{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Sack Race

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:26 pm

Read the comments of the Swindon fans on Facebook after the defeat at Col U. Lots of Swindon fans saying Scott Lindsay needs to go. - "Boring sideways and backwards possession based football", "Side to side nonsense and no creativity", "Sideways and backwards....loads of possession and do nothing with it", "Only one way of playing", "Too easy for teams to sit back and defend", "Poor recruitment", "28 goals in 25 games. Take away the 5 at Mansfield then it's more alarming".

Swindon must have a top 5 playing budget. They splashed the cash on Luke Jephcott from Plymouth before the transfer deadline and have just signed Charlie Austin.
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:28 pm

Looks like he might be in line for the Crawley job.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:43 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:47 pm

Feel like you have to be mental to want the Crawley job, or very smart because he'll probably last two weeks before there's another meltdown and he'll be paid off
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:22 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:"Gillingham have appointed Kenny Jackett as director of football and ex-player and manager Andy Hessenthaler as head of recruitment."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64176254

You might have argued at the start of last season that Neil Harris, Kenny Jackett and Andy Hessenthaler were the strongest management team in League 2.

That's got all the hallmarks of letting Harris have his game on the TV in the FA Cup this weekend before getting rid of him. There cant be any way he's seeing out January without a league win in 2 months with those 2 being brought in.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:09 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:10 pm

Looking forward to reading the written reasons which should reveal more of what John Yems actually did.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:11 pm

"David Artell has declared his interest in taking over at Swindon Town after being approached for comment by The Real EFL and friends of the page The Lower League Look.

David Artell spoke exclusively to The Real EFL: “I’m definitely interested in the Swindon job and I think how they want to play and my philosophy are a good match. I know they’re going more down the data recruitment route which is not something I’m against It’s the methodology behind the data that is key (and knowing what you’re after) and the way they want to play football is the way I want to play football”
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:18 pm

"Stevenage Football Club confirms that manager Steve Evans has today extended his contract by two years, until June 2025."
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:06 pm

Will Nigel make an appearance in this thread I wonder.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:13 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Will Nigel make an appearance in this thread I wonder.

I honestly hope not ,im one of his critics but i honestly hope we let him see us through the season if he gets us promoted i will unreservedly eat humble pie ,if he dont his contract expires then its mutual
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Ad » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:15 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Will Nigel make an appearance in this thread I wonder.

He will be given until the end of the season I think, but has to make the right footballing decisions this month with transfers and instill some belief back into the club.
Amber Ad
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Costastag » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:43 pm

Amber Ad wrote:

He will be given until the end of the season I think, but has to make the right footballing decisions this month with transfers and instill some belief back into the club.

Hes failing andy its the stubborn streak in him
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Ad » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:51 pm

Costastag wrote:
Amber Ad wrote:

Hes failing andy its the stubborn streak in him

I don't disagree but can't see Radford getting rid before Summer.
Amber Ad
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Costastag » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:01 pm

Neither can i and i wouldnt want him to despite my misgivings on clough i think hes been a bonus for us ,hes brought a certain status to us,and we still may be successful this season i hope so but its a business
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:34 pm

Exeter City appoint a few youngters to their backroom staff.

"Exeter City boss Gary Caldwell has added to his backroom team with the appointments of Graham Barrow, Malcolm Crosby and Jon Pitts.

Former Wigan, Rochdale and Chester manager Graham Barrow (68) has joined as tactical insights coach having been Caldwell's assistant at the Latics.

Ex-Sunderland boss Crosby (68) will be chief scout after previously holding the role at Wigan under Caldwell.

Pitts will be Exeter's Head of Performance and Wellbeing."
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:42 pm

Leam Richardson and Anthony Barry have turned down the Portsmouth job.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:24 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:31 pm

I'll give it 3 week
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:12 pm

"Crawley Town Football Club is delighted to announce that Scott Lindsey has been appointed as the new First-Team Manager on an initial two-and-a-half-year contract. Lindsey joins the club, having spent the first part of the 2022/23 season at promotion-chasing Swindon Town. Lindsey will be joined at the Red Devils by Jamie Day, who will serve as Scott’s Assistant Manager. Day had been serving as Lindsey’s Assistant at the Robins this season before his move to West Sussex. The former Bangladesh international team manager has held several first-team manager roles himself, including two spells at Welling United."

The deal was done last week. Swindon and Crawley have just been sorting out the compensation.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby AshoverStag » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:39 pm

At least not playing Crawley until April
Hate it when we play a team just after a new manager came in. Hartlepool springs to mind. Normally there is an initial few games boost
Though maybe with our luck it will be a new Manager Match 27th :lol:
When you think you know the answers, I change the questions
AshoverStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:59 pm

Neil Danns has been appointed as head coach at Macclesfield with Mark Duffy as his assistant. They had been doing the job on an interim basis.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:33 pm

AshoverStag wrote:At least not playing Crawley until April
Hate it when we play a team just after a new manager came in. Hartlepool springs to mind. Normally there is an initial few games boost
Though maybe with our luck it will be a new Manager Match 27th :lol:

There were managerial changes at 13 league League 2 clubs last season (Carlisle x 2) during the season with another 2 at the end of the season.

There have been 9 managerial changes this season (Crawley x 2) so get ready for a few more John.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:03 pm

Ian Burchnall sacked by FGR.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:42 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Ian Burchnall sacked by FGR.

Was a ridiculous appointment. From failure in the National League to a job in League One.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum