{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Supporters' views and suggestions

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Supporters' views and suggestions

Postby MTFC SLO - Diane » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:13 am

Hi,

I’ve started this thread so that if anyone has any suggestions or views about anything Mansfield Town FC related, they can hopefully be shared and discussed on here. However, if anyone has any issues that they would personally like to discuss, I am more than happy for you to email me diane.ceney@mansfieldtown.net or call the club number 01623 482482 (opt 6), if I’m not able to answer, please leave me a voicemail and be assured that I will call you back.

Martin, is it possible to keep this thread somewhere on the first page please, so that it’s quick and easy to find? Many thanks

Take care,
Diane
MTFC SLO - Diane
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Supporters' views and suggestions

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:42 am

thanks Diane. The thread will remain at the top of the page.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby m1cksut » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:11 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:thanks Diane. The thread will remain at the top of the page.

yet its already down at No 10, pop pickers!
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby Clockworktarzan » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:15 pm

Can I mention the sausage rolls??
They used to be nice. Have we changed supplier?
I have had 2 on seperated occasions recently and both were dry and inedible.
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." - Vinnie Jones
Clockworktarzan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby geoffhill » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:52 pm

When can we expect the scoreboard to be installed.Also what's happening with the hotel and Bishop street stand.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:20 pm

geoffhill wrote:When can we expect the scoreboard to be installed.Also what's happening with the hotel and Bishop street stand.

This is the latest that John said on the Bishop Street stand

https://www.stagsnet.net/news/newsdetai ... wsid=10207
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFC SLO - Diane » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:06 pm

Clockworktarzan wrote:Can I mention the sausage rolls??
They used to be nice. Have we changed supplier?
I have had 2 on seperated occasions recently and both were dry and inedible.

You certainly can mention the sausage rolls! :)
Same supplier, however, they are now cooked and served in wrappers, not sure if that is why they are drying out more quickly in the warmers that we are using at the moment... .we are waiting on some different equipment coming in for heating the pies, pasties and s/rolls, hopefully they will soon be cooked to perfection
MTFC SLO - Diane
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFC SLO - Diane » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:41 pm

geoffhill wrote:When can we expect the scoreboard to be installed.Also what's happening with the hotel and Bishop street stand.

We are hoping, all being well, to be able to provide an update on the new scoreboard at some point next week.

On the hotel/Bishop St stand...if i could refer you to the above link that Martin has posted, John and Carolyn are exploring the safe-standing options for the Bishop St side of the stadium.
MTFC SLO - Diane
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stoney » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:59 pm

Are you aware and trying to sort out the shambolic food kiosk(s) in the QLE?

There has only been one open recently but even when two are open you have to miss either the end of the first half or the start of the second half if you want to enjoy a half time beer. It's far too slow.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby NEStag » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:23 am

Agree with Stoney. I don’t want to drink a lot but there should be a better system for getting a beer at half time than either leaving your seat after 40 minutes or getting back 5 minutes after the game starts.

It’s also stopping the club from getting easy and high margin revenue.

Maybe try some sort of pre-poured beer queue or a beer stall that churns our plastic bottles quickly.
NEStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:58 pm

Hi Diane. I’ve bought a ticket on Stagstickets for the Sutton game. I think I’ve asked for it to be posted. Nothing arrived yet. I’ve clicked on the contact us link on the website but the link is broken. How do I get in touch ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFC SLO - Diane » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:32 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Hi Diane. I’ve bought a ticket on Stagstickets for the Sutton game. I think I’ve asked for it to be posted. Nothing arrived yet. I’ve clicked on the contact us link on the website but the link is broken. How do I get in touch ?

Hi
Could you send me a pm or email with your name and phone number, we’ll check the progress of your order on the system and give you a call
Cheers
Diane

diane.ceney@mansfieldtown.net
MTFC SLO - Diane
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFC SLO - Diane » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:21 pm

Hi Stoney & NEStag,

I absolutely get your frustration and take on board your comments regarding the queues for kiosks at half-time.
The kiosk manager is desperately trying to resolve these issues…..as well as being short-staffed we haven’t been able to buy in bottled alcohol for one reason or another and having to pour from cans is such a slow process.
The suggestion of a separate stall just for beers is a good idea, i’ll definitely discuss it at this end and see if we can get those queues moving quicker, we certainly don’t want you to be waiting all that time and miss the match.
Thanks in advance for your patience whilst we get this sorted,
Diane
MTFC SLO - Diane
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stoney » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:32 am

Thankyou Diane.

I agree with NEStag about the seperate stall and is something I've suggested before. I understand you're struggling to source bottles at the minute but when you manage to get them again a seperate bottle bar would be a brilliant addition.

The only problem being is I don't know if there is space to put it anywhere now. It could've gone under the stand at the far end (closest to the Bishop Street side) but that space has been filled with children's activities of some sort now.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:26 am

MTFC SLO - Diane wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Hi Diane. I’ve bought a ticket on Stagstickets for the Sutton game. I think I’ve asked for it to be posted. Nothing arrived yet. I’ve clicked on the contact us link on the website but the link is broken. How do I get in touch ?

Hi
Could you send me a pm or email with your name and phone number, we’ll check the progress of your order on the system and give you a call
Cheers
Diane

diane.ceney@mansfieldtown.net

Hi thanks. Email sent
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:22 pm

QLE kiosks bad today, long queues and sold out pies etc. Losing revenue
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:55 pm

Suggestion: when ticket office capacity/staffing is limited, allow QLE members to purchase on the day. Not all fans live close by the ground so can’t nip down in the week. Reliant on phones being available and answered which understandably was tough this week.
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby stewartstag » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:43 pm

Couple of points, do we know when reserved stickers will be on all the seats in the upper west and can we have the half time draw number on the scoreboard please as it is still very difficult to hear announcements in the upper west.
stewartstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:24 pm

Hi Diane, I was wondering if we may consider upping our kiosk food game in the future?
Teams that put on speciality foods, or even something outside of the usual "pies and sausage rolls" really show themselves as wanting to stand above the rest in terms of the match day experience, this I'm sure would go a ways to accolades we know we can achieve.

Morecambe are famed for their pies and I think it's an achievable niche to be very proud of. (I seem to recall a place in Woodhouse won best pies in the UK?)

Or even something as simple as "loaded fries" or bombay potatoes, or nachos (best part of the cinema, sells well and "keeps") would be really popular I'm sure.
Could possibly even do smaller versions of Sandy Pate menu meals as a good advertisment for business? Idk.
Anyway, I hope to hear from you on this...

And yes, I have been looking at the "Footy Scran" Twitter page, it is a truly beautiful thing to behold, check it out :D
Last edited by HitchcocksShins on Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:30 pm

Footy Scran on Twitter is brilliant. Some rate snap on there.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFC SLO - Diane » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:13 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:Suggestion: when ticket office capacity/staffing is limited, allow QLE members to purchase on the day. Not all fans live close by the ground so can’t nip down in the week. Reliant on phones being available and answered which understandably was tough this week.

You’re right, it was very busy last week, we sincerely apologise to everyone who tried phoning but were unable to get to speak with anyone at the club. On this occasion under the circumstances, QL discounted ticket prices were being honoured for any members that called on Saturday, who hadn’t been able to get through by phone during the week.
Thanks for your message
Diane
MTFC SLO - Diane
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFC SLO - Diane » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:27 pm

stewartstag wrote:Couple of points, do we know when reserved stickers will be on all the seats in the upper west and can we have the half time draw number on the scoreboard please as it is still very difficult to hear announcements in the upper west.

Hi Stewartstag,
Thanks for your message….we have the reserved seat stickers in the ticket office, if you could pick one up next time you’re at the stadium for your seat.
Great shout about putting the winning 50/50 ticket number on the new scoreboard
Cheers
Diane
MTFC SLO - Diane
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFC SLO - Diane » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:06 am

HitchcocksShins wrote:Hi Diane, I was wondering if we may consider upping our kiosk food game in the future?
Teams that put on speciality foods, or even something outside of the usual "pies and sausage rolls" really show themselves as wanting to stand above the rest in terms of the match day experience, this I'm sure would go a ways to accolades we know we can achieve.

Morecambe are famed for their pies and I think it's an achievable niche to be very proud of. (I seem to recall a place in Woodhouse won best pies in the UK?)

Or even something as simple as "loaded fries" or bombay potatoes, or nachos (best part of the cinema, sells well and "keeps") would be really popular I'm sure.
Could possibly even do smaller versions of Sandy Pate menu meals as a good advertisment for business? Idk.
Anyway, I hope to hear from you on this...

And yes, I have been looking at the "Footy Scran" Twitter page, it is a truly beautiful thing to behold, check it out :D

Hi there, thanks a lot for your suggestions, i’ve just had a look at the ‘Footy Scran’ Twitter page as well….some delicious looking food!
I’ll certainly pass on the recommendation at this end to see if we can introduce a bit of variety to our kiosks.
Thanks again!
MTFC SLO - Diane
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Rustystag » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:30 pm

MTFC SLO - Diane wrote:Hi,

I’ve started this thread so that if anyone has any suggestions or views about anything Mansfield Town FC related, they can hopefully be shared and discussed on here. However, if anyone has any issues that they would personally like to discuss, I am more than happy for you to email me diane.ceney@mansfieldtown.net or call the club number 01623 482482 (opt 6), if I’m not able to answer, please leave me a voicemail and be assured that I will call you back.

Martin, is it possible to keep this thread somewhere on the first page please, so that it’s quick and easy to find? Many thanks

Take care,
Diane

Hi Diane

So my 8 year old boy is stags mad, he's had an idea

He would really like some mansfield town bedding.

Now I understand there be a cost to the club to get it in but maybe ask the fans to vote to see what they would like to see in the shop?

The staff that work in there do an excellent job

Thanks
Rustystag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Big yella » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:45 am

Rustystag wrote:
MTFC SLO - Diane wrote:Hi,

Take care,
Diane

Hi Diane

So my 8 year old boy is stags mad, he's had an idea

He would really like some mansfield town bedding.

Now I understand there be a cost to the club to get it in but maybe ask the fans to vote to see what they would like to see in the shop?

The staff that work in there do an excellent job

Thanks

Redbubble sell them on the internet , but they are disgustingly expensive.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum