{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Kieran Wallace signed from Burton on a free transfer

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Kieran Wallace signed from Burton on a free transfer

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:51 am

julianshatnasty wrote:Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted with any signing from a higher level and look forward to some success finally etc etc etc but it's odd that Nigel's super scout, talent finding brother can only superly scout and talent find people he's previously superly scouted and talent found.

For me it comes down to 3 things:

1) the new signing is an improvement
2) they compliment the style of play
3) they have the right attitude

Get that right & you're 90% of the way there ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:58 am

Better the devil you know. Simple really.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:47 pm

the Kieran Wallace interview has not been written up anywhere, so I've written it up for the Latest News archive

--------------

Kieran Wallace told iFollow Stags:

"I'm very pleased to finally be here. A couple of hurdles along the way to overcome, but finally pleased to put pen to paper and be here.
"I came in a couple of weeks ago and had a bit of an issue with a sore knee ... from playing a few games at York.
"The load in my knee was quite high. I had a bit of swelling in my knee which the Mansfield physio wanted to make sure was right, which it is now.
"My season ... I'm coming back from an ACL. I returned to training in September. Returned to playing in November. I went on loan to York at the end of November.
"I was playing in the front of the back four, holding midfield, for York. I played six games there.
"I'm based in Nottingham so it's perfect for me location-wise.
"I've signed a six month contract. My aim is to work hard, try and get in the team, and earn a contract for next season.
"It's been a while since I played league football. I know the manager and he knows me. I want to kick on with my career after a tough year.
Nigel Clough has played Wallace at Sheffield United and Burton at "midfield, left back, centre back, they are the main ones. I'm happy to play anywhere. I think my atrributes suit playing in midfield the best.
"I try and keep it quite simple. Try and work as hard as I can. I'm not the quickest.
"I've not yet played in League Two. I can't imagine it being too different to League One. A little bit more physical.
"I'll be patient and work hard and hopefully my chance will come. That's one thing with the manager, you know that if you're working hard you'll get your chance."

----------------
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Cockney Stag » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:47 pm

He answers his questions very "matter of fact" :lol:
Cockney Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum