{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Clough in

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Clough in

Postby sunray » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:26 pm

Stick with Nigel but change some of his backroom staff.

Get rid of Simon - his recruitment has been poor at best. He only knows Burton!!!

David Waldie and Andy Garner - 14 games into the season and Nigel is saying Bowery is not fully match fit. Is this indicative of the whole team under performing.

It's time Nigel stopped blaming individual players and looked closer to home. If Nigel doesn't accept these changes then resign.

Strangely I still have faith in Nigel himself but he needs to get a grip on his backroom staff.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:47 pm

Arnolds Rod wrote:Forest pulled the trigger and Cooper appears to be turning things around. Sometimes having a new face with fresh ideas can turn failing companies and clubs around.

And sometimes it can’t.

Give him the four games against the relegation rivals and look again. I think we will have pulled clear with 10 points out of the 12.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:50 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Arnolds Rod wrote:Forest pulled the trigger and Cooper appears to be turning things around. Sometimes having a new face with fresh ideas can turn failing companies and clubs around.

And sometimes it can’t.

Give him the four games against the relegation rivals and look again. I think we will have pulled clear with 10 points out of the 12.

i agree.

if we’ve still not won in those games he needs the boot.

Exeter was never going to be an easy game and i said tranmere won’t be either - hence my original point of saying it might get worse before it gets better.

The likes of stevenage, scunthorpe, sutton and carlisle need to produce wins, if not then he needs to go
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:03 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:I don’t trust him anymore do you ?

He’s failed

I'm as disappointed as you are !

Do I trust him to get us out of this mess, yes I do.

Clubs who perpetually change managers get nowhere. Look at Cheaterfield and Notts.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby ian23 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:09 pm

Watching this season unfold is horrific, sick of struggling since our play off loss, problem is there is no one else manager-wise who I would trust to turn it around, there has to be a big window in jan
ian23
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby ian23 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:11 pm

I would add that the recent recruitment has been a massive factor and NC has to take responsibility and sort it
ian23
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Steve North » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:23 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:I don’t trust him anymore do you ?

He’s failed

I'm as disappointed as you are !

Do I trust him to get us out of this mess, yes I do.

Clubs who perpetually change managers get nowhere. Look at Cheaterfield and Notts.

This is what I keep coming back to - both Notts and Chesterfield went into a spiral of firing, appointing and firing managers. It made no difference in the end. They both went down. I feel we are following the same pattern, which I think we have been in for a while now. Bad decisions have been made. We compound those with further bad decisions. Would firing Clough follow that desperate pattern ? Maybe.

I feel we have a final throw of the dice in Jan, so it comes down to whether the decision makers trust Clough to bring in the right kind of players and manage them in the right way to overcome this challenge. At the moment we have the look of a team set on relegation about us. We will see.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby Arnolds Rod » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:32 pm

adamstag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:

And sometimes it can’t.

i agree.

if we’ve still not won in those games he needs the boot.

Exeter was never going to be an easy game and i said tranmere won’t be either - hence my original point of saying it might get worse before it gets better.

The likes of stevenage, scunthorpe, sutton and carlisle need to produce wins, if not then he needs to go

Don't forget we played Oldham and were lucky to get a draw.
Arnolds Rod
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:38 pm

ian23 wrote:I would add that the recent recruitment has been a massive factor and NC has to take responsibility and sort it

I agree recruitment has been underwhelming. But the injury list is also a big factor.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:56 pm

I’ve had my fill of the ‘how could we do better than Clough we’re little old Mansfield’ argument. I’m struggling to see how anyone could be doing any worse at the moment.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:39 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I’ve had my fill of the ‘how could we do better than Clough we’re little old Mansfield’ argument. I’m struggling to see how anyone could be doing any worse at the moment.

Who would you get then
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:47 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I’ve had my fill of the ‘how could we do better than Clough we’re little old Mansfield’ argument. I’m struggling to see how anyone could be doing any worse at the moment.

Who would you get then

Interview people. Do some research. Don’t get seduced by a name. Go and find the best young coaches in the country.

Take a look at the current top seven. No big name managers. Young, hungry coaches in the most part.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:50 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:

Who would you get then

Interview people. Do some research. Don’t get seduced by a name. Go and find the best young coaches in the country.

Take a look at the current top seven. No big name managers. Young, hungry coaches in the most part.

I’m not saying you’re right and i’m not saying you’re wrong but if any change is bad it’s got to be spot on, sack him like county and chesterfield did when they went down and we will join them.

Give him 5 more games and see where he’s upto and go from there.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:54 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:

Who would you get then

Young? We had Murray dempster and coughlan all flipping raspberry
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:56 pm

I genuinely can't wait to sack Clough and then come next Ocotber hound his replacement out. The players might be tripe at the minute but our fans are no better
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:05 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:I genuinely can't wait to sack Clough and then come next Ocotber hound his replacement out. The players might be tripe at the minute but our fans are no better

spot on
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:07 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:

Who would you get then

Young? We had Murray dempster and coughlan all flipping raspberry

And none of those fit the criteria I’d be looking for.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:07 pm

An assistant manager from higher up? A player towards the end of his career as player manager? A manager who has experience in this league to at the right end of the table?

We've tried promoting within, we've tried poaching a manager from higher up who did well in his first 6 months or so in his first job, we've tried a well respected manager with a good record.

In fairness though. If we give Clough 5 more league games then it puts him to December. That could be perfect. Get applications in and prospective managers can then plan for the Jan window and then we can appoint a manager before the window opens. Again the cost for getting rid could be too high for us to pay off so we may have to hope for a turnaround.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:49 pm

adamstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:

Who would you get then

I’m not saying you’re right and i’m not saying you’re wrong but if any change is bad it’s got to be spot on, sack him like county and chesterfield did when they went down and we will join them.

We will be 5/6 points adrift by then... Too late
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:10 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
adamstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:

Who would you get then

We will be 5/6 points adrift by then... Too late

What’s tuesdays lottery numbers?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:13 am

Tranmere : L
Stevenage : L
Scunthorpe : D
Sutton :L
Crawley :L

One point from next 5 games is my prediction if we stick with Nige... Will be too late trust me
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby smulls » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:49 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:Tranmere : L

One point from next 5 games is my prediction if we stick with Nige... Will be too late trust me

Piss off, Spirite!
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:10 am

smulls wrote:

Piss off, Spirite!

Fascinating input smulls

If i was a Spirite why would i lie about it? Far more embarrassing being a stags fan at present :lol:

How do you see the next 5 games?
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby west country stag » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:14 am

Cloughie keeps saying that once we get the injured players back , things will change .
... in my opinion there's only Perch in that list that we miss at all .. so things wont change that much .
Moral is low & i can only see us going one way !!!
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:20 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:
smulls wrote:

Piss off, Spirite!

Fascinating input smulls

If i was a Spirite why would i lie about it? Far more embarrassing being a stags fan at present :lol:

How do you see the next 5 games?

No it actually isn’t more embarrassing. I’m never embarrassed being a fan of this club. Mask slipped there
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum