{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Sack Race

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

The Sack Race

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:30 pm

Phil Brown is sacked as Southend manager after a 4-0 defeat by the Spireites and pitch invasions by the Southend fans demanding that owner Ron Martin sells the club. Fair play to the Spireite fans who also held up the Martin Out banner in the away end.

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Re: The Sack Race 2021-2022

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:41 pm

Ball Hox to the Spireite fans.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:54 pm

That’ll be the Spireite fans that chanted “one Keith Haslam”

Until lady Karma had her wicked way :lol:
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:24 am

Beech Ball has come to an end at Carlisle United. Manager Chris Beech has been sacked. I enjoyed his post match interviews. He seemed a decent bloke.

Carlisle United made a great start to the 2020-2021 season and were 2nd in League 2 when they beat the Stags 1-0 on 15th December 2020. The BBC Radio Cumbria commentators were saying that they had the best team in the league.

League Record
2019-2020 P18 W5 D8 L5
2020-2021 P46 W18 D12 L16 (10th)
2021-2022 P11 W2 D4 L5
Overall Total P75 W25 D24 L26 (Win Rate: 33.33%)

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/1963 ... le-united/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:16 pm

Just looking at the comments made by the Carlisle Chairman when he appointed Chris Beech. Perhaps we ought to bring in Chris Beech to help with our recruitment.

“He has a proven track record in the identification and recruitment of players [note - Dale Stephens, David Worrall, Will Buckley, Scott Hogan, Jamie Allen and Andy Cannon £25 million] and he was known at Rochdale for strengthening the squad under budget to replace those players sold at a premium.”

Chris Beech has also developed and sold on George Tanner (£300,000) and Aaron Hayden (£250,000) and signed Callum Guy at Carlisle.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:36 pm

Is David Holdsworth still involved up there?
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:44 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:Is David Holdsworth still involved up there?

Yes. A lot of Carlisle fans correctly think that Holdsworth should also be sacked. He should be nowhere near the running of any football club.

I remember when Carlisle beat Walsall away last season when Carlisle went top of the league. Holdsworth almost ran on to the pitch at the end before Chris Beech to shake all the Carlisle players hands and to try and claim the glory. It was clearly all about him.

Being a Director of Football is money for old rope. The team fails but the manager gets sacked and the DoF keeps his job.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:31 pm

Just saw a stat that Beech was sacked after a run of 7 wins in 27 league games. Clough has the same number of wins over the same period.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:07 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Ball Hox to the Spireite fans.

We never agree but this X 1000
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:36 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Just saw a stat that Beech was sacked after a run of 7 wins in 27 league games. Clough has the same number of wins over the same period.

Straight question.

Do you want him sacked. Yes or no?
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:47 pm

broomo wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Just saw a stat that Beech was sacked after a run of 7 wins in 27 league games. Clough has the same number of wins over the same period.

Straight question.

Do you want him sacked. Yes or no?

You keep asking me and I keep answering, no.

As I continue to clarify, it would not surprise me if he was given the modern game, as not many managers survive a winless streak this long.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:21 pm

I think he will be given until we get the injured and suspended players back.He will probably bring a couple in during the January window.If we are still in the bottom six by the end of January then he must surely be on rocky ground.16 games to play after January.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:50 pm

Chris Beech's win rate is 33.33%. Nigel Clough's win rate is 32.6%
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:17 pm

I think he has four games to save his job...they look like tough fixtures to me , nothing less than a win at Northampton will suffice ...hoping but not convinced
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:29 pm

diablo wrote:I think he has four games to save his job...they look like tough fixtures to me , nothing less than a win at Northampton will suffice ...hoping but not convinced
And who would you replace him with ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:32 pm

Just because there isn’t an obvious replacement, doesn’t mean it would be a good idea to keep a very underperforming person in their role.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby trenty » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:47 pm

15 games is usually the cut off point and I have said the next 5 games will determine whether he stays or not
But with the current situation some of it self inflicted I would say his position needs reassessing now after 20 games
trenty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:52 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:Just because there isn’t an obvious replacement, doesn’t mean it would be a good idea to keep a very underperforming person in their role.

He won’t be underperforming when he gets his first choice players back from suspension and injury.

This squad is more than capable of a top seven finish (over a full season) when he can pick the players he wants to play. We’ve hardly been thrashed by any team we lost to and can count ourselves unlucky even with so many players missing.

Sack him and we will drop even further adrift meaning a massive investment in January. It would be shear stupidity to sack him in these circumstances. I’m confident we will be lower to mid table by January unless we self destruct by sacking a proven manager who has the ability to pull it around.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:08 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
diablo wrote:I think he has four games to save his job...they look like tough fixtures to me , nothing less than a win at Northampton will suffice ...hoping but not convinced

That's the owner's decision not mine
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby diablo » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:09 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:Just because there isn’t an obvious replacement, doesn’t mean it would be a good idea to keep a very underperforming person in their role.

He won’t be underperforming when he gets his first choice players back from suspension and injury.

This squad is more than capable of a top seven finish (over a full season) when he can pick the players he wants to play. We’ve hardly been thrashed by any team we lost to and can count ourselves unlucky even with so many players missing.

Sack him and we will drop even further adrift meaning a massive investment in January. It would be shear stupidity to sack him in these circumstances. I’m confident we will be lower to mid table by January unless we self destruct by sacking a proven manager who has the ability to pull it around.

Who are his first choice players?
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:32 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

Personally I wouldn’t replace him but that doesn’t mean it’s all perfect.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:34 pm

diablo wrote:

Perch out for season so that really just leaves Quinn so hardly waiting on a lot to come back, its an excuse being trotted out too readily
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:34 pm

diablo wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

That's the owner's decision not mine
It's also the owners decision to sack the manager.

You have given the current manager 4 games, so you obviously have an opinion on that.

Strange you don't have an opinion on who you would want to replace him.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:27 pm

Quality players missing, Perch, Quinn, Sinclair, Nartey over the last 2 games, 6 points would have us 10th, 3 points off automatic promotion.
Forrester, Gordon, Rawson, , Stirk, Maris, Hawkins , missing 2nd half Oldham game.
All these players are first team players,
How can major players like Perch, Quinn not be available, with no effect on team moral.
Add Forrester, Nartey , Rawson, Sinclair. Stirk, Maris, Hawkins, Gordon,
I can only assume it is not possible to put our situation into reality.
We got a point against Oldham with a make shift defence, playing, Clarke, Ward, Burke, showing the value of our youth system, and a guide to our future development as a club.
Thinking of throwing the feel good factor back into the merry go round, would be a gross mistake.
'.After 17 seasons working in the hire and fire market, Having a stable club should be number one priority.
Having a Manager you can trust is vital to progress, Falling at the first hurdle when things dont go to plan, leaves the club back to square one.
Been there for at least the last 17 years,
Years ago fans voted with their feet, now we have social media, were we all have trolls,
our fans have been brilliant and look forward to better times, Many listened to Clarkie when he said it wont happen over night.
some had there own agenda.
JR stated we have had a bad start, but confident we will progress, its a team game , owners, C-E-O, Manager, Fans
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:46 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
diablo wrote:

Perch out for season so that really just leaves Quinn so hardly waiting on a lot to come back, its an excuse being trotted out too readily

Exactly
diablo
First Team
First Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum