{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Message from Doncaster Supporter Liaison Officer

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Message from Doncaster Supporter Liaison Officer

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:56 pm

Message from Doncaster Supporter Liaison Officer, posted on Facebook

Hello everyone

First, can I introduce myself I am the Supporter Liaison Officer (SLO) at Doncaster Rovers. I am here just to post a quick message and some information regarding your visit to the Keepmoat Stadium.

Below you will find our first-time fan / away fan video guide to the Keepmoat Stadium. In this video, you will find information on where to park and where to get a pre match drink and much more. If you can spare a few minutes it is well worth a watch!

http://youtu.be/2mchi80cteIi

Please note that there will be NO ticket’s available on the day.

You can also see the PDF version on the link below:
https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/sit ... _guide.pdf

In the away end you will find the ‘Family Section’. Here you will find members of our Foundation staff holding themed skill tests for the younger fans to enjoy prior to the game.

Please avoid parking in the Lakeside Shopping Village car park opposite the stadium, they are handing out fines to people who are attending the matches. I would advise you to use Car Park 3 as shown in the video.

If you are wanting to bring any flags or banners with you, below is a link to our flag guidance:

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/new ... -stadium-/

If you have any questions then please leave a comment, my email address is dean.medcalf@clubdoncaster.co.uk or you can tweet me at @drfc_away.

Thank you for your time and I hope that you all have a safe journey.

Kind Regards
Dean Medcalf
Supporter Liaison Officer
Doncaster Rovers FC
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Message from Doncaster Supporter Liaison Officer

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:17 pm

or go into the town, loads of pubs then get a taxi cost ya about £7
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:59 pm

To be fair to em, that's a pretty professional and well-made guide to their ground.

Looks like a lot of thought goes into the match-day experience for both sets of fans. Just a shame that not as much thought went into that plastic, soulless bowl of a ground. I bet they miss Belle Vue.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:11 pm

ParisStag wrote:To be fair to em, that's a pretty professional and well-made guide to their ground.

Looks like a lot of thought goes into the match-day experience for both sets of fans. Just a shame that not as much thought went into that plastic, soulless bowl of a ground. I bet they miss Belle Vue.

i loved Belle Vue stinking wazz smelling open ended cracked concrete away end, corrugated sides & broken sound system proper League 2 hell hole, hate their ice hockey no presence ground now
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:41 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:or go into the town, loads of pubs then get a taxi cost ya about £7

Seven quid! Bloody we are poor Mansfield folk not Bezos
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:37 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:To be fair to em, that's a pretty professional and well-made guide to their ground.

i loved Belle Vue stinking wazz smelling open ended cracked concrete away end, corrugated sides & broken sound system proper League 2 hell hole, hate their ice hockey no presence ground now

I know what you mean but I don't agree, it was a raspberries ground, rubbish view (remember the sheep pen?), usually freezing cold and we normally lost after being called scabs for 2 hours! Yes the new place doesn't have the history but at least it has urinals that don't pour piss on your feet! We're getting to the age now Dave where we need more comfortable surroundings :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:54 am

Rob wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

I know what you mean but I don't agree, it was a raspberries ground, rubbish view (remember the sheep pen?), usually freezing cold and we normally lost after being called scabs for 2 hours! Yes the new place doesn't have the history but at least it has urinals that don't pour piss on your feet! We're getting to the age now Dave where we need more comfortable surroundings :lol:

And we always seemed get soaked in the cage too.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Retro rob » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:10 pm

Station is a three mile walk, should take 30 minutes! I can't run 3 miles in that time!
Retro rob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby part time pete » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:59 pm

Retro rob wrote:Station is a three mile walk, should take 30 minutes! I can't run 3 miles in that time!

Google maps says rail station is 1.9 miles and 31 minute walk from ground.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:24 pm

The Keepmoat Stadium is much better than Belle Vue and has a good atmosphere when there is a big away following.

There is loads of parking at the ground but if you go up White Rose Way (A6182) and turn right at the roundabout on to Middle Bank towards the ground then you will go past a few businesses on your left and right who allow you to pay to park in their office/business car parks including a chinese food supplier. There's usually somebody in a yellow coat waiting to take your money.

You can also park on Lakeside in the massive car park outside the ten pin bowling, Nandos, Frankie & Bennys and Vue Cinema and walk around the lake to the ground. There are also lots of other roads and streets along the side of the lake where you can park. People often park up on the side and have a walk around the lake.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:19 pm

Belle Vue was a tip.
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:50 pm

Curry 9 Brace 7 wrote:Belle Vue was a tip.

An utter minghole
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:04 pm

Dan wrote:
Rob wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

A bit like being on Tiswas then.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby bex » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:23 pm

ST4GS wrote:
Dan wrote:
Rob wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

A bit like being on Tiswas then.

....But no Sally James :(
"Who's the most intelligent"
Otis-"Me,without a shadow of doubt,next question"
bex
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Billy the fish » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:04 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:

Yeah remember it well with around 1200 home fans on a good day
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:29 am

Good video which shows how much further forward they are in terms of facilities, hospitality and ground when they really came from a smaller fan base at Belle Vue. Keith's legacy remains in many ways despite what the Radford's have done.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:13 am

victor A block wrote:Good video which shows how much further forward they are in terms of facilities, hospitality and ground when they really came from a smaller fan base at Belle Vue. Keith's legacy remains in many ways despite what the Radford's have done.

Also shows how much better their marketing team is. They've got smooth videos like this. We've got Cazza picking up Maynard from the airport.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:49 am

Took brother-in-laws 7 year old grandson to his first away game. All got a bit too much for him , Donny stewards we’re brilliant. Took him to a quiet room and could not do enough to help.
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:14 am

Such an atmosphere as yesterday of such passion and unbridled joy can be frightening to young ones. Hope he's ok now.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:03 am

Spiritater wrote:Such an atmosphere as yesterday of such passion and unbridled joy can be frightening to young ones. Hope he's ok now.

Think it was a combination of queuing in a noisy crowd so long under the stand to get a drink and then the noise building up to kick off .they took him to the medical centre,let him lie down quietly for a short while , gave him a cup of tea and biscuits then let them sit in the empty seats to the left of us .Only missed first 20 minutes, think his 7 year old masculine pride was dented and that’s about all .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:25 am

Not sure if you were sat directly behind us but I was told a similar story. Our original tickets were in Block 42 near the back where the drummer was. We were OK to start with but it was clear few were taking their allocated seats as advised by the stewards and the area became full with loads of fans stood in the stairways. The stewards were pretty powerless. There wasn't any bad behaviour as such but it wasn't a comfortable experience so we moved to some of the empty seats in Block 37, where the chap behind us told us he'd done exactly the same with his grandson. As I said, behaviour wasn't the issue, just people wanting to sit/stand together.

Glad it all worked out one f.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:45 pm

I thought the stewards yesterday were superb.

They managed our fan base very well, especially after the goals went in.

We’ve all seen heavy handed tactics in the past and if this would of happened yesterday it could have all kicked off.

The only downsides were that my mate having to wait about 10 mins for the key for the disabled toilet and not all the bars had food on
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:11 pm

A lot of the stewards on duty yesterday normally work at Field Mill on match days.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum