{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Northampton Score Thread sponsored by Rose bound to score

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Northampton Score Thread sponsored by Rose bound to scor

Postby victor A block » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:54 pm

Johnny H wrote:Whilst I am sure we will be stronger with the return of Quinn and Maris it just means NC will revert back to the diamond in midfield.

For me we need Gordon back ASAP and then play him and Macca as wide midfielders in a 442....(J.Clarke and Burke as Full backs)
Or go with 3 CH's and have Gordon and Macca as Wing Backs
Got to be the best option we have until January.

James Clarke and Burke are clearly not ready . Especially for a relegation fight .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:55 pm

Apart from failing to win, being unable to score and making hopeless defensive mistakes is this side genuinely good at anything?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:57 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:What are we good at?

Losing
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:00 pm

To think I was ridiculed for suggesting a back 3 or wingers in the wing. "Clough know what he's doing, you don't know anything". Said wingers as main full backs and light on centre halves would cause us issues especially with inuuries/suspensions/loss of form and "Clough knows what he's doing. You don't know anything"

Said the narrow diamond leagues us exposed down the flanks and we actually have nobody in centre of the pitch and that there's a reason the diamond was tried and then disappeared just as fast. "Clough knows what he's doing. You don't know anything"

Said we should go back to basics and go proper 4-4-2 and told "Clough knows what he's doing. You don't know anything".

Clough goes back to basics and plays a 4-4-2 the best he could and we register clean sheets and get a few points on the board.

Clough reverts back to the diamond and 4-3-3 and same problems come back again. Who is gonna say it?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:01 pm

I don’t know what to say following that.

No fight and everyone scared of the ball.

No massive individual mistakes but no individual good play either. The team looked beaten following a few decisions going against them early doors and never really picked up again.

Olli Clarke was never in the game and I do wonder how he keeps his place. He gave no support to James Clarke who I thought had a reasonable game in the circumstances. Hewitt looked lost again and I was nervous every time he had the ball. The forwards never got a look in. I thought Charsley tried but was always walking a tight rope following his booking. Lapslie was wasted playing so deep.

As usual the officials gave us nothing and the penalty cancellation was weird to say the least.

The return of Quinn, Maris and Sinclair should give us a boost and I would consider giving Forrester at least the first half with Hewitt on the bench. If he’s struggling he could be substituted. Ollie Clarke needs dropping to give support to whoever plays at right back (I still think it should be Clarke).

We need to start scoring sharpish before confidence reaches rock bottom.

The taxi is waiting but it shouldn’t be yet.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:13 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
victor A block wrote:Sutton United 5th . Harrogate 2nd . Just how much money have we wasted since getting back in the league ? We just can’t seem to do the basics .

Accrington, Morecambe, Burton. Aren't teams that flash the cash yet they're all doing better than us

Because they're run properly. We are not. As said before, JR and his board of merry men are not fault free in all of this. This is their making.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:18 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
victor A block wrote:Sutton United 5th . Harrogate 2nd . Just how much money have we wasted since getting back in the league ? We just can’t seem to do the basics .

Accrington, Morecambe, Burton. Aren't teams that flash the cash yet they're all doing better than us

Because they're run properly. We are not. As said before, JR and his board of merry men are not fault free in all of this. This is their making.

I don't agree that we are not run properly. I'd say that decision making has been poor over the recent years and we finally seemed to make a good decision with getting Clough in, we were all buzzing when he was announced but we've soon slipped back to where we were under Coughlan and Dempster
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:21 pm

Anyone know Cloughs win ratio? Got to be down there with Demps and Coughlan
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:24 pm

In fairness to Clough, we looked really decent for the most part last season, other than not having a decent striker.

This season we started brilliantly, but we conceded some soft goals. Ever since the Bradford game he seems to become obsessed with defending, to the point any attacking plan has been abandoned.

I think it’s too late and I don’t believe he can turn it around. However, he should be given a few more games. If he can release the shackles again and get us playing on the front foot, we’ll beat half of the teams in the bottom half of the league, even if we concede a hatful along the way.

Who knows what will happen then?

Let’s go for it, Andy King style!
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:28 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:Anyone know Cloughs win ratio? Got to be down there with Demps and Coughlan

According to Wikipedia (no idea how reliable it is but a good ballpark. Has him down as 50 games, 18 wins and 36% win rate. his 2nd stint at Burton and Derby County have worse win%.

This season in the league only it's 16.6%. In all competitions its 13.3%

Edit https://stagsnet.net/vintage/reports/ma ... ecords.htm here's a full list of manager win% this season so far is worse than GC entire tenure.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:30 pm

15 wins in 47 league games I think.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:32 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:In fairness to Clough, we looked really decent for the most part last season, other than not having a decent striker.

This season we started brilliantly, but we conceded some soft goals. Ever since the Bradford game he seems to become obsessed with defending, to the point any attacking plan has been abandoned.

I think it’s too late and I don’t believe he can turn it around. However, he should be given a few more games. If he can release the shackles again and get us playing on the front foot, we’ll beat half of the teams in the bottom half of the league, even if we concede a hatful along the way.

Who knows what will happen then?

Let’s go for it, Andy King style!

Can we sign Iffy Onoura in January please !!!
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:33 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:15 wins in 47 league games I think.

So 32%?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:38 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Don’t agree ,we signed Clough , at the time 99% of our fans were ecstatic . Wouldn’t think the Radfords picked the manager ,just backed advice .
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:53 pm

daddycool wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Don’t agree ,we signed Clough , at the time 99% of our fans were ecstatic . Wouldn’t think the Radfords picked the manager ,just backed advice .

Yes, but dig a little deeper Daddio. In my opinion, Clough could be any half decent manager outside the Premier League, when business lack clear leadership this happens. I honestly don't believe this situation lies squarely with Clough. I think there is something more deep-rooted from the management of the club, not just the players. We've been here before with 2 different managers and it's getting worse. Why?

As someone said, correlation isn't necessarily causation, but in this instance we've had 3 very different managers and methods, but still we are where we are. The one constant in all of this is the way the club is operated and the people who operate it.

We're a rudderless ship.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Whitehalls Left Foot » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:13 pm

daddycool wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

But the Radfords employed David Sharpe who is paid to make these decisions and get it right.

Dont just think Clough, Sharpe or the Radfords only to blame , it's a collective effort ! The club seems to have a systemic problem.

Also anyone thought that our players have been negatively affected by playing in front of crowds? We seemed so much better under Clough last season with no fans ?
Whitehalls Left Foot
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:17 pm

Whitehalls Left Foot wrote:
daddycool wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

But the Radfords employed David Sharpe who is paid to make these decisions and get it right.

Dont just think Clough, Sharpe or the Radfords only to blame , it's a collective effort ! The club seems to have a systemic problem.

Also anyone thought that our players have been negatively affected by playing in front of crowds? We seemed so much better under Clough last season with no fans ?

I would imagine the players are used to having fans back by now.

And the atmosphere hasn't even been bad at One Call, it's been positive and trying to cheer the team on so I don't think that fits.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:45 pm

lifestags wrote:Clough out, stubborn, reactive dinosaur. Get out my club you strawberry.

Calling your own manager a strawberry, great move.

Another one who sends me PM's being all pally then posts raspberry like that.

I hope you don't inbox me again. I don't forget posts like yours and PP's.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:58 pm

broomo wrote:
lifestags wrote:Clough out, stubborn, reactive dinosaur. Get out my club you strawberry.

Hmmm.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:01 pm

Racism in the away end, older generation, yes was confronted and reported,
Nothing happened. flipping sick of it.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:02 pm

broomo wrote:

I won’t, you know less then anyone on here, Clough is raspberry. Love how you get offended when Clough gets criticised, cute.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:08 pm

lifestags wrote:
broomo wrote:

I won’t, you know less then anyone on here, Clough is raspberry. Love how you get offended when Clough gets criticised, cute.

At least I'm not two faced towards you or any other poster on here.

I'm not offended by the criticism. I'm angry at the character assassination from people who couldn't win a game of domino's.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:15 pm

Whitehalls Left Foot wrote:
daddycool wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Systemic. The management function is very flawed somehow.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:16 pm

lifestags wrote:Racism in the away end, older generation, yes was confronted and reported,

That's sad and very disappointing.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:21 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
lifestags wrote:Racism in the away end, older generation, yes was confronted and reported,

That's sad and very disappointing.

Very. They should be named and shamed.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum