{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FAC3: Middlesbrough at home, 12.15 kick-off

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: FAC3: Middlesbrough at home, 12.15 kick-off

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:32 pm

CJ looked quick enough in the highlights to me. Two bad missed but two on a plate for their top scorer Lavery who failed to convert.

He’d have to play up front if he came back here and Oates is doing the job CJ would do pretty well at the moment.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:14 am

I doubt CJ would put in a off the ball shift like Oates does. Oates worries opposition defenders when they have possession.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:16 am

Spiritater wrote:I doubt CJ would put in a off the ball shift like Oates does. Oates worries opposition defenders when they have possession.

No-one worked harder off the ball than CJ when he was here. He constantly made runs but wasn’t picked out by his teammates yet didn’t seem to tire. I thought his energy was as big an asset as his speed.

We have to remember that CJ has been out injured for some considerable time and hasn’t been getting any minutes on the pitch at all. You can’t expect him to be on top of his game as soon as he’s back and I fully expect him to push on and make a good contribution. I can’t see him moving in this window.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:00 am

Stoney wrote:
Bros wrote:How come this has turned into a thread about CJ

That's how conversations work... Does it matter? :lol:

:D
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum