{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FA Cup Rd2 away to Doncaster - confirmed Sat 3pm

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: FA Cup Rd2 away to Doncaster - confirmed Sat 3pm

Postby Amberheart » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:01 pm

BoughtonStag71 wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:At the Keep Quiet poxy little ice hockey ground for the England game, soulless ground, looking forward to the Stags taking it over Saturday lol

so flat one dimensional, already given it a burst of “Yellows”

How is it at the keepquiet, sounds boring so far :lol:

Another 8-0 before half time would do me on Saturday :D
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:49 pm

Yorkie it would be much appreciated if you could describe in fine detail all twenty goals....many thanks :lol:
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby Dan » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:57 pm

Donny have only scored 19 all Season!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:59 pm

Mansfield fans are behind the goal and have the blocks on both sides next to the penalty area

https://tothe92.co.uk/groundguide/doncaster.html
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:58 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Mansfield fans are behind the goal and have the blocks on both sides next to the penalty area

https://tothe92.co.uk/groundguide/doncaster.html

i thought as much, what’s worrying is there is no segregation from home fans, can only see this ending in tears
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:16 pm

They normally put a strip of black netting down. One is shown on the East Stand side where the Stags curve round the side and two blocks of seats are not for sale to home fans on the West Stand side near the away end. They will probably use that as an overspill area and put a row of stewards there.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:04 am

On the England game, I recken the Beermen could have put out their reserves with Gibbo in goal and still have rattled in a dozen against Latvia. Some of the womens games are so one sided it's unreal.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:27 am

Anyone know what's the latest on this regarding where you sit, is it in your allocated seat as per the ticket or anywhere you like?
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:55 am

scotsstag wrote:Anyone know what's the latest on this regarding where you sit, is it in your allocated seat as per the ticket or anywhere you like?

I really do think that a seat number is on a ticket for the purpose of getting the ticket holder to sit in that particular seat.

It would be mayhem if 3300 visiting supporters were milling around picking where they want to sit and ignoring their ticket.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:01 am

Yes, so do I.
But that is not what I asked.
An earlier post stated that the stewards at Donny don't care where anyone sits..
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:28 am

I thought he came on as a sub at Sunderland and if that’s correct he’s already cup tied so no reason not to let him play.
Edit

No just checked and it was Forrester I was thinking of. Ignore my ramblings :oops: :oops:
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:36 am

scotsstag wrote:Yes, so do I.
An earlier post stated that the stewards at Donny don't care where anyone sits..

for the England game Tuesday nobody sat in correct seats, stewards never came into the stand, bit different to our lot :lol:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:45 am

scotsstag wrote:Yes, so do I.

Didn't see that, sorry if I took the wrong angle on your post.

Take care if you are goung.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:51 am

There is no way you are going to get 3300 people sat in their correct seats, people will just sit where they want, rightly or wrongly.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:20 am

oldweststander wrote:
scotsstag wrote:Anyone know what's the latest on this regarding where you sit, is it in your allocated seat as per the ticket or anywhere you like?

I really do think that a seat number is on a ticket for the purpose of getting the ticket holder to sit in that particular seat.

It would be mayhem if 3300 visiting supporters were milling around picking where they want to sit and ignoring their ticket.

I don't think I've ever sat in my correct seat at an away game or ever been asked to. When we've taken big followings to Notts and Chesterfield, people have just gone wherever they wanted. Will be the same on Saturday.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:01 pm

ParisStag wrote:
oldweststander wrote:

I don't think I've ever sat in my correct seat at an away game or ever been asked to. When we've taken big followings to Notts and Chesterfield, people have just gone wherever they wanted. Will be the same on Saturday.

Get there early and go to your own seat. If someone’s in it politely ask them to move while there’s still plenty of room.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:11 pm

ParisStag wrote:
oldweststander wrote:

It will, its mostly down to the congregation of the "singing section" who are likely to have seats in various areas of the ground but get together behind the goal. I'll follow the guidance from the stewards but as others have said, it is likely they'll neither have the manpower or desire to ensure 3.3k people sit in the right seats.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:02 pm

It’s going to be carnage.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:03 pm

Dan wrote:It’s going to be carnage.

:D that it will
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby AJStag » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:17 pm

Team formation is tough enough without worrying about crowd formation !
AJStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ParisStag » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:46 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
oldweststander wrote:

Get there early and go to your own seat. If someone’s in it politely ask them to move while there’s still plenty of room.

If you've ever been to an away game and asked someone to move from your seat, you'll know the standard response is "it's sit where you want, mate".

Not that I'm bothered. I'll sit anywhere.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:12 pm

On BBC East Midlands news it says the planned EMR rail strike is now cancelled, presume quite a few were going by rail so that's good news ( unless you're a Christmas shopper of course) . :shock:
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:03 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MansfieldMick » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:42 am

2 spare bus places now available to Doncaster with match tickets due to illness. Ring 07852 212201 or 07832 263804 for more details.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Conker » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:58 am

It’s unallocated seating.
Conker
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum