly...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby five to three » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:22 pm

He needs to go somewhere he'll have more time with the ball rather than chasing the ball.
five to three
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby georgefostersbeard » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:40 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

Hes certainly not too good for that level. Its competitive and he would have to put in a real shift to get into a decent sides 11. Hes been ok in flashes but over 90 minutes its not enough.

He'd get in a side like oldham, but its no good when they're getting hammered every week. Agree with someone who said Solihull, they play alright football and have some good attacking players he would learn off.

Agreed - he will also learn how to keep hold off the ball when tackled more agriculturally than he would be in our league. A short loan period may restart his career
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:45 pm

yorkstag wrote:I think Tyrese needs to play regularly and to do that in my view it would be Conference level.

To a degree I think he suffers a bit because he's reasonably versatile - is he a wide man, a central midfielder, a number 10 or one of a front two.

He can probably do all of the above but not sure where he's best - as a yardstick I don't think he would get into our side in any of those positions.

There is definitely a talented footballer in there waiting to get out but I don't think he's kicked on this year after a promising start - getting sent of at Orient for me was a turning point in his season.

Exactly how I see it. He hasn't taken his chances, albeit few and far between. I also don't know his best position. A loan spell where he plays every week would do him the world of good. A cracking little club like Alty would be perfect
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:49 pm

Rob wrote:
yorkstag wrote:I think Tyrese needs to play regularly and to do that in my view it would be Conference level.

Exactly how I see it. He hasn't taken his chances, albeit few and far between. I also don't know his best position. A loan spell where he plays every week would do him the world of good. A cracking little club like Alty would be perfect

His issue is, we dont play with wingers and NC doesn't trust him to play CAM (Proven by playing Jason Law there vs Hartlepool) and I dont think he is a striker, even though he finished the season so well, I have had a look back and a lot of his substitute appearances in the last couple of months have been when we are already in a winning position and we are having to hold on to a 1 goal lead, meaning he has been put on to help us manage games out but as a consequence of this means he has to try and win headers or hold a ball up, these are not his strong points (he isn't a striker)
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:54 pm

He doesn't trust him because he is currently not playing well enough to do so. His sub appearances have disappointing
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum