{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Supporters' views and suggestions

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Supporters' views and suggestions

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:57 pm

Big yella wrote:
Rustystag wrote:
MTFC SLO - Diane wrote:Hi,

I’ve started this thread so that if anyone has any suggestions or views about anything Mansfield Town FC related, they can hopefully be shared and discussed on here. However, if anyone has any issues that they would personally like to discuss, I am more than happy for you to email me diane.ceney@mansfieldtown.net or call the club number 01623 482482 (opt 6), if I’m not able to answer, please leave me a voicemail and be assured that I will call you back.

Martin, is it possible to keep this thread somewhere on the first page please, so that it’s quick and easy to find? Many thanks

Take care,
Diane

Hi Diane

So my 8 year old boy is stags mad, he's had an idea

He would really like some mansfield town bedding.

Now I understand there be a cost to the club to get it in but maybe ask the fans to vote to see what they would like to see in the shop?

The staff that work in there do an excellent job

Thanks

Redbubble sell them on the internet , but they are disgustingly expensive.

I bought a phone cover of them last week and although the actual case is good, the graphics too, it’s not mag lock compatible. Ho hum
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby NEStag » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:55 pm

Massive shout out to Diane for all her help with Covid shirts and tickets for the game today which got lost through no fault of the club (post office mess up).
Well done, great service.
NEStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:12 pm

Hi Diane

I've been watching Stags since the 1970's and it''s never been more difficult to buy the matchday programme.

There's always been programme sellers at Stags, outside the North Stand, West Stand & Quarry Lane, until this season.

First game of the season, v Bristol Rovers, arrived at the ground about 1.50pm, passed the North Stand and West Stand, not a programme seller in sight, walked down to the Quarry Lane and there were 4 other fans, like me trying to find a programme seller!!!

This set the tone for this season.

Worse still, Stags are saying if the fans don't buy enough programmes this season they will not be producing anymore matchday progammes, oh the irony!!!!

I complained on Stags matchday social media, and then for 2 home games there was a matchday programme seller outside the West Stand, sorted, unfortunately not, 2 games only.

So, anyone who wants to purchase a matchday progamme now has to join a queue at the ticket office, club shop, bar or food kiosk.

Last home game v Hartlepool, 2.10pm, I joined the food kiosk in the West Stand Upper for 20 minutes, with fans buying food/beer, got to the front of the queue to be informed they don't have any programmes!!!!

Went to the other side of the West Stand Upper, no programmes, a steward kindly let me go briefly into the West Stand Lower, no programmes!!!!! went to my seat in the West Stand Upper just in time to hear it announced the matchday programme is available in all the kiosks within the ground!!!! lol

Stags have gone from having an award winning matchday programme for a number of seasons, to a sub-standard, mid-conference team programme, which I do understand to cut costs and make a profit, however it would not be sincere to stop producing a matchday programme saying the fans are not buying enough programmes whilst at the same time making it the most difficult time to buy a matchday programme in 40+ years!!!!
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:32 pm

There were no programmes in the QLE kiosk as well. Also I have not been able to buy a 50/50 ticket for the last 2 home games. With a crowd of 6k on Saturday the prize was less than£200. Usually just one man selling and he disappears indoors fairly quickly. You need someone else selling the tickets outside until kick-off
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFC SLO - Diane » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:24 pm

Hello KirkbyStag2 & Bros,

Sincere apologies to you and everyone else who were unable to buy a match day programme on Sunday. Unsure as to why there was a mix-up, but for some reason programmes weren't distributed to all the kiosks.
Totally understand your frustration, it's a real pain having to queue at the kiosks, bar and ticket office when all you want is a programme....especially if they don't have any!
The number of programme and 50/50 sellers that we were lucky to have over the years, have unfortunately dwindled and it's a continuing challenge trying to recruit staff for the few hours required for match days.
Please be assured that options to alleviate these problems will be looked at immediately.

Very best wishes,
Diane
MTFC SLO - Diane
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:54 pm

Here's a simple solution. Stick a pile each at the turnstiles.
Cash only.
If a few go 'missing' whats the problem. Better to have them there as you enter t'ground than having to queue yet again once inside.

Food kiosks are that slow that if that was all they did (sell progs) t'club'd be lucky if they got rid of 200 all game.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:53 pm

I'm coming to the Swindon game, I'm more than happy to get there early and sell some for you, just let me know.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:59 pm

Hi, I'm a Quarry Lane end member and for several games this season I've tried ringing for my ticket n advance to order my discount ticket but after numerous attempts I've failed to get through. (The on-hold system cuts off after 10 minutes too). The most recent was the boxing day game which I had to watch on iFollow round the in-laws instead. It's too much hassle to drive down to the club to collect tickets in advance and I'm often working during office hours anyway.

Implementing an online system is probably asking too much but, surely it can be possible to let QLE members pay on the day on production of the QLE card? (Tick off a register to prevent misuse) The club has lost £45 of my money this season already because of the failure to answer phones. If there's not enough staff to answer phones due to isolating or other reasons then surely this makes sense.
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:35 pm

Thanks for your reply Diane, and I look forward to your update.

Good idea from Spiritater.
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFC SLO - Diane » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:39 am

Pleased to report that it should be easier to get hold of matchday programmes today. Dean and the SSA volunteers have kindly offered to sell them from the SSA table in Sandy’s to save queueing elsewhere for one.
We also have a couple of our usual programme sellers back today, so watch out for them around the ground.
Depending on staff availability, we’re hoping to have someone in place, selling programmes and 50/50 tickets from the white programme booth in the car park.

Cheers,
Diane
MTFC SLO - Diane
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Bros » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:49 am

Thanks Diane. Can you also arrange for us to win
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFC SLO - Diane » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:26 am

:lol: :coys:
MTFC SLO - Diane
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Cockney Stag » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:02 pm

Hi Diane,

Few comments I'd just like to raise.

I was at both the Hartlepool and Middlesbrough games where we enjoyed bumper crowds and I have to say I was underwhelmed by the service at both kiosks (QLE vs Hartlepool and West Stand vs Boro) both before kick off and during half time.

I appreciate there are uncertainties at the moment regarding COVID absentees but for two games where we had excellent attendances I fear it was a real opportunity missed for the club to rake in additional revenue. Not only was the service slow as there were too few staff to accommodate the large crowds, but in both instances they ran out of alcohol and hot food.

I don't know what the immediate solution is (possibly agency staff to cover COVID absentees, allowing 3rd parties to provide additional catering services for a fee) but I think they were both opportunities missed.

Thanks

Luke
Cockney Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby jonnym150281 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:19 am

I lost my tobacco tin and 1 glove, yesterday v walsall, could you see if they been handed in please? Quarry lane block c q48

Thanks
jonnym150281
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:22 am

Good luck with that my friend. I lost my amber and blue striped scarf, not a footy scarf, a pit friend of mine Paul Varty, Derby fan, gave it me years ago. I went to office and security lads. Some dishonest chap took a liking to it
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkstag » Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:48 pm

Hi Diane
As an out of town season ticket holder I find the current arrangements for ticketing unsatisfactory.
When I read priority will be given to people calling at the ticket office I do wonder if the ticket office appreciate not everyone lives in Mansfield.
Getting through on the phone is a challenge.
When I speak to staff they are great but there needs to be a realisation that in 2022 we need a system that recognises not everyone can turn up at the ticket office not because they don’t care but because they can’t.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:37 pm

When are we opening the second food kiosk in the QLE? The queues are ridiculous.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Cockney Stag » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:39 am

Stoney wrote:When are we opening the second food kiosk in the QLE? The queues are ridiculous.

They said at Xmas it was due to covid cases, is that still the reason? Seems a bit crazy 2 months later.
Cockney Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:38 pm

Yesterday Bowring’s Butchers pies and sausage rolls were being advertised has being on sale at Stags. Only one kiosk open in QLE. I don’t think I have ever seen queues so long, even just before KO and half time. How much revenue is being lost by the club?
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stoney » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:43 pm

I really wanted to try one but took one look at the queue and didn't bother. People who got in the queue at the start of half time were missing the second half.... Again.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:49 pm

Stoney wrote:I really wanted to try one but took one look at the queue and didn't bother. People who got in the queue at the start of half time were missing the second half.... Again.

There was quite a few who wanted to try one of the pie’s, but there was no chance. Either a pie or miss some of the game.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Cockney Stag » Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:16 pm

I gave the benefit of the doubt at Xmas when everyone was catching covid left, right and centre.

What's the reasoning now?
Cockney Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:22 pm

I noticed the match day ticket office hasn't been used for several games now. Can't be the COVID excuse now, have the club laid staff off or some quit? The club need to make it as simple as possible for a supporter to buy a ticket. Whether it's the exiled ST holder who can't make it midweek for a priority away ticket, or the QLE member who has to sit on hold for 10 minutes every time (When you could just show your card at the now non-existent matchday ticket office)

I booked a ticket for the home end at Harrogate the other week, it was a much simpler checkout process and you got a 'phone screen' sized ticket with a QR code on to scan. Not a chunky A4 sized sheet you have to zoom in on. Then I was inadvertantly subscribed to their EMail newsletter with offers on, A good idea! It's a lot more professional ticketing system for a club that's only recently football league.
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFC SLO - Diane » Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:34 pm

Information from Tranmere Rovers ahead of Friday's fixture.....

Tickets:
Our away end will be ticket only - with fans encouraged to buy in advance. As long as you don't sell your allocation your supporters can buy tickets on the day either from the ticket table outside the fan park by card, or inside the club shop by cash or card. We have limited availability for fans requiring wheelchair bays so please pay particular attention to that information. This also applies for fans needing disabled parking - a blue badge does not automatically guarantee you a space within our car park. Any fans who are ambulant disabled who may struggle to manage the short flight of stairs in our away end can ask one of the stewards to allow them to enter at ground level in order to access some lower level seating. We also provide access to a changing places facility but this can only be accessed by speaking to a steward.
Any supporters requiring an upgrade to hospitality need to contact our ticket office directly well in advance on 03330 144452. These lounges are also accessible via a lift for fans with disabilities. Both lounges include food, one being self service and the other being sit down service.

Car Parking:
Official car parking is available but there are limited spaces at £5 cash on the gate. The Mersey Clipper pub next door also provides parking.

Please be mindful that all roads around Prenton Park are resident parking only and there will be road closures in place around the ground from approximately an hour ahead of KO and for the 30 minutes following the game.

Coaches:
Coaches will be able to drop off on Borough Road alongside the away end, before being parked in our car park (dependent on number of coaches). The coaches will then return to Prenton Road West (behind the away end) before the end of the match.

Train Travel:
Fans travelling from Liverpool/Chester should alight at either Birkenhead Central or Rock Ferry Station (Merseyrail) - both are around a 15-20 minute walk from the stadium. Alternatively, taxis can be found outside both Chester and Liverpool station - it is significantly cheaper to travel by taxi from Liverpool but it can still be expensive due to the tunnel charges.

Important Info:
We'd like to take this time to remind fans that Prenton Park is a no smoking stadium, including e-cigarettes.
There is also a strict no pyro policy in place. Should a pyro be set off, the food and drink outlets will be closed immediately to protect the safety of staff at Prenton Park.
Drums and flags (with a fire safety certificate) are permitted but fans wishing to bring instruments will need to contact ourselves in advance.
We would also like to make you and your supporters aware of the clubs match day incident line which can be contacted if a supporter hears any discriminatory or threatening language, or to report something that needs immediate attention. The number is 07399 152692. The Kick it Out app can also be used to report at Prenton Park.

Local Food and Drink:
There are two pubs, The Mersey Clipper and The Prenton Park which are a stones throw away from Prenton Park which tend to welcome small groups of away fans.
There are also a couple of great chip shops on Borough Rd within 200 meters of the away end.
Within the footprint of the stadium is our Fan Park which welcomes away fans and provides a great atmosphere with a big screen which shows live football pre and post match. They also have a kids area with video games and a football table. Last but not least they serve a selection of real ales and great food.

Cash Point:
The nearest cash point is on Borough Rd just behind the away end, about 50 meters walk outside Tesco's or alternatively, for anyone walking from Rock Ferry Station, there are cash points on Mount Rd which is a few hundred meters from Prenton Park
MTFC SLO - Diane
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bux46 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:23 pm

Hi Diane ... West stand upper Row N Seats 74 & 75 are wet every time it rains ( thank goodness this has not happened for the last few home games )
I reported this to Mr Broughton over two years ago and nothing seems to be being done.

Regards
bux46
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum