{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Clough in

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Clough in

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:38 pm

Clough has 45 mins to turn it round before I'm in the Clough out camp.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Nottsstag100 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:43 pm

This first half has been great so far compared to the usual dross that is served up. To blame clough for us conceding and the penalty miss is utter nonsense.

Rawson needs educating in how to defend and . was Hawkins run up, looked like he should be on strictly come dancing the raspberry!

COYS BIG SECOND HALF
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:49 pm

Was a lot lot better than the dirge of late. But Clough has set the bar. That is the level of performance we need from now on.

Like I said, fairytales don't start in the dark place. This is as dark as it's been. But that performance was much much improved. A lot to be happy about despite the winless run continuing.

My worry is that we looked to have turned the corner Vs Rochdale and Orient but we fell back into old ways.

Tonight's level is the level. Nothing less from now on. Have to keep the performances up and results will follow.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:05 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Clough has 45 mins to turn it round before I'm in the Clough out camp.

Doesn't matter what camp you're in. Clough isn't going anywhere. And there will be movement in January

Players coming back, hopefully can have Hawkins upfront soon and have more bodies back and the elusive win will happen. Quinn made such a difference

I think we will go on a run like last year. Performance tonight was superb.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:19 am

Sedgwick wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Clough has 45 mins to turn it round before I'm in the Clough out camp.

Doesn't matter what camp you're in. Clough isn't going anywhere. And there will be movement in January

Players coming back, hopefully can have Hawkins upfront soon and have more bodies back and the elusive win will happen. Quinn made such a difference

Absolutely. We need some stability. Clough is that all over. It’s taking time to bed in, but with players returning from injury we’ll get there. We started well before we were ravaged by injuries. A few good signings and we’ll kick on.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:45 am

I think there’s maybe a chance (hopefully not) that it gets a little worse before any potential of it getting better, exeter away and tranmere at home will be tough, but if they actually play like they did last night it’s possible.

It’s the home games after that where we need to be focusing on and picking up those points.

Win lose or draw against exeter if they can produce that last night they can produce it again on saturday. Quinn made a massive difference
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:25 pm

I think if there was any doubt as to whether the players are still behind the manager or not then that performance last night puts it to bed.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:59 pm

Mansfield could be having a moment were with all the problems within the squad, and seeing our youth provide back up, brings a sense of belonging
Things are going wrong on the pitch, and we need players coming back, Quinn was a prime example.
What a point made by Clough, we were crap at Northampton, a view shared by the fans. Clough shoots from the hip.
The Radfords, Sharpe, Clough said their is no easy fix, it takes time.
The majority of the fans have bought into this and we feel a unity building within the club, even when things are dire .being a Mansfield fan you have to be proud of the support being given to the squad, even after a shocking run of results,
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:32 pm

Dan wrote:I think if there was any doubt as to whether the players are still behind the manager or not then that performance last night puts it to bed.

And the crowd Dan, even when a goal down I heard no dissent towards our manager. Its just a few noisy ones on here innit :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:05 pm

And Facebook..... an even higher level of jebend on there than here.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:11 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:And Facebook..... an even higher level of jebend on there than here.

Bet 50 per cent of those on there would need a sat nav to find the ground. Last night they slagged off
most of the player except Bishop.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:25 pm

The One wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:And Facebook..... an even higher level of jebend on there than here.

Bet 50 per cent of those on there would need a sat nav to find the ground. Last night they slagged off
most of the player except Bishop.

Facebook is universal football is on stagsnet
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:13 pm

FarnieStag wrote:To me, Cloughie is the best signing we've made in a long long time. Things are awful at the moment but I can also remember very dark days during the first year or two of Ian Greaves' reign.
Sacking him now will be the worst decision Radford has ever made. You simply can't keep sacking and starting again. I know I'm in the minority on here, but I'd keep Nigel if we're relegated, I'm sure he'd get us back up again very quickly. Tin hat ready.

Agreed

Given the current injury list & transfer window shut, i suspect any successor would struggle equally so, after their honeymoon period.

We've had the full gamut of manager types over the years & generally had the same problems, so I don't expect a change of gaffer would yield much right now. If we're truly in the mire come January time it might be a different story tho
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:42 pm

Yes, I schooled you there too :)
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:42 pm

Piss off Bellwhiff
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:48 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Piss off Bellwhiff

How did he manage to say piss off without getting raspberries in reply?
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:01 pm

Some posts stay up...
Some posts come down...

:lol:
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:03 pm

thefamilyvontrapp wrote:

For some bizarre reason piss and bull aren’t classed as swearing on here :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:58 pm

Dan wrote:
thefamilyvontrapp wrote:

For some bizarre reason piss and bull aren’t classed as swearing on here :lol:

We can say CLINT though can’t we?
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

Postby diablo » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:48 am

Sedgwick wrote:

Players coming back...do you mean the likes of Stirk ,Forrester , Nartey and Gordon ...plus already available Shelvey ,Sinclair and Burke...not exactly a group of key players based on what we have seen so far from them..at least we managed to find a first class Keeper and an excellent Striker cum centre half...all I wish to see is Tuesday night's effort carried on for the next 30 or so games and guarantee safety and try again next Season
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:52 am

diablo wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Players coming back...do you mean the likes of Stirk ,Forrester , Nartey and Gordon ...plus already available Shelvey ,Sinclair and Burke...not exactly a group of key players based on what we have seen so far from them..at least we managed to find a first class Keeper and an excellent Striker cum centre half...all I wish to see is Tuesday night's effort carried on for the next 30 or so games and guarantee safety and try again next Season

It will still be good to have them back as cover on the bench. Trying to put a positive spin on it rather than a negative one, that's the last thing we need more of right now
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:04 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
diablo wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

It will still be good to have them back as cover on the bench. Trying to put a positive spin on it rather than a negative one, that's the last thing we need more of right now

LOL so its good to have players back on the bench is a positive spin...you would probably try to make a silk purse out of a sows ear....Quinn made a massive difference on his return...will the players I mentioned above have the same impact..answers on a fag packet please ?
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby broomo » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:14 am

diablo wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
diablo wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

LOL so its good to have players back on the bench is a positive spin...you would probably try to make a silk purse out of a sows ear....Quinn made a massive difference on his return...will the players I mentioned above have the same impact..answers on a fag packet please ?

If any one of them allows us to get Ollie Hawkins back up front then YES, they will have a massive impact.

If any one of them allows us to adequately replace Quinn or Maris if they have to go off in a game then YES they will also have a big impact.

Not sure I could fit that on a fag packet though.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:30 pm

diablo wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Strik, who is a good player. Himself along with Nartey and Gordon will all be in the starting 11 at some point. Forrester could also prove a good signing yet. Also Maris who you conveniently miss out.. Any of them come back in and get Hawkins back up top its nothing but positive. They will all play apart and a key to this squad. You've seen the impact of just having Quinn back.

But suppose that doesnt suit your dull negative view on everything
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:53 pm

Good post. I think Stirk will be an asset as we move through the season
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum