{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Mid table by Christmas

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Mid table by Christmas

Postby Spiritater » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:08 am

I just think we aren't very good and anything more than 7 points would be be cause for celebration as our ppg is less than one atm.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:13 am

Pick up more points than Scunthorpe, Oldham and stevenage is all we need to do.

Then plenty of movement in Jan.

Rochdale keen to have O'keefe on a permanent asap but can get him on a free in the summer, interested to see if the club still thinks Kellan is the better RB.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:25 am

diablo wrote:Well there you go...I have received considerable flak in the recent past and told I am too negative about the state of the team and the current Manager's failings and yet here we are at the bottom of the pile...And now I look at the next 6 games and the think if it's going to get turned around then the next 6 games will make or break it. Broomo Bless him seems to think I'm setting up my forecast so I can then say its all a failure...Duh you just gotta laugh..See you all tomorrow COYS

To be fair, you did say "if we don't achieve the above then sadly Mr Clough has to go"

So pretty much any less than 14 points and you'll be on here saying it's a failure.

If we get 13 points I'll be as happy as Larry.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:31 pm

broomo wrote:
diablo wrote:Well there you go...I have received considerable flak in the recent past and told I am too negative about the state of the team and the current Manager's failings and yet here we are at the bottom of the pile...And now I look at the next 6 games and the think if it's going to get turned around then the next 6 games will make or break it. Broomo Bless him seems to think I'm setting up my forecast so I can then say its all a failure...Duh you just gotta laugh..See you all tomorrow COYS

To be fair, you did say "if we don't achieve the above then sadly Mr Clough has to go"

So pretty much any less than 14 points and you'll be on here saying it's a failure.

If we get 13 points I'll be as happy as Larry.

To be honest I really hope my forecast happens but to get anywhere near it would be good and we will be playing teams we are capable of beating with a full squad...lets wait and see with fingers crossed COYS
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby nigegray » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:38 pm

Get Hawkins back up front get johnson with him get some wingers
Hit the box Hawkins will get goals box striker Johnson will feed off him and get goals with the right service
Cant you see this Mr Clough
nigegray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby lifestags » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:53 pm

I think it will be Hawkins and Sinclair up top tomorrow
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:29 pm

nigegray wrote:Get Hawkins back up front get johnson with him get some wingers
Hit the box Hawkins will get goals box striker Johnson will feed off him and get goals with the right service

Johnson has been really, really poor this season, can't you see this Mr Gray? Hawkins had to play CB due to injuries. Which wingers are you picking, the ones we don't have or the ones injured?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:40 pm

Rob wrote:

Johnson has been really, really poor this season, can't you see this Mr Gray? Hawkins had to play CB due to injuries. Which wingers are you picking, the ones we don't have or the ones injured?

Robert, don't forget the injured wingers are our first choice full backs :lol: what a shambles of a squad he's assembled
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:27 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Rob wrote:

Robert, don't forget the injured wingers are our first choice full backs :lol: what a shambles of a squad he's assembled

Still can't pick players who are injured can he? It's not hard to understand.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:56 pm

Rob wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Rob wrote:

Still can't pick players who are injured can he? It's not hard to understand.

True Rob..shame he didn't think we needed decent full backs in the summer, still a shambles however you dress it up
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:00 am

There should only be Perch and Gordon missing from NC starting 11 against Brovers , the one he keeps saying was his best and would not be in this position now if all fit...

Cant keep using injuries as a reason for defeats...

We need to start picking up points...

Getting Hawkins back up top and the fab 4 in midfield is the first steps to this....

Hopefully this will be the team today

Bishop

Clarke Hewitt Faz Macca

Maris
Clarke Quinn
Laps

DJ Hawkins
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:17 am

Captain Cunno wrote:There should only be Perch and Gordon missing from NC starting 11 against Brovers , the one he keeps saying was his best and would not be in this position now if all fit...

Getting Hawkins back up top and the fab 4 in midfield is the first steps to this....

Bishop

Clarke Hewitt Faz Macca

Maris
Clarke Quinn
Laps

DJ Hawkins

Lapslie is suspended.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:24 am

I think we may see Hewitt in for Clarke if he's fit, then it will be down to whether either O'Toole or Forrester are seen as ready for selection or not as to whether we can afford to put Ollie back up top.

I'd love us to be able to field
Bishop
Hewitt, Forrester, Rawson, Macca
Clarke, Maris, Quinn, Oates
Johnson, Hawkins

but can see it being very different if any of Macca, Hewitt or Forrester aren't quite ready.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:24 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:There should only be Perch and Gordon missing from NC starting 11 against Brovers , the one he keeps saying was his best and would not be in this position now if all fit...

Bishop

Clarke Hewitt Faz Macca

Maris
Clarke Quinn
Laps

DJ Hawkins

Lapslie is suspended.

I just hope that waste of space Bowery is nowhere near the starting line up
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby nigegray » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:38 pm

Rob wrote:

Rob im saying we need some wingers at the club
Johnson has been poor because of this hes a box striker who thrives on service into the box
Take u back to jimmy mcaffrey on wing hit the byline if Ray clarke didnt get it Terry Eccles did,
Thats my point and what we need imo.
nigegray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby diablo » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:40 pm

diablo wrote:Just checked out the fixture list and the next six League games could yield us 14 points out of 18

Tranmere 1 point minimum
Stevenage 3 points
Scunthorpe 3 points
Sutton minimum 1point
Crawley 3 points
Carlisle 3 points

Should be enough to see us rise to mid table and about time we played some of the lower position teams as well

If we don't achieve the above then sadly Mr Clough will have to go..if he goes after the Tranmere game then ANY new Manager should have a dream start with that fixture list

Well that's 3 well earned points towards my forecast...onward and upwards...COYS
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:42 pm

16 points now, diablo? ;)
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:45 pm

:coys:
diablo wrote:
diablo wrote:Just checked out the fixture list and the next six League games could yield us 14 points out of 18

Tranmere 1 point minimum
Stevenage 3 points
Scunthorpe 3 points
Sutton minimum 1point
Crawley 3 points
Carlisle 3 points

Should be enough to see us rise to mid table and about time we played some of the lower position teams as well

If we don't achieve the above then sadly Mr Clough will have to go..if he goes after the Tranmere game then ANY new Manager should have a dream start with that fixture list

Well that's 3 well earned points towards my forecast...onward and upwards...COYS

Nostradamus!
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:23 pm

nigegray wrote:
Rob wrote:

Rob im saying we need some wingers at the club
Johnson has been poor because of this hes a box striker who thrives on service into the box
Take u back to jimmy mcaffrey on wing hit the byline if Ray clarke didnt get it Terry Eccles did,
Thats my point and what we need imo.

I don't think Clough plays with wingers, which is probably why he didn't bring any in. I do wish we were a little more flexible with our formations but I think it is pretty clear how we are going to set up. When it works it's great, like today, but at present the squad isn't strong enough when key players are missing.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:40 pm

I’m sure he played 4-3-3 at Burton. He even referenced it in some early interviews if I remember correctly.

I think he’s just trying to play the shape which best suits our squad. Our midfield 4 is still as strong as any in the division and we have good depth there too.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:09 pm

gazza1988 wrote:16 points now, diablo? ;)

When we missed that penalty I thought " here we go again" then they had a goal disallowed and I thought Lady Luck is with us us..then. Bishop makes a brilliant save and then I just knew we were going to win..I think the players knew that too. We made Tranmere look very ordinary..Thought Rawson was awesome today and with Hawkins ( Mr Cool) alongside him I now think we should keep that Combination..next game..Lapslie back and barring injuries and I think we will win again..Thought Oates was previously not very good but on todays performance he was outstanding. Feeling really good tonight COYS
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby diablo » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:50 pm

Well my prediction of mid table by Christmas its starting to look a definite possibility
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:30 pm

diablo wrote:Well my prediction of mid table by Christmas its starting to look a definite possibility

predict again
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:36 pm

diablo wrote:Well my prediction of mid table by Christmas its starting to look a definite possibility

Said after the game if we beat Scunthorpe next week we will end up being top 10 in a few weeks
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:50 am

adamstag wrote:

predict again

Will do after Christmas :D
diablo
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum