{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Carlisle Scorefred Sponsored by Momentum Is Key

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Carlisle Scorefred Sponsored by Momentum Is Key

Postby oldweststander » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:17 am

Hard fought win, we murdered them for the first 30 mins, then they stitched up Macca and we fell apart attacking wise. Spent 60 mins as second best but the players really dug in and must be shattered.

We've outplayed sides and lost many times in recent years so today I'm happy to take the reverse.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:42 am

Captain Cunno wrote:
adamstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:Hard fought win. Wind against us 2nd half.
.bishop is class.

Apart from when he made a hash of tipping the ball over the bar in the first half.

But he is class though.

Easily the best keeper we’ve had since we’ve got promoted back to the FL

The way he dealt with that last minute free kick with little fuss says it all for me.

Tremendous keeper.

All the team worked there socks off tonight and we've done brilliant to win with no strike force really..

Onto Saturday

I love the way he's always b*llocking the team, cracking keeper, would be nice to hang onto him.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:40 am

Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:17 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:Jamie Hewitt? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Are you Gazmoose in disguise? Are you Gazmoose in disguise? :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of my best mates called jamie hewitt, so somehow i called elliott jamie, god knows why, been doing it all season :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:47 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Hewitt heads off the line. He's got to be man of the match. Assist and some great goal saving tackles/headers.

It was the Carlisle sub, Fishburn, who headed the corner away!! He should have scored. It might even have gone in if he had ducked or missed it :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:53 pm

I know they came on strong second half and there everything they had at us but overall the better team won. More passes, crosses, tackles, possession, chances created, distance covered.

Tired legs and they saw the game out well. This "shambles of a squad" is doing the business. credit to the manager
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:11 pm

Got away with one last night, we weren't at the races, our passing was awful even in the lead up to the goal.
Too much passing for passing's sake most of the time and not enough getting it into the danger area when we had chance to.
Tired legs? maybe well into the second half but we started to invite them onto us not long after the goal, Carlisle will rightly feel unlucky that they didn't get anything out of the game but we've been there and know what it feels like.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:14 pm

Wow we got out of jail there the team was running on empty 2nd half, at the final whistle i screamed with joy, and then felt for Forrester getting injured again.
O"Toole got a silly booking and gave a free kick away in a dangerous area which stopped us breathing [ clough rollicking for that ] but overall he was immense .
Bowery again proved he is no centre forward and our midfield just ran and ran, Clough said Quinn had to be carried to his car.
Naming players who give their all , no need its on the team sheet,
Sharpie said give us time and we will build a team you can be proud off, Well im proud now i saw 100% effort thats all i ask.
Ten minutes to go i was screaming bring Nartey on move O"Toole to defensive midfield, my heart was in my mouth hang on lads.
A big 3 points
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:57 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::lol: Martin put the xmas trimmings up and cheer place up :lol:

:lol: Humbug

Did you not say bah humbug in case you sounded like a Spireite? :D :D

It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas :D
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:24 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Hewitt heads off the line. He's got to be man of the match. Assist and some great goal saving tackles/headers.

It was the Carlisle sub, Fishburn, who headed the corner away!! He should have scored. It might even have gone in if he had ducked or missed it :lol:

I've had to watch this about six times to work out what actually happened:

After 71 minutes, Dickenson curled a corner from the right into towards the goal, with wind assistance and it was headed off the line. I thought in real time that it was Hewitt who headed it away, but from the replay it looks like it was Morgan Feeney who headed it away from goal after Carlisle sub Sam Fishburn had flicked it on!
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:07 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:

I've had to watch this about six times to work out what actually happened:

After 71 minutes, Dickenson curled a corner from the right into towards the goal, with wind assistance and it was headed off the line. I thought in real time that it was Hewitt who headed it away, but from the replay it looks like it was Morgan Feeney who headed it away from goal after Carlisle sub Sam Fishburn had flicked it on!

All contributions towards a clean sheet are gratefully received :D :D
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum