{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Utter garbage

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Utter garbage

Postby lancer » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:04 pm

No pride
No passion
No tactics
No attack
No defence
No midfield
Players not bothered
That was embarrassing against a bang average side.
I’m not having any excuses about players out, that was as bad as I have ever seen in 50 years.
They should all be utterly ashamed to put a great away support through that rubbish.
lancer
First Team
First Team

Re: Utter garbage

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:06 pm

And after 11 similar games, no excuses either

Fraid I've had enough
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:08 pm

We’ve got no pace, no strength, no height (throughout the team), we can’t pass it, we don’t counter attack, we can’t cross, we’ve got nobody who can beat a man, nobody to get you off your seat, nobody who can score from nothing, no personality, no style of play, you could go on. We are absolute rammel. Anybody thinking anything otherwise is living in a fantasy.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:15 pm

lancer wrote:No pride
No passion
No tactics
No attack
No defence
No midfield
Players not bothered
That was embarrassing against a bang average side.
I’m not having any excuses about players out, that was as bad as I have ever seen in 50 years.
They should all be utterly ashamed to put a great away support through that rubbish.

BH_Stag wrote:We’ve got no pace, no strength, no height (throughout the team), we can’t pass it, we don’t counter attack, we can’t cross, we’ve got nobody who can beat a man, nobody to get you off your seat, nobody who can score from nothing, no personality, no style of play, you could go on. We are absolute rammel. Anybody thinking anything otherwise is living in a fantasy.

I’m struggling to add anything to these 2 posts, apart from, I’m flabbergasted that someone so experienced can turn out a team so clueless.

I fear that the public naming/shaming has backfired, and the players have given up on the manager.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby julianshatnasty » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:20 pm

We seemed to have a style and purpose when he first came in, 4-3-3, high press, constantly chase down all over the pitch, clear out the unfit ones who don't buy into it

And yet

Now we don't have any of that and a set of players even less capable of it than what we had before. More than anything I'm just exasperated because there's no reason for it.

A failed window and constant player scapegoating are the main factors behind it. I'd put more of the blame on Sharpe for the window, he's the guy who gets the contracts signed, and sadly Nigel berated players and then couldn't clear them all out.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:21 pm

BH_Stag wrote:We’ve got no pace, no strength, no height (throughout the team), we can’t pass it, we don’t counter attack, we can’t cross, we’ve got nobody who can beat a man, nobody to get you off your seat, nobody who can score from nothing, no personality, no style of play, you could go on. We are absolute rammel. Anybody thinking anything otherwise is living in a fantasy.

That sums us up perfectly, no togetherness at all
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:26 pm

Insipid, no energy,no plan with or without the ball,as bad as Walsall.Absolutely speechless as are most of the other 1009 that were there. No excuses we were as poor as I can remember,all over. Even Coughlan won 2-1 @ Northampton. Enough said.On coach on way home silence is deafening.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby chip63 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:36 pm

Berryhillstagno1 wrote:Insipid, no energy,no plan with or without the ball,as bad as Walsall.Absolutely speechless as are most of the other 1009 that were there. No excuses we were as poor as I can remember,all over. Even Coughlan won 2-1 @ Northampton. Enough said.On coach on way home silence is deafening.

You and the rest of the travelling fans were a credit for your support til the final whistle, it was mentioned a few times by the Northampton commentary team.
At least you'll be back soon and it's not Exeter.

Cheers.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:37 pm

We're a team playing outdated tactics being run with outdated ideals. Was never going to end well.

Clough strikes me as very egotistical. Wants to sign players who have recently been part of a poor side and "turn them around". Play players in unflavoured position to "reinvent" them.

The reality is he's signed backup players for our backup players and didn't sign first team players. Gordon and Macca should be backup options for injuries and not starting full backs. Because they aren't full backs we let them get forward often and just leave a gaping hole.

When the season started he hadn't signed a single centre half, after spending last part of last season slating the defence. Unless you could Hewitt who is a right back but can play centre back, like Hawkins a forward who can play centre back, wanting to sign a midfielder from league 1 who once played centre half us as a youth and play him centre half. It's like signing Messi and playing him a left back. Then signed a "highly rated" centre back who was part of a defence that let in 6 in his 2 games before getting injured and a player who was injured upon signing and still yet to play any minutes.

It's been a disatrous summer and a disastrous season. To top it off he publicly shames his right back for being exposed all game by his captain, happened again today for their 2nd. Poor James Clarke left 2v1 at the back stick.

Quinn returning will be welcome but we shouldn't be so poor with just Perch and Quinn being our starting ayers out, unless you still believe Gordon is a right back then it's 3 players out. The rest have barely played for us.

He's screwed up majorly and for someone so intent of shaming his own players in public I hope he's currently telling Stevo he's messed up rather than blaming players as usual.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:42 pm

Depleted squad argument only gets you so far, infact its incredibly short sighted, almost delisional. We are BAD. Players look disinterested to the point of complete anonimoty, our shape sucks, our formation was figured out 12 games ago and we refuse to adapt, our tactics are completely none existent, all we ever seem to do is lump the ball up to the tall bloke. I would love to know what exactly we work on through the week, because it surely can't be any of this... can it?? We cant defend set pieces and we also can't attack them. Bringing Oates on at 2-0 down you have to laugh. It's so bad it's now become quite funny.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby natfromboza » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:44 pm

Never thought I would say this but Clough has to go. Not a glimmer of improvement week after week, in fact we are getting worse in my opinion. We offer absolutely nothing. Feel for the fans who travelled today. You deserved so much better.
natfromboza
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:45 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:Depleted squad argument only gets you so far, infact its incredibly short sighted, almost delisional. We are BAD. Players look disinterested to the point of complete anonimoty, our shape sucks, our formation was figured out 12 games ago and we refuse to adapt, our tactics are completely none existent, all we ever seem to do is lump the ball up to the tall bloke. I would love to know what exactly we work on through the week, because it surely can't be any of this... can it?? We cant defend set pieces and we also can't attack them. Bringing Oates on at 2-0 down you have to laugh. It's so bad it's now become quite funny.

Can't believe he brought a striker on to try and get a goal, what was he thinking?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:47 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:Depleted squad argument only gets you so far, infact its incredibly short sighted, almost delisional. We are BAD. Players look disinterested to the point of complete anonimoty, our shape sucks, our formation was figured out 12 games ago and we refuse to adapt, our tactics are completely none existent, all we ever seem to do is lump the ball up to the tall bloke. I would love to know what exactly we work on through the week, because it surely can't be any of this... can it?? We cant defend set pieces and we also can't attack them. Bringing Oates on at 2-0 down you have to laugh. It's so bad it's now become quite funny.

It's never funny being in our situation !
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:48 pm

Long ball over midfield, long ball by keeper over midfield, long ball to big lad no one near him.to control. Cobblers were no better than us,took their two chances we didn't. Oh and they hit the bar from six yards.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:50 pm

I missed Maris on the currently out list.

But still, we've lost 1 defender, 2 midfielders and a right winger out of position. We've completely fallen apart
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:02 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Can't believe he brought a striker on to try and get a goal, what was he thinking?

Well it worked really really well didn't it.
For strikers to score they have to actually get the ball at some point.
Also, Oates is not a footballer.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:03 pm

Oates was probably our man of the match. Which tells its own story.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby StagInHucknall » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:45 pm

I’ve never watched such trash before. I’ll be amazed if Radford isn’t preparing Clough’s departure now. Not that I’m a fan of the manager Merry go round at all. The chairman will want to retain league status at all costs though so I expect to hear news v soon.
StagInHucknall
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:48 pm

I think the "clueless" word can finally be brought out after today.

Absolutely devoid of any ideas, what the chuff they work on all week is beyond me
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:51 pm

That really was absolutely appalling.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:22 pm

Had a lovely day out , nice drive and the sun was shining . A few drinks and lunch in the pub where we felt very welcome . After that a stroll to the ground to join over a thousand other people enjoying the day . 95 minutes later I had to question myself why do I still do this after watching the worst football I have ever seen in 50 years man and boy as a Mansfield fan. Will I be there next game ? Yes because surely it can’t get any worse.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:47 pm

CassellsCap wrote:Had a lovely day out , nice drive and the sun was shining . A few drinks and lunch in the pub where we felt very welcome . After that a stroll to the ground to join over a thousand other people enjoying the day . 95 minutes later I had to question myself why do I still do this after watching the worst football I have ever seen in 50 years man and boy as a Mansfield fan. Will I be there next game ? Yes because surely it can’t get any worse.

I had a Taco Bell for the first time in years and years, that was the highlight!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:59 pm

You had to be there to witness just how poor this squad is, one of the poorest in many years. I would concur with whats been said above. The £22 I paid to watch that makes me feel like I've been robbed.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby johnwhit66 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:23 pm

Utter garbage was Duncan Russell and the conference team that played the last time we were at Wembley.
I still have faith in Clough and the players. The first 3 games this season feel like a distant memory but I believe we can get back to that level.
Quinn and McLaughlin down that left are as good as anything in league 2 and we’ve missed that partnership massively.
johnwhit66
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:38 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:You had to be there to witness just how poor this squad is, one of the poorest in many years. I would concur with whats been said above. The £22 I paid to watch that makes me feel like I've been robbed.

Absolutely spot on my friend.Sums up today perfectly.As poor as poor can be..Yes I was also there.Worse than Walsall as they lost because of mistakes. Lost today as poor all over.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum