{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Clough in

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Clough in

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:09 pm

diablo wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
diablo wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Clough has 45 mins to turn it round before I'm in the Clough out camp.

Doesn't matter what camp you're in. Clough isn't going anywhere. And there will be movement in January

Players coming back, hopefully can have Hawkins upfront soon and have more bodies back and the elusive win will happen. Quinn made such a difference

I think we will go on a run like last year. Performance tonight was superb.

Players coming back...do you mean the likes of Stirk ,Forrester , Nartey and Gordon ...plus already available Shelvey ,Sinclair and Burke...not exactly a group of key players based on what we have seen so far from them..at least we managed to find a first class Keeper and an excellent Striker cum centre half...all I wish to see is Tuesday night's effort carried on for the next 30 or so games and guarantee safety and try again next Season

It will still be good to have them back as cover on the bench. Trying to put a positive spin on it rather than a negative one, that's the last thing we need more of right now

LOL so its good to have players back on the bench is a positive spin...you would probably try to make a silk purse out of a sows ear....Quinn made a massive difference on his return...will the players I mentioned above have the same impact..answers on a fag packet please ?

Will the players have same impact as Quinn? No, probably not. That's daft to think that anyway though, the blokes played in the premiership and in a FA Cup final. Will it allow us to get Hawkins back up top in his best position where he was playing really well? Yes. Can only be a good thing for us..

I assume you'll try to spin another negative on this though like usual.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:10 pm

diablo wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
diablo wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Clough has 45 mins to turn it round before I'm in the Clough out camp.

Doesn't matter what camp you're in. Clough isn't going anywhere. And there will be movement in January

Players coming back, hopefully can have Hawkins upfront soon and have more bodies back and the elusive win will happen. Quinn made such a difference

I think we will go on a run like last year. Performance tonight was superb.

Players coming back...do you mean the likes of Stirk ,Forrester , Nartey and Gordon ...plus already available Shelvey ,Sinclair and Burke...not exactly a group of key players based on what we have seen so far from them..at least we managed to find a first class Keeper and an excellent Striker cum centre half...all I wish to see is Tuesday night's effort carried on for the next 30 or so games and guarantee safety and try again next Season

It will still be good to have them back as cover on the bench. Trying to put a positive spin on it rather than a negative one, that's the last thing we need more of right now

LOL so its good to have players back on the bench is a positive spin...you would probably try to make a silk purse out of a sows ear....Quinn made a massive difference on his return...will the players I mentioned above have the same impact..answers on a fag packet please ?

YES
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:04 pm

Clough out for me. This run makes his position untenable. Problem is whoever comes in will be hampered by an awful squad.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:05 pm

Seems the bandwagon is gathering pace.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:07 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:

A very very small minority who always think the same year in year out.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:12 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

Not me, I have backed him until today but this is an awful run with no idea of where the next win is coming from. He has created this situation with his awful recruitment of a very poor defence. Hewitt is not good enough and is in a relegation slot for the third year running.There is absolutely no back up and his two deadline day signings have hardly kicked a ball. This is unforgivable.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:12 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

Deluded. Absolutely deluded.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:13 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

I didn't want Flickr out! That's when the mess started.

Yes I accept that I am usually one of the first in the last 2 seasons but yet again this isn't defendable, as the Dempster and Coughlan tenures weren't.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:13 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

I’m always curious as to whether he’s drugs :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:14 pm

67 (sixty-seven) days without a win.

I mean really?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Brough » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:15 pm

It’s time for Flynn to save our season!
Brough
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:16 pm

If you circle the plughole long enough, eventually the toilet flushes...

That is us at the moment, 3 consecutive seasons of relegation scraps from L2.

Drastic times call for drastic measures.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:26 pm

adamstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

I’m always curious as to whether he’s drugs :lol:

Hand full on stagsnet, a site most don't bother with, vs the few thousand in the stadium clapping the team off... you're all a minority.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:28 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Hand full on stagsnet, a site most don't bother with, vs the few thousand in the stadium clapping the team off... you're all a minority.

bwahahaha.
It’s Chemical Ali.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:36 pm

Brough wrote:It’s time for Flynn to save our season!
He will be going to Cardiff.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:44 pm

It cannot be allowed to go on anymore, his team are piss poor, i’m embarrassed for him.

Tick Tock Nigel, looked a fantastic appointment on paper, however football isn’t played on paper & you failed
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:45 pm

We are bottom of league yet still pulling in 4K for home games which under another manager I don’t think we would get close to that . It’s worrying but sacking another manager won’t help at the moment .
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:15 pm

I don’t trust him anymore do you ?

He’s failed
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:23 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Hand full on stagsnet, a site most don't bother with, vs the few thousand in the stadium clapping the team off... you're all a minority.

bwahahaha.
It’s Chemical Ali.

Literally on drugs mate.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:56 pm

Who realistically is going to come in and replace Nigel Clough?

You might and only might get that initial new manager syndrome but if that fails then we are most certainly in deep trouble of going down.

We are currently in the middle of an unprecedented injury crisis. I think it would be incredibly rash to sack yet another manager given the circumstances. Clubs who usually persevere with a manager get rewarded, I’d suggest it might be prudent for us to take that approach for a change.

Nigel Clough’s achievements at Burton took time, he didn’t get the Sheff Utd job and Derby job on by being crap. Should we pull the trigger and press the reset but yet again how long does the new boss get? What if he loses his first 6 games?

We are Mansfield Town, to think Nigel Clough is not good enough for us is embarrassing as is the sense of entitlement that seems to exist in some supporters. A large part of being a Stags supporter is accepting that by and large we are crap. That’s not a pessimistic opinion but based on history. In my 32 years of supporting us I’ve witnessed 3 promotions and 4 relegations. Overall we are a Division 4 side who occasionally spends time in Division 3 and for one glorious season in 77/78 we reached Division 2.

Sir Alex Ferguson was famously one game away from the sack at Utd and whilst there is no comparison between the two clubs the idea of giving a manager the chance to turn things around, get back in reasonable numbers some of the injured players and one more transfer window might just be the best decision the Radford’s make. I’m pretty confident Nigel Clough’s knowledge of the game is far greater than mine and any other armchair manager.

Should Clough get sacked you can guarantee he’ll be back at a club before too long, do a really good job whilst we are probably debating sacking his replacement and saying ‘we should’ve given Clough more time’.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:06 pm

Showaddywaddy wrote:Who realistically is going to come in and replace Nigel Clough?

You might and only might get that initial new manager syndrome but if that fails then we are most certainly in deep trouble of going down.

We are currently in the middle of an unprecedented injury crisis. I think it would be incredibly rash to sack yet another manager given the circumstances. Clubs who usually persevere with a manager get rewarded, I’d suggest it might be prudent for us to take that approach for a change.

Nigel Clough’s achievements at Burton took time, he didn’t get the Sheff Utd job and Derby job on by being crap. Should we pull the trigger and press the reset but yet again how long does the new boss get? What if he loses his first 6 games?

We are Mansfield Town, to think Nigel Clough is not good enough for us is embarrassing as is the sense of entitlement that seems to exist in some supporters. A large part of being a Stags supporter is accepting that by and large we are crap. That’s not a pessimistic opinion but based on history. In my 32 years of supporting us I’ve witnessed 3 promotions and 4 relegations. Overall we are a Division 4 side who occasionally spends time in Division 3 and for one glorious season in 77/78 we reached Division 2.

Sir Alex Ferguson was famously one game away from the sack at Utd and whilst there is no comparison between the two clubs the idea of giving a manager the chance to turn things around, get back in reasonable numbers some of the injured players and one more transfer window might just be the best decision the Radford’s make. I’m pretty confident Nigel Clough’s knowledge of the game is far greater than mine and any other armchair manager.

Should Clough get sacked you can guarantee he’ll be back at a club before too long, do a really good job whilst we are probably debating sacking his replacement and saying ‘we should’ve given Clough more time’.

You’re completely correct craig, but in the next 6 games we’ve stevenage away, scunthorpe at home, crawley away and carlisle at home.

If were still in the same position then as we are now it would be time to react
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sweden Stag » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:09 pm

Showaddywaddy wrote:Who realistically is going to come in and replace Nigel Clough?

Very good post. Not only the unprecented injury crisis. Also an almost unprecented number of poor officials and decisions against us costing us points. Just read the match reports. Four officials have been rated stinker and four more rated poor. Speaks volumes.
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:11 pm

adamstag wrote:

You’re completely correct craig, but in the next 6 games we’ve stevenage away, scunthorpe at home, crawley away and carlisle at home.

If were still in the same position then as we are now it would be time to react

Completely agree with Showaddywaddy and nice to finally read some sense on here tonight. I think where we are after the Christmas games will dictate Cloughs future here, not some bleating on Stagsnet.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby ElwoodBlues » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:15 pm

Well said showaddy.
It's no going how we all hoped but that's football.

Insanity is keep repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results.

If we wanted to play the long game and give a manager a fair crack then I can't think of anyone better at our level than Nigel.
And if young Nigel says he's happy
He must be happy
He must be happy
He must be happy in his world
ElwoodBlues
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Arnolds Rod » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:16 pm

Forest pulled the trigger and Cooper appears to be turning things around. Sometimes having a new face with fresh ideas can turn failing companies and clubs around.
Arnolds Rod
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum