{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Northampton Score Thread sponsored by Rose bound to score

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Northampton Score Thread sponsored by Rose bound to scor

Postby lifestags » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:21 pm

broomo wrote:
lifestags wrote:
broomo wrote:
lifestags wrote:Clough out, stubborn, reactive dinosaur. Get out my club you strawberry.

Calling your own manager a strawberry, great move.

Another one who sends me PM's being all pally then posts raspberry like that.

I hope you don't inbox me again. I don't forget posts like yours and PP's.

I won’t, you know less then anyone on here, Clough is raspberry. Love how you get offended when Clough gets criticised, cute.

The way clough’s managing at the mo, he couldn’t win a game of dominos… I’m not 2 faced by the way, I want him to do well but when he provides results like he has then I’ll say how I’m feeling, simple. Not personal, if this was any other manager I’d be saying the same thing, Clough or no Clough as a surname.

At least I'm not two faced towards you or any other poster on here.

I'm not offended by the criticism. I'm angry at the character assassination from people who couldn't win a game of domino's.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:22 pm

The way clough’s managing at the mo, he couldn’t win a game of dominos… I’m not 2 faced by the way, I want him to do well but when he provides results like he has then I’ll say how I’m feeling, simple. Not personal, if this was any other manager I’d be saying the same thing, Clough or no Clough as a surname.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:24 pm

broomo wrote:
lifestags wrote:
broomo wrote:
lifestags wrote:Clough out, stubborn, reactive dinosaur. Get out my club you strawberry.

I won’t, you know less then anyone on here, Clough is raspberry. Love how you get offended when Clough gets criticised, cute.

I'm not offended by the criticism. I'm angry at the character assassination from people who couldn't win a game of domino's.

Give it a rest mate, we're hurting. I'm as angry as anyone, but picking people out for an online argie-bargie doesn't help. A year in the job and worse (perhaps) than where he picked us up from. That's the bottom line. Forgive people for having had high hopes, thwarted and dashed, left feeling disillusioned by how it's unfolding.

12 games, 10 points. This is not good enough whoever you are, whatever league you're in, that you have to accept.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:26 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
lifestags wrote:Racism in the away end, older generation, yes was confronted and reported,
Nothing happened. flipping sick of it.

That's sad and very disappointing.

Racist abuse at Sutton Utd's game too. Ali "not good enough for the Stags" Smith played another 90 mins for the 5th placed side.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:34 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
broomo wrote:
lifestags wrote:
broomo wrote:

Give it a rest mate, we're hurting. I'm as angry as anyone, but picking people out for an online argie-bargie doesn't help. A year in the job and worse (perhaps) than where he picked us up from. That's the bottom line. Forgive people for having had high hopes, thwarted and dashed, left feeling disillusioned by how it's unfolding.

12 games, 10 points. This is not good enough whoever you are, whatever league you're in, that you have to accept.

I accept it's not good enough.

My hopes have also been dashed. Don't forget I was very vocal and confident we'd be pushing the top 6 all season.

I accept folk are hurting but also promise, despite the lack of time supporting your club, none of you are hurting more than I am. For me it's deeper than "just" football.

I'm not looking for argie bargie. I'm just saying to a bloke who has sent me at least 20 private messages, all of them very pally, that it upsets me to see him calling someone he knows I care about a strawberry. There are other ways to get his disappointment and even anger across than that.

I'm not asking for you, him or anyone else to agree.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:43 pm

I sent them you, not Nigel Clough.. I’m disappointed with your contribution to this forum, you haven’t got it in you to be neutral.

He has been terrible this season, I’ve said for months, his transfer windows have been crap and he is bloody stubborn, this hasn’t changed, nice of him to wait for them to go 2-0 today before he put Oates on who has been stripped and ready for 15 mins, he’s losing the plot.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:54 pm

lifestags wrote:I sent them you, not Nigel Clough.. I’m disappointed with your contribution to this forum, you haven’t got it in you to be neutral.

He has been terrible this season, I’ve said for months, his transfer windows have been crap and he is bloody stubborn, this hasn’t changed, nice of him to wait for them to go 2-0 today before he put Oates on who has been stripped and ready for 15 mins, he’s losing the plot.

In terms of what happens on the pitch I like to think I'm balanced and pretty honest. When we play well I say it, when we play poorly I say it. If a player plays well or a player plays poorly I say it.

Not sure what you mean by not being neutral?

If you mean can I and do I admit to the fact he makes mistakes. Yes I can and yes I do.

If you mean can I agree or just sit quietly when people are constantly calling him clueless, useless or a strawberry, or blaming him for individual players mistakes, no I can't. From that point of view I guess you can say I'm not neutral.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:01 pm

Also you say his transfer windows have been crap but you know as well as I do who he HAS tried to sign.

Off the top of my head, Naylor, Sam Hughes, John Brayford and Lucas Akins were all pretty much done and dusted until a last minute change of heart by either club, player or even agent. I'm sure Sedgwick or someone else will have knowledge of others missed out on. (I believe one was Nathan Broadhead on loan but not 100% sure)

If he could have forced them to sign he would have. Should he still be blamed for them not signing? Honestly I don't know the answer to that.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby robbingdog » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:07 pm

What is it with our supposed fans falling out with each other

Surely we all want us to succeed?

Cmon chaps stop squabbling and stop the mosning
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:07 pm

broomo wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:Its ok.. results will get better by February broomo said so

Mate, you're seen as a figure of fun by 99.9% of the forum.

You're a disgrace of a fan.

I have been right all along thou havent i? and you know it...
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby broomo » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:18 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
broomo wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:Its ok.. results will get better by February broomo said so

Mate, you're seen as a figure of fun by 99.9% of the forum.

You're a disgrace of a fan.

I have been right all along thou havent i? and you know it...

We'll only know for sure when his time comes to an end. If he's fired now, in the position we're in League table wise, then yes you have been right.

If he isn't sacked and climbs the table then no, you've been wrong.

But you've whined and whined about everything and everyone related to the club, certainly since I started posting here and even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:21 pm

We keep sacking managers and getting nowhere, the last thing we need to do is sack another manager.

Problem is - does Clough have a game plan? If he does what was it today? Does he have a style of football? Again what was it today?

We’ve been aimless, toothless and inept the last few games. If we were losing but having a go then he would get some slack but we are looking embarrassing at the moment.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:23 pm

So if we'we'd signed Naylor, we would now be in the top 3?
The other players mentioned are just somebody's flights of fantasy with no proof that we were ever in the market.
Mind you if we had have signed him, Clough would have probably played him at centre forward, right wing and goalkeeper by now.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:28 pm

[quote="stagsfan6493"]We keep sacking managers and getting nowhere, the last thing we need to do is sack another manager.

Problem is - does Clough have a game plan? If he does what was it today? Does he have a style of football? Again what was it today?

We’ve been aimless, toothless and inept the last few games. If we were losing but having a go then he would get some slack but we are looking embarrassing at the moment.[/quote]

Could say the same about forest... however there sitting pretty up in 14th now that they got shot of Houghton
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:29 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:[quote="stagsfan6493"]We keep sacking managers and getting nowhere, the last thing we need to do is sack another manager.

We’ve been aimless, toothless and inept the last few games. If we were losing but having a go then he would get some slack but we are looking embarrassing at the moment.

Could say the same about forest... however there sitting pretty up in 14th now that they got shot of Houghton[/quote]
Well we’ve been doing it for years and it’s not worked.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:31 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:[quote="stagsfan6493"]We keep sacking managers and getting nowhere, the last thing we need to do is sack another manager.

Could say the same about forest... however there sitting pretty up in 14th now that they got shot of Houghton[/quote]

And they'll sack him when he's down at the bottom next season
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:32 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:So if we'we'd signed Naylor, we would now be in the top 3?
The other players mentioned are just somebody's flights of fantasy with no proof that we were ever in the market.
Mind you if we had have signed him, Clough would have probably played him at centre forward, right wing and goalkeeper by now.

Naylor would have been top drawer at this level and despite Gazza saying he'd once played centre half as a youth. He played his best football and got his move to Portsmouth off the back of playing as the ball playing central defender at Burton as well as playing midfield (and right back at Derby in the championship)

Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink confirmed he pulled the plug on Brayford and Akins and Sam Hughes changing his mind was discussed on the video posting on here on deadline day.

The only possible "flight of fantasy is Broadhead, but I was told we had an attacking wide player who could play up front lined up in case the Akins deal fell through, but he got injured in training. Broadhead had been on loan at Burton under NC, he's now at Sunderland on loan.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:33 pm

Who would you bring in to replace him ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:57 pm

broomo wrote:

Naylor would have been top drawer at this level and despite Gazza saying he'd once played centre half as a youth. He played his best football and got his move to Portsmouth off the back of playing as the ball playing central defender at Burton as well as playing midfield (and right back at Derby in the championship)

Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink confirmed he pulled the plug on Brayford and Akins and Sam Hughes changing his mind was discussed on the video posting on here on deadline day.

The only possible "flight of fantasy is Broadhead, but I was told we had an attacking wide player who could play up front lined up in case the Akins deal fell through, but he got injured in training. Broadhead had been on loan at Burton under NC, he's now at Sunderland on loan.

Oddily enough once a player leaves I don't take a huge interest in his career.

Here's a quote from the article on Naylor signing for Wigan "Despite the Brewers suffering relegation from the Championship in the 2017-18 campaign, Naylor was one of the standout performers for Nigel Clough’s side as he netted three times in 33 league games, operating predominately in the engine room" isn't the engine room the midfield? Or have they got their facts wrong? Genuine question, like I said I've not followed his career.

All I know is he played CB for us and he looked set to come back having played mainly as a midfielder.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:10 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
broomo wrote:

Wouldn't say you've got it wrong as such, just he played central defence more often than you think, he even played there for Pompey on occasions and was also brilliant.

Oddily enough once a player leaves I don't take a huge interest in his career.

Here's a quote from the article on Naylor signing for Wigan "Despite the Brewers suffering relegation from the Championship in the 2017-18 campaign, Naylor was one of the standout performers for Nigel Clough’s side as he netted three times in 33 league games, operating predominately in the engine room" isn't the engine room the midfield? Or have they got their facts wrong? Genuine question, like I said I've not followed his career.

All I know is he played CB for us and he looked set to come back having played mainly as a midfielder.

I wouldn't say you've it wrong as such, just that he played in central defence more often than you realise and was absolutely brilliant there. He also filled in as a central defender at Portsmouth when needed.

One of the advantages (or disadvantages, depending on your point of view) of following the manager rather than a club, and being totally obsessed by football means I can and do follow players careers closely when they leave.

Tom quickly became one of my favourite players, despite NC not always trusting him at the start, and the injury time winner he got against Gillingham which pretty much secured promotion for Burton put him into hero status.

I followed him, Jake Buxton, John Brayford, Jamie Murphy and Marcus Harness long after they left Burton or Sheff Utd and watched most of their games on the Sunday after watching whoever Nige managed.

Naylor is and would have been a brilliant centre half, I strongly believe he'll finish his career playing there.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:49 pm

And that's fair enough. My belief is you play players in their best positions. Take perch, a perfectly capable centre half at this level, better at right back.

Naylor. Would have been a perfectly capable centre back. I'd wager that if Maris had got injured and naylor went in to cover he'd have ran the show and stayed there.

People assume I believe players have 1 position and 1 position only. This is not the case. I believe players have a position they perform best at because its more natural to them. When under pressure you default to what you know best. Play enough times in a position you gain that understanding to default to by making and learning from mistakes. How many more mistakes can we afford to make?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:20 pm

chip63 wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Burke on for McLaughlin

Oates sat back down.

Has Macca got a knock,

Stephen McLaughlin looked surprised that he was being taken off and the other players had to shout to him that it was him coming off. He was not happy about it as most subbed players never are and I think he made his point by walking back across the pitch instead of coming off at the near side. It was annoying because we were 1-0 down and he was helping Northampton to waste time. He would probably have done a better job of trying to stop the cross for the 2nd goal than Ryan Burke who looks nowhere near good enough to date.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:24 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
chip63 wrote:

Oates sat back down.

Has Macca got a knock,

Stephen McLaughlin looked surprised that he was being taken off and the other players had to shout to him that it was him coming off. He was not happy about it as most subbed players never are and I think he made his point by walking back across the pitch instead of coming off at the near side. It was annoying because we were 1-0 down and he was helping Northampton to waste time. He would probably have done a better job of trying to stop the cross for the 2nd goal than Ryan Burke who looks nowhere near good enough to date.

Burke will end up back playing in his native Dublin in the League of Ireland, he's poor
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:34 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
chip63 wrote:

Oates sat back down.

Has Macca got a knock,

He was definitely injured. He came over to take a throw in near where we sat and was limping 10 minutes before he went off. Looked like his ankle
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:36 pm

The injury news worsened with Stephen McLaughlin going off with an ankle injury and he is also now doubtful for Tuesday according to Nigel Clough.

from https://stagsnet.net/match/reports/view ... tchid=1120
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum