{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Donny FA Cup Scorefred Sponsored by Nothing To Fear

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Donny FA Cup Scorefred Sponsored by Nothing To Fear

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:18 am

If you YouTube search ‘Doncaster vs Mansfield Vlog’ you should find a 19 minute video by an account called 18Dapper… there’s some great footage of our fans in there from the other side of the ground. Has the fans on video for the 1st and 3rd goals and the noise for the second is ridiculous. Well worth a watch if you skip through the monologue at the start!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:27 am

BH_Stag wrote:If you YouTube search ‘Doncaster vs Mansfield Vlog’ you should find a 19 minute video by an account called 18Dapper… there’s some great footage of our fans in there from the other side of the ground. Has the fans on video for the 1st and 3rd goals and the noise for the second is ridiculous. Well worth a watch if you skip through the monologue at the start!

That’s really decent tbh, good shout.

Who else’s voice has gone :lol:

Oh what a day!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:18 am

Love the look of utter resignation on the guys face as No2 goes in :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:47 am

broomo wrote:A lot of posters on here.

Sack the manager.
Get rid of the head of recruitment, he's raspberries.
Poor tactics.
Poor team selection.
He's clueless.
Terrible man management.
He's a dinosaur.
Just as bad as Dempster and Coughlan.
Rubbish last 2 transfer windows.
Long cold winter which will end in relegation.

Me (and a decent handful of others "Lets wait and see once we get players back shall we?" "Give him time, he'll turn it around"

You can't debate with Broomo, he's blinded by faith. I'm disappointed in him, he adds nothing to the forum. Which players coming back? Give him more time and we'll be down.

Some even siding with Gazmoose!!

7 wins in 8 and through to consecutive 3rd rounds for the first time since 1980, beating 2 League One clubs away from home, playing very good football.

Some saying best away day for a decade.

There'll be one or two who have a go at me for posting this but I took quite a bit of stick for quite a while on here, so ha ha, ha No swearing. ha ha. I wonder how many of them will say they were wrong?

Now, lets back it up with a win on Tuesday to really get things going.

Can completely understand why you're annoyed by the posters who gave you a hard time (one or two in particular), but please don't make out like the majority wanted Clough out and you were in the minority. The VAST majority of Stags fans were not asking for him to go. On Stagsnet you get exaggerated opinions and the negative ones always stand out. Most of us stayed quiet hoping it would change and knowing he is a top manager and that we had injuries. You should also know by now that football fans are fickle and those calling for him to go would be cheering after a few wins. Hardly requires you to come on and do a post like this. I've said it to you several times before - ignore them! I get why you're angry, but coming on her and doing this is petulant. I know, I've done it myself plenty of the years. Let's enjoy this great moment as a united fan base instead of looking for division and ruining another thread.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:54 am

ParisStag wrote:

Sack the manager.
Poor tactics.
Poor team selection.
He's clueless.
Terrible man management.
He's a dinosaur.

Me (and a decent handful of others "Lets wait and see once we get players back shall we?" "Give him time, he'll turn it around"

You can't debate with Broomo, he's blinded by faith. I'm disappointed in him, he adds nothing to the forum. Which players coming back? Give him more time and we'll be down.

7 wins in 8 and through to consecutive 3rd rounds for the first time since 1980, beating 2 League One clubs away from home, playing very good football.

There'll be one or two who have a go at me for posting this but I took quite a bit of stick for quite a while on here, so ha ha, ha No swearing. ha ha. I wonder how many of them will say they were wrong?

Can completely understand why you're annoyed by the posters who gave you a hard time (one or two in particular), but please don't make out like the majority wanted Clough out and you were in the minority. The VAST majority of Stags fans were not asking for him to go. On Stagsnet you get exaggerated opinions and the negative ones always stand out. Most of us stayed quiet hoping it would change and knowing he is a top manager and that we had injuries. You should also know by now that football fans are fickle and those calling for him to go would be cheering after a few wins. Hardly requires you to come on and do a post like this. I've said it to you several times before - ignore them! I get why you're angry, but coming on her and doing this is petulant. I know, I've done it myself plenty of the years. Let's enjoy this great moment as a united fan base instead of looking for division and ruining another thread.

Spot on. Good to to see a balanced view on this matter.
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby lifestags » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:57 am

ParisStag wrote:

Sack the manager.
Poor tactics.
Poor team selection.
He's clueless.
Terrible man management.
He's a dinosaur.

Agreed
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:02 am

Sack the manager.
Poor tactics.
Poor team selection.
He's clueless.
Terrible man management.
He's a dinosaur.

I enjoy reading your posts, but to suggest “a lot” were against Clough, and “a handful” were backing him is nonsense.

The support this season has been second to none, the manager, the directors and everyone in and around the club has said so on many occasions.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:04 am

Well said Paris. It might hurt to hear this broomo, but folk are entitled to criticise the manager when we're almost propping up the table. Delighted he's turning it around though.
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:08 am

ParisStag wrote:

Sack the manager.
Poor tactics.
Poor team selection.
He's clueless.
Terrible man management.
He's a dinosaur.

It's aimed squarely at the few, not the many.

I don't see it as ruining another thread or causing division. I see it as me having a dig at those who made this place miserable and over miserable at that.

It didn't matter how often I posted he'll turn it around, there were a few who took every opportunity to have a dig, with probably half a dozen or more telling me I knew nowt about football.

Allow me to have my moment, you and others know the few it's aimed at. It's certainly not you.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:12 am

Dan wrote:
Bros wrote:Listened on ifollow as I've had man flu. I don't think I've ever heard Martin so excited. The atmosphere sounded superb, I wish I could have been there

Can't wait to hear Martin's commentary over the goals.

goals with commentary coming up at noon (no earlier, due to FA broadcasting restrictions)
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby broomo » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:17 am

Beano wrote:

Sack the manager.
Poor tactics.
Poor team selection.
He's clueless.
Terrible man management.
He's a dinosaur.

I enjoy reading your posts, but to suggest “a lot” were against Clough, and “a handful” were backing him is nonsense.

The support this season has been second to none, the manager, the directors and everyone in and around the club has said so on many occasions.

I posted a tweet yesterday saying Mansfield supporters are the best I've ever come across, certainly at the ground, for supporting club and manager through the horrible spell.

No one can deny the overall mood on here 6 weeks ago was awful and while there were "a decent handful" who came out in vocal support, as always the majority stay quiet while a vocal minority shouts and screams.

Note the "on here" comment and not the fanbase as a whole.

I don't mind criticism of individual or even collective results at the time but they wouldn't allow there to be any mitigating circumstances as to why. In my view it went beyond criticism and turned quite nasty.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:30 am

ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:35 am

broomo wrote:
ParisStag wrote:

Sack the manager.
Poor tactics.
Poor team selection.
He's clueless.
Terrible man management.
He's a dinosaur.

It's aimed squarely at the few, not the many.

I don't see it as ruining another thread or causing division. I see it as me having a dig at those who made this place miserable and over miserable at that.

It didn't matter how often I posted he'll turn it around, there were a few who took every opportunity to have a dig, with probably half a dozen or more telling me I knew nowt about football.

Allow me to have my moment, you and others know the few it's aimed at. It's certainly not you.

Sure, I know it's not aimed at me, but I don't think painting it as you and "a few" vs "a lot" is totally fair. Most of us are decent, reasonable folk.

The point about division is just about another thread descending into a back-and-forth, but I take your point about them responding whatever you post - hence why I recommended blocking and ignoring. That way you can say what you want and not care about what they say. I've found that when you do that, they eventually stop the childish trolling.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:03 am

ParisStag wrote:

Sack the manager.
Poor tactics.
Poor team selection.
He's clueless.
Terrible man management.
He's a dinosaur.

I was on the verge of wanting Clough out. Never called for him out at games but was getting slowly disgruntled on the winless streak. Happy to be proven wrong. Don't mind that at all. Firmly believe he's the man for the job now, but I'd prefer he provided us with promotion before you ram our old opinions down our throats. I'll look forward to that :)

Yesterday was brilliant. The players thrive on a lively away following. Hopefully that performance yesterday was the game where we get the George Lapslie we had last season, back at his best.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:11 am

Johnson, Hawkins, Rawson, Gordon, Macca, Nartey, Gale, all these players were missing in our second half come back which makes the day even more special.
Mansfield fans won the day and help carry us into round three.
Any one at home will do in the next round, Doncaster were underdogs today and we had to overcome complacency perhaps Hawkins and Rawson missing helped us.
Today is not a time to post about Negative Nellies but to embrace the unity of the club from owners staff and fans together moving forward.
but i can understand broomo,
Sharpy said give us time and we will build a team we can be proud off, and like many i believe him
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:36 am

i think we are now seeing the team that we were all hoping for, pre-season.
still a few injury worries, and a bit lax on discipline where cards are concerned, but overall, looking like a side that should fear nobody in league 2.
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:38 am

i think we are now seeing the team that we were all hoping for, pre-season.
still a few injury worries, and a bit lax on discipline where cards are concerned, but overall, looking like a side that should fear nobody in league 2.
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:21 pm

NC has my 100% support...always has and always will.
Why.......because he is the manager of the club I have supported for over 40 years.
The run we are on is brilliant and I (along with everyone else) hope it continues.

But that doesn't alter the fact that I as not overly impressed with his appointment and that I have never really liked the guy and thought his time as a manager had run its course.
He has made lots of mistakes in the short time he has been our manager and the January transfer window is crucial to our continued success and upturn in form.
Recently he has picked a formation that suits the players available and we are reaping the rewards.....on our bad run he tried too many square pegs in round holes by sticking to the Diamond formation and it cost us.

I do wonder why folk have to 'get one up on other posters' and try to prove others were wrong.
Its an opinion....we all have them and all are entitled to them,
If we gain promotion or win a cup no-one will be happier than me.....and NC will continue to have all my support.
Good Luck Nigel !
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:35 pm

Broomo, I've said a few of those before. Let's address them. I am aware that not all of them are aimed at me though

Poor tactics.

They were poor, we we're clearly shoehorning players into a preferred formation and whilst it worked on our left, our right was frequently left woefully exposed, I suggested that a midfield 5 would suit us in a back 3 or 4-5-1 and was laughed at. Well I'd say I was correct. Get Clarke or whoever is at RCM in the diamond to protect the full back then it'll work.

Poor team selection.

I said this, along with Gordon isn't a right back and you play your best players in their best postitions. If out of position you play your experienced players out of position. I said Hewitt is best at RB or RCB in a back 3. RWB he's decent but that's 3rd on his list of positions for me. We'd got wingers at both full back positions, RB at CB. Hawkins, O'Tooloe and McLaughlin are all experienced players. Hawkins said he enjoys playing CB before he joined so I'm happy for him to cover there. O'Toole is a midfielder who dropped back into defence, this is not unheard of in football. Macca, I was unsure of but he's grown on me and saw him as a temporary replacement but he's been nothing short of a relevation there. My issue was there was more "natural" players on the bench or elsewhere on the pitch for some games we lost. No surprise to me that playing you're best available players in their best positions yield favourable results.

He's clueless.

I don't think I ever called him that. You don't have a career like Nigel has by being clueless

Terrible man management.

I said this, I still stand by my assertion that publicly questioning his professional integrity immediately after the game was uncalled for especially when through most of the game he was on his own vs 2 players.

The results were very similar to Dempster and Coughlan

They weren't great though were they, defensively?

If I remember correctly you were having a pop at me for suggesting we needed more CB when the season started. We signed 2. I suggested we needed another after the injury to Nartey and Forrester still not back. We signed O'Toole. Then we had an upturn in form.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:39 pm

Let’s just enjoy the big win :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:53 pm

So now 352 has entered the building, will we see a return of O'Keefe.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:54 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Let’s just enjoy the big win :lol:

Agreed. A fantastic day out, and a brilliant cup run so far. Long may it continue.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:14 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:So now 352 has entered the building, will we see a return of O'Keefe.

Probably not, although he would improve us.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:52 pm

We’ve agreed in principle to sell him to rochdale in january so probably not
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:41 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Let’s just enjoy the big win :lol:

Agreed. A fantastic day out, and a brilliant cup run so far. Long may it continue.

We were till someone decided to stir the pot. And he calls others trolls. Brilliant
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum