{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Port vale match thread sponsored by lightning striking twice

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Port vale match thread sponsored by lightning striking twice

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:52 pm

Sooo, i’ve not done one before and hopefully this might somehow get the boys to win.

When we played port vale last season we hadn’t won at home in nearly a year, it was also the first time we’d won back to back in over a year at the time.

Maybe a high flying side might come unstuck on a Tuesday night by the odd goal and history will repeat itself.

I’m going to go for a 1-0 mansfield win.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Re: Port vale match thread sponsored by lightning striking t

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:13 pm

We stand absolutely no chance of winning this.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Arnolds Rod » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:38 pm

Bookies have Vale at 6/4. They are starting to take into account how rubbish we are in their pricing. 45/1 on a three goal Vale handicap.
Arnolds Rod
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:20 pm

The team are embarrassingly poor, as a season ticket holder I may even give it a miss. They seem to not be bothered so why should I.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:25 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:We stand absolutely no chance of winning this.

Which means Stags will win :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:37 pm

Flitcroft sat in the West Stand, watching his team cruise to a 4-0 win, laughing all the way back to Stoke. Twice a failure, what does that make the present incumbent..
Last edited by bigalstag1 on Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:39 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:We stand absolutely no chance of winning this.

Which means Stags will win :lol:

I’ll be amazed if we score
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:10 pm

The last thing we need is David Flitcroft coming back to Field Mill on Tuesday night to deliver the kiss of death and getting his revenge on JR.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:12 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The last thing we need is David Flitcroft coming back to Field Mill on Tuesday night to deliver the kiss of death and getting his revenge on JR.

Could write a book about this... it would be so typical if that happened.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:29 pm

Mal Benning's goal today
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:06 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The last thing we need is David Flitcroft coming back to Field Mill on Tuesday night to deliver the kiss of death and getting his revenge on JR.

.....and then we'll draw Coxy's Kettering Town in the FA Cup (if they can beat Buxton in a replay) who will fight, scratch, bite and claw us to death :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:14 pm

Bishop
Hewitt Forrester Rawson Law (if SM Out)
Oates Clarke Maris Sinclair
Lapslie
Hawkins
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:34 pm

lifestags wrote:Bishop
Hewitt Forrester Rawson Law (if SM Out)
Oates Clarke Maris Sinclair
Lapslie
Hawkins

Clarke?? Rather have Quinn in there.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:38 pm

Forgot he was back, agreed.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby five to three » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:03 pm

Bishop
Forrester Rawson Hewitt Law
Sinclair Maris Ward Quinn
Lapslie
Hawkins
five to three
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stoney » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:13 pm

Bishop

Forrester
Rawson
Hewitt

McLaughlin
James Clarke

Quinn
Maris
Clarke

Johnson
Hawkins

5-3-2 with wing backs.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:43 pm

Mariss won't be playing Tuesday If Clough does as he said by following the guidelines to the letter.
I don't know if he'll go defensive with Hawkins at the back and rely on the midfield to shoot on site, as long as we don't try the direct approach like Saturday that just didn't work.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:24 pm

Here come the boring Flitcroft posts :roll: If Vale win it will have nothing to do with him, it's Darrell Clarke who is the manager.

Anyway I think we will win 2-0.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:58 pm

Dan wrote:Here come the boring Flitcroft posts :roll: If Vale win it will have nothing to do with him, it's Darrell Clarke who is the manager.

So far I doubt flitcroft has even implemented anything, directors of football put a long term strategy in place. Might have suggested a few players but Dan's right. Nowt to do with him
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:02 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:Here come the boring Flitcroft posts :roll: If Vale win it will have nothing to do with him, it's Darrell Clarke who is the manager.

So far I doubt flitcroft has even implemented anything, directors of football put a long term strategy in place. Might have suggested a few players but Dan's right. Nowt to do with him

Don’t be daft :lol:

Of course he’s had an impact. I watched a long interview with Clarke, Flitcroft and the owner where they were talking about theirs plan for this season and the way they were hoping to structure the club. It was quite impressive.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:20 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Of course he’s had an impact. I watched a long interview with Clarke, Flitcroft and the owner where they were talking about theirs plan for this season and the way they were hoping to structure the club. It was quite impressive.

I saw it too but you're not seriously suggesting they've done all that in 3 months are you?!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:26 pm

Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

I saw it too but you're not seriously suggesting they've done all that in 3 months are you?!

No, but to say he’s had no impact is ridiculous. But it doesn’t surprise me as you won’t have a good word said about the man.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:37 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Didn't say he's not had an impact. Read it again

Doubt it's been a huge impact that quickly. Plans might sound nice but will take a while the fully see the benefits. Again probably had a bit of say with a couple of transfers in a short space of time.

I'll try and find it you, not to prove a point or anything it's just interesting about Liverpool and their owners strategy. Plans for year one sounded wonderful and they got off to a good start but wasn't untill 2/3/4 years later their plans really started to work for them. Salah and co becoming superstars and them not paying much with a low net spend isnt an accident. Bare with while I find it, it's how I wish we operated
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:38 pm

Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Nail on the head
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:51 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

No, but to say he’s had no impact is ridiculous. But it doesn’t surprise me as you won’t have a good word said about the man.

What impact do you think he's had then.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum