{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Mid table by Christmas

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Mid table by Christmas

Postby adamstag » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:44 am

diablo wrote:
adamstag wrote:
diablo wrote:Well my prediction of mid table by Christmas its starting to look a definite possibility

predict again

Will do after Christmas :D

Haha keep it up pal.

I note the anti clough posts have stopped and all of a sudden now we have half a side to play form had picked up a little.

Whereas i’d have hoped for something from stevenage i didn’t really expect anything from tranmere or stevenage so they’re a welcome bonus, scunny was always the game that looked the ding dong 6 pointer, which is slightly less the case now.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:56 am

Being critical of Clough isn’t the same thing as being ‘anti’ Clough.

The reason we are in the pickle we are is because of poor transfer business and playing players who are carrying knocks.

It’s great that we have strung some results together, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

The Stevenage game could have been a very different result and we appear to have 3/4 big player out injured again.

Plenty of work to do yet
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:04 am

adamstag wrote:
diablo wrote:
adamstag wrote:
diablo wrote:Well my prediction of mid table by Christmas its starting to look a definite possibility

predict again

Haha keep it up pal.

I note the anti clough posts have stopped and all of a sudden now we have half a side to play form had picked up a little.

Whereas i’d have hoped for something from stevenage i didn’t really expect anything from tranmere or stevenage so they’re a welcome bonus, scunny was always the game that looked the ding dong 6 pointer, which is slightly less the case now.

Arguably it's our easiest game of t'season so far. A win could mean us being in touching distance of the heady heights of mid table.
It is however one of those games where we so often cluck up. Hopefully Saturday's not one of them.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:37 am

kevin kents tasce wrote:Being critical of Clough isn’t the same thing as being ‘anti’ Clough.

The reason we are in the pickle we are is because of poor transfer business and playing players who are carrying knocks.

It’s great that we have strung some results together, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

The Stevenage game could have been a very different result and we appear to have 3/4 big player out injured again.

Plenty of work to do yet

Spot on
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:53 pm

Spiritater wrote:
adamstag wrote:
diablo wrote:
adamstag wrote:

predict again

Haha keep it up pal.

Arguably it's our easiest game of t'season so far. A win could mean us being in touching distance of the heady heights of mid table.
It is however one of those games where we so often cluck up. Hopefully Saturday's not one of them.

I’ve noticed scunthorpe haven’t won away yet this season. You know what’s coming :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:32 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:Being critical of Clough isn’t the same thing as being ‘anti’ Clough.

Plenty of work to do yet

Being critical is so easy on your poor transfer business, Bishop, Quinn, Hawkins, Oates, Johnson, Lapslie, Hewitt, thats 7 im happy with at least 5 have won man of the match.
Nartey Forester, Gale, Stirk, these players will have a lot to offer, and we could put O"Toole into the mix, and all clubs play players carrying knocks.
The Stevenage result was got in spite of Lapslie, Maris, Oates having to come off injured.
Oh having 3/4 players injured is that Cloughs fault, believe me no one in the club are getting ahead of them selves,
only 2 points of 16th in the league table, with 90 points to play for
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:34 pm

bear 73 wrote:

Plenty of work to do yet

Being critical is so easy on your poor transfer business, Bishop, Quinn, Hawkins, Oates, Johnson, Lapslie, Hewitt, thats 7 im happy with at least 5 have won man of the match.
Nartey Forester, Gale, Stirk, these players will have a lot to offer, and we could put O"Toole into the mix, and all clubs play players carrying knocks.
The Stevenage result was got in spite of Lapslie, Maris, Oates having to come off injured.
Oh having 3/4 players injured is that Cloughs fault, believe me no one in the club are getting ahead of them selves,
only 2 points of 16th in the league table, with 90 points to play for

Pointless having that debate with someone who isn’t a supporter of the club and will always take the manager’s side.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:53 pm

I’m not hostile towards Bear and Broomo, but I agree with Belly here.

Bear is too partisan towards Clough to have a discussion where he is subject to fair criticism.

I keep being really careful how I word my posts, but I repeat - he is not beyond criticism.

The transfer dealings have been central to our problems.

Not enough cover in defence and when cover was signed they were last minute desperation signings.

Lapslie wasn’t really a Clough signing.

Hewitt, Oates and Johnson have all picked up in the last few games, but the jury is still out in my opinion.

Quinn has been excellent.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:24 pm

diablo wrote:Just checked out the fixture list and the next six League games could yield us 14 points out of 18

Tranmere 1 point minimum 3 points
Stevenage 3 points 3 points
Scunthorpe 3 points 3 points
Sutton minimum 1point
Crawley 3 points
Carlisle 3 points

9 out of 9.
I would be over the moon with coming out of the next 3 games undefeated.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:36 pm

Oh having 3/4 players injured is that Cloughs fault

No but it could be David Waldie!!

!4 games into the season and Cloughie previously said Bowery wasn't fully match fit.

Why not follow Rafa Benitez at Everton and change the fitness coach to reduce the number of players out with injury
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:58 pm

sunray wrote:

!4 games into the season and Cloughie previously said Bowery wasn't fully match fit.

Why not follow Rafa Benitez at Everton and change the fitness coach to reduce the number of players out with injury

A good number of the injuries we’ve sustained have been impact injuries rather than anything to do with a fitness coach.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:15 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
sunray wrote:

A good number of the injuries we’ve sustained have been impact injuries rather than anything to do with a fitness coach.

Re Bowery, don't forget he had Covid in pre season and it can leave you with lingering problems. He seems to be approaching his best form again right now, hope Saturdays injury isn't going to keep him out tomorrow at Sutton.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:53 pm

I didn't think Bowery was all that good on Saturday..worked hard but should have scored with the one on one and the goal he scored had an element of luck about it . I don't expect him to be here next Season , the main thing is we are now three wins out of three and everyone trying their best . Not sure about O'Toole yet, I think Rawson is a tad better
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:13 pm

oldweststander wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
sunray wrote:

Re Bowery, don't forget he had Covid in pre season and it can leave you with lingering problems. He seems to be approaching his best form again right now, hope Saturdays injury isn't going to keep him out tomorrow at Sutton.

Bowery played CB for some friendlies.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MHStag » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:47 am

diablo wrote:I didn't think Bowery was all that good on Saturday..worked hard but should have scored with the one on one and the goal he scored had an element of luck about it . I don't expect him to be here next Season , the main thing is we are now three wins out of three and everyone trying their best . Not sure about O'Toole yet, I think Rawson is a tad better

O'toole has been crucial for the up turn in form IMO. Seems like his experience/organising/attitude raises the games of those around him.
MHStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkstag » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:05 am

O’Toole is well worth another year . I agree that he he’s been a big factor in the change in form.

Far more reliable than Rawson in my view.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:17 am

diablo wrote:I didn't think Bowery was all that good on Saturday..worked hard but should have scored with the one on one and the goal he scored had an element of luck about it . I don't expect him to be here next Season , the main thing is we are now three wins out of three and everyone trying their best . Not sure about O'Toole yet, I think Rawson is a tad better

Bowery had a fine game, it was a fine save to deny his first chance and he scored, he also held the ball up to relieve pressure, something we really missed when he went off. O'Toole has been very good, we've won every game he has played! Other than that I agree with you :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:51 pm

O’Toole great replacement for Perch
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:10 pm

Watch it loose cannon
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:44 pm

The pre Christmas league fixtures left are:

Carlisle and Salford at home
FGR away

I'd take 5 points and be elated with 6 from that.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:18 pm

It was nice to see saturday us start with a forward, the likes of bowery do try hard but are ultimately conference players, he does try but when you actually have a decent forward uptop……

The results after injuries have been encouraging and confidence breeds success, under clough we seem to have this odd ability to go ages without a win then win loads all together then repeat, so after sutton i was rather nervous.

Apart from FGR (where we won last season) the fixtures in december are decent on paper
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:06 pm

adamstag wrote:It was nice to see saturday us start with a forward, the likes of bowery do try hard but are ultimately conference players, he does try but when you actually have a decent forward uptop……

The results after injuries have been encouraging and confidence breeds success, under clough we seem to have this odd ability to go ages without a win then win loads all together then repeat, so after sutton i was rather nervous.

Apart from FGR (where we won last season) the fixtures in december are decent on paper

Bowery is a target forward to hold up play & bring other team mates into play, other words scared to shoot or just not very good at it!

managers must spend hours with him coaching him to take a shot etc, however it’s just not his game
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:15 pm

diablo wrote:Just checked out the fixture list and the next six League games could yield us 14 points out of 18

Tranmere 1 point minimum
Stevenage 3 points
Scunthorpe 3 points
Sutton minimum 1point
Crawley 3 points
Carlisle 3 points

Should be enough to see us rise to mid table and about time we played some of the lower position teams as well

If we don't achieve the above then sadly Mr Clough will have to go..if he goes after the Tranmere game then ANY new Manager should have a dream start with that fixture list

Great Call

1 Match to go and we could better you prediction with a win and that would be amazing , 15 points :clap: :clap:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:16 pm

Carlisle wont be pushovers but the form were in now is exceptional and hopefully with a few more wins and some results going in our favour we will be right up there
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:59 pm

Well your prediction of 14 out of 18 isn't coming true. Its either 12, 13 or 15. I think you need an optician to sort some clearer glasses. ;) :D

Seriously though, great predicting.

What's the lottery numbers and the points from the 8 after Carlisle?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum