{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Sutton Scorefred sponsored by BEERMEN 5.0: GUINNESS

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Sutton Scorefred sponsored by BEERMEN 5.0: GUINNESS

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:42 am

lifestags wrote:In a Diamond formation I dont think he would be starting but at present he is pretty much the only player capable of playing out wide on the right :)

Once again I respect your opinion but as said previously he doesn't play out wide and he isn't capable :D
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:01 am

Stop respecting peoples opinions parky and tell em they are talking bull... :D

People are too happy to accept mediocrity...

Charlsley is awful and contributes nothing...

Hes a million miles away from what we need to move forward and would not get in any of the top 7 current sides..
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:31 am

Captain Cunno wrote:Stop respecting peoples opinions parky and tell em they are talking bull... :D

Hes a million miles away from what we need to move forward and would not get in any of the top 7 current sides..

That's the huge problem and yes you've put it all more succinctly than I :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:52 am

Opinion here is my opinion you want better players that takes time or money, time and patience is words not associated with some.
Lets put £8 extra on every game, and then wait for the screams,
Im a happy clapper, New Score Board, Pitch Improved, Youth given a chance, and only 1 point off 16th with 20 games to go, all at no risk to the club.
Transfers in league 1 can range from ! - 8 Million , i dont think we are ready for that yet.
once more players not in the team are our best players, its like a broken record,
The trouble with fans is we only see players on the ball, because we are spectators and follow the ball, but to the players it is their job, and a lot of them have a job to do without the ball
Gordon is injured so why are we discussing him, strange our 5 game unbeaten run happened without him.
They shot through a crowded goal mouth and it went in, we did the same and it hit a player on the line, small margins get over it.
Nice to see the response to a loss is very active, AGAIN,,,
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:01 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:Stop respecting peoples opinions parky and tell em they are talking bull... :D

We are moving forward, only 1 point of last seasons finish with 20 games to go. and if you think the top 7 will still be there in May, bull is your language.
Charsley contributes enough to play in a Mansfield shirt gives 100% and that will do for me.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:07 pm

bear 73 wrote:Opinion here is my opinion you want better players that takes time or money, time and patience is words not associated with some.
Im a happy clapper, New Score Board, Pitch Improved, Youth given a chance, and only 1 point off 16th with 20 games to go, all at no risk to the club.
Transfers in league 1 can range from ! - 8 Million , i dont think we are ready for that yet.
once more players not in the team are our best players, its like a broken record,
The trouble with fans is we only see players on the ball, because we are spectators and follow the ball, but to the players it is their job, and a lot of them have a job to do without the ball
Gordon is injured so why are we discussing him, strange our 5 game unbeaten run happened without him.
They shot through a crowded goal mouth and it went in, we did the same and it hit a player on the line, small margins get over it.

Wow...more condescending raspberry looking at long term from a short term board member who hasn't a clue.
If you think JR is wanting to build the team slowly you really are mistaken. He's built the infrastructure fairly quickly in the grand scheme of things and off field we are the best I've ever known.

How long since our last promotion and some success and yet you come along and tell us to be patient!!!
Believe me Carolyn wants to strut her stuff in far more salubrious boardrooms than the current ones.

You haven't a clue what we've seen and been through so don't make out you have and once again you are not part of we!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:09 pm

Bear

I have no problem with you being a part of this board and all new supporters of the club are welcome.

Just a small point, we have 28 games left not 20.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:10 pm

bear 73 wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

We are moving forward, only 1 point of last seasons finish with 20 games to go. and if you think the top 7 will still be there in May, bull is your language.
Charsley contributes enough to play in a Mansfield shirt gives 100% and that will do for me.

So did Fraser MacLachlan but you ain't a clue what I'm on about .

As Cunno says you are happy with mediocrity.

You are fast becoming the board troll just on a wind up?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:11 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Bear

I have no problem with you being a part of this board and all new supporters of the club are welcome.

He hasn't a clue, he's a troll.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:16 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:

Any need for that ? I agree with him - I think HC brings energy. Not saying we can’t do better but he does a job.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:21 pm

yorkstag wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

Any need for that ? I agree with him - I think HC brings energy. Not saying we can’t do better but he does a job.

There's every need, he supports someone else, he's Gazmoose on a smaller scale and less coherent.
You are another that will accept mediocrity as long as they have an Amber shirt on.
What's the point of energy if they're useless with the football, shaking head emoji
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:06 pm

bear 73 wrote:Opinion here is my opinion you want better players that takes time or money, time and patience is words not associated with some.

Bear, Gordon came back to the bench on Saturday, he got a knock in training on Monday and we were travelling down to Sutton later that day, he wasn't going to go so could be fine for staurday, hence the diacussion. As you say, we'd won 5 on the trot without him. I can theorise why that is. We attack down the left, what teams do is win the ball and switch flank. Kellan is usually slightly further forwards being a winger/wing back and they just attack down that side instead.

It's no surprise to me that we've done well after moving the right back (Hewitt) from centre back to his strongest position and playing experienced players as a makeshift CB pairing, a pairing from a player hmwho said he enjoys playing there and another who played there for Clough at Burton. I'm fine with that, but now Rawson is back he should be at the back and Hawkins needs to go up front. If Quinn or Maris aren't fit on Saturday then will will have to go with Forrester with Rawson and push O'Toole into midfield.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:46 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
broomo wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:We don't know unless we try. I mean, the bar isn't exactly set high down that side.

You've been quite keen on Gordon on the right wing for a long time now gazza and I'm wondering what it is you see in him that makes you think he'd be better one further up the pitch.

His crossing on the whole is hit and miss at best, poor at worst. He doesn't really show composure when he has time and space in the final third and he rarely gets his head up and picks a pass.

He may have pace and power to get in behind the fullback but not convinced he has the footballing intelligence to know what to do when he gets there.

I'd still probably play him full back for home games where we look to be on the front but think Hewitt edges him in the games we set up to be solid.

You've said all that about Gordon but when was the last time you saw Charsley go by a full back and get a cross in.
Charsley flatters to deceive massively, runs about a lot, presses well sometimes but does nothing in possession and spends a lot of time on his ass because he's weak as wass

Charsley doesn’t play like a natural winger because he isn’t one. That’s why he doesn’t beat his man, put crosses in etc.

I know...I can't fathom out what his role is as he doesn't contribute much.
He's another Fraser MacLachlan, runs about a lot but has no footballing ability

Beyond harsh
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:37 pm

Possibly harsh Belly but at least you know whom I'm on about if you get my drift? ;)
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:01 pm

Don't know what the stats are for losing possession in relation to having received the ball but I think Charsley and Sinclair are right up there. Hoping Oates comes back in with Hawkins up front on Saturday.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:09 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:

Wow...more condescending raspberry looking at long term from a short term board member who hasn't a clue.
If you think JR is wanting to build the team slowly you really are mistaken. He's built the infrastructure fairly quickly in the grand scheme of things and off field we are the best I've ever known.

How long since our last promotion and some success and yet you come along and tell us to be patient!!!
Believe me Carolyn wants to strut her stuff in far more salubrious boardrooms than the current ones.

You haven't a clue what we've seen and been through so don't make out you have and once again you are not part of we!!!

Sorry i missed many years of your Knowledgeable and up lifting posts, i have seen cup success, championships. many international players, and players costing millions, and Watched as a season ticket holder Premier league football, David Sharpe tells lies then when he says success will not overnight and it will take a few transfer windows but he knows how to put a team together on a tight budget, NO i dont tell you to be patient, the club does, where Carolyn wants to strut her stuff is no concern of mine.
dont tell me about things off field ive seen it all before, Clarke has told you Clough is the perfect fit, having the right manager is crucial
, he also said we have to work under a salary cap, and he is the perfect fit for club , For a club moving forward, he has a proven track record, This feels s like a totally fresh start.
He produced a miracle at Burton, the aim is for him to be here a long time, If he has a FEW transfer windows we will have a team to be proud off
My problem is im on the same page as the club, and not on the Negative Nellie brigade, your system has been tried for many years, mine well this is the first full season and looking forward to every match day, what more can you want, Keep moaning most fans are on board, see season ticket sales
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:19 pm

So Charsley is the new boo boy. I suppose after a defeat we need one :o
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:56 pm

bear 73 wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

Sorry i missed many years of your Knowledgeable and up lifting posts, i have seen cup success, championships. many international players, and players costing millions, and Watched as a season ticket holder Premier league football, David Sharpe tells lies then when he says success will not overnight and it will take a few transfer windows but he knows how to put a team together on a tight budget, NO i dont tell you to be patient, the club does, where Carolyn wants to strut her stuff is no concern of mine.
dont tell me about things off field ive seen it all before, Clarke has told you Clough is the perfect fit, having the right manager is crucial
, he also said we have to work under a salary cap, and he is the perfect fit for club , For a club moving forward, he has a proven track record, This feels s like a totally fresh start.
He produced a miracle at Burton, the aim is for him to be here a long time, If he has a FEW transfer windows we will have a team to be proud off
My problem is im on the same page as the club, and not on the Negative Nellie brigade, your system has been tried for many years, mine well this is the first full season and looking forward to every match day, what more can you want, Keep moaning most fans are on board, see season ticket sales

What a crock of turds.

I don't care one iota what you've seen at your club as it has naff all to do with Stags, neither does Nigels work at Burton as Flitcroft took Bury up but couldn't reproduce it here.
Believe it or not I want Nigel to succeed but he's not beyond reproach but as you said elsewhere you are biased!!
His work in the transfer windows he's had are nothing to shout about and he's presided over our worst run for years as he can't seem to change a game mid flow as at Sutton and the other away debacles, in fact at home to Bradford he was negligent in not stopping their left side threat after numerous warnings.

Once again as been pointed out by several other posters it will not be a "tight budget" as you misguidedly keep pointing out because you know nothing of the success John and Carolyn crave. I've heard that first hand from JR when he's had a few too many and gets loose lips.

You are passing through so do not preach about my club, NOT YOURS, when you know nothing about us.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:59 pm

Just block him parky it's the easiest solution...
You can't to him, at least broomo is up for debate.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:03 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Just block him parky it's the easiest solution...
You can't to him, at least broomo is up for debate.

Broomo understands its our club and passion for our club and what we've seen and been through.
That condescending Little Bear just churns out biased unfounded ollux
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:13 pm

bear 73 wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

Charlsey makes up for ability with effort, cant fault his effort at all.. but to go to where we want we need players that have both, otherwise you sit where we currently are.

If Charsley were Reid or a forward for that matter, it'd be pointed out a lot more that hes not good enough because he contributes very little
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:25 pm

Charsley sometimes flatters to deceive with his end product, but his pressing is exceptional at our level.

Between him, Lapslie, Quinn and Clarke we have four players who are crucial to the way we play. Charsley is the worst of the four, but is still young and won’t hit his prime for a few more years.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:37 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:Charsley sometimes flatters to deceive with his end product, but his pressing is exceptional at our level.

Between him, Lapslie, Quinn and Clarke we have four players who are crucial to the way we play. Charsley is the worst of the four, but is still young and won’t hit his prime for a few more years.

Hes 25... could understand if he was 20/21
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:57 pm

25 isn’t old. A lot of midfielders hit the prime at 28/29 years old.

He’s also not played a lot of games and is still gaining experience. There are loads of example of players who peak early but are done at 30 and alternatively other speak late and play into Thor mid to late 30’s.

He is also excellent at pressing the ball in the opposition third, which is important for our style of play.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:58 pm

Every player we have got could be replaced by someone else who is playing in the EFL who would be better.

The only issue is that the budget would not stretch that far.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum