{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Sack Race

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:48 am

How long before Ben Garner goes back to Swindon Town? They were booed at the end after their home defeat by Crewe when they were 7th in the league and they lost 2-0 at Crawley on Saturday.

Mark Hughes' Bradford City were also booed at the end after losing 3-1 at home to Northampton and they were 5th in the league. They lost 3-0 at Leyton Orient on Saturday.

Micky Mellon's Tranmere Rovers were also booed off after losing to AFC Wimbledon at home with Kane Hemmings getting some stick at the end from the stand. He missed some good chances again in the 0-0 draw at Northampton.

Some Stockport fans were calling for Dave Challinor to be dismissed after their poor start to the season but they have turned their form around. When we were driving home from Rochdale, a Stockport fan phoned up BBC Radio Manchester to apologise for doing so. I fancy them for a play off place.

The pressure is on for all managers.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:33 pm

Too many ‘experts’ in the stands.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:56 pm

Eddie Jones sacked
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Sweden Stag » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:04 pm

Aldershot Town have appointed interim boss Ross McNeilly as manager on a permanent basis until at least the end of the National League season. Source: bbc website
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:16 pm

Shame ,as I think Eddie Jones had his eye on that job.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:22 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
garlic wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Lee Bell has been appointed as the first team manager at Crewe

Strange goings on at Crewe, fans far from happy with the way the club have gone about appointing managers since Artell left.

Musings your grasp on league 2/league 1 goings on is far greater than mine, generally speaking how well/badly do think Artell did as Crewes manager, considering budget, injuries etc

I think you’d have to say he did well, progressed in four of five seasons and a disaster on the last one. A bit strange he’s not had opportunities elsewhere since, maybe he has and turned them down. He was assisted by having a very talented young squad. Perry Ng, Harry Pickering and Ryan Wintle all regular Championship players now, Charlie Kirk who hasn’t quite kicked on since.

Many thanks Musings, appreciate your time
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:57 pm

MK Donkeys sacked their manager
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:48 pm

Drink.
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:08 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Drink.

:lol:
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:17 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:Drink.

:lol:

drunk :lol: :lol:

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:05 pm

Private Dunno at it again. Sad man
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:41 am

Nibble...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:25 pm

Micky Mellon is under a lot more pressure at Tranmere after a 2-1 defeat at Grimsby which is sad as he is a club legend.

More boos at Swindon after a 0-0 home draw against AFC Wimbledon. Swindon looked the best team in League 2 when they beat the Stags 5-2 at Field Mill but they have not won since.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:26 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Micky Mellon is under a lot more pressure at Tranmere after a 2-1 defeat at Grimsby which is sad as he is a club legend.

More boos at Swindon after a 0-0 home draw against AFC Wimbledon. Swindon looked the best team in League 2 when they beat the Stags 5-2 at Field Mill but they have not won since.

Probably cos other managers don't try to force square pegs into round holes. ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:42 am

Spiritater wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Micky Mellon is under a lot more pressure at Tranmere after a 2-1 defeat at Grimsby which is sad as he is a club legend.

Probably cos other managers don't try to force square pegs into round holes. ;)

They definitely do
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:14 am

Jonny Williams ran the show in that game and has been away with Wales since then (I think he was back on Saturday) - he's the best player in this league and the one above. They looked very good that day.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:02 pm

Jonny Williams played for Swindon on Saturday Mark. He's probably tired out from being sat on the bench in Qatar or celebrating all those wins for Wales. :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:48 am

Or from wondering why we didn't put one single cross in all tournament :shock:
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby BenJwells » Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:32 pm

Marky Mark wrote:

Jonny Williams ran the show in that game and has been away with Wales since then (I think he was back on Saturday) - he's the best player in this league and the one above. They looked very good that day.

Is he on loan? Far too good to be in this league and I can't quite work out why he is here?? I don't keep up with much football news just stags related things.
BenJwells
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby georgefostersbeard » Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:57 pm

BenJwells wrote:
Marky Mark wrote:

Is he on loan? Far too good to be in this league and I can't quite work out why he is here?? I don't keep up with much football news just stags related things.

He has had a run of injuries and so dropped to a promotion chasing team in L2. He is only 29 and I think he is looking to elongate his career as well.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:27 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:"Crawley Town Football Club is delighted to announce that Matthew Etherington has been appointed as the new First-Team Manager. Etherington joins the club from Peterborough, where he was serving as the Posh’s U23 manager. The former West Ham United winger joins on an initial 18-month contract.

Matthew will be joined by Simon Davies, who joins the club as Assistant Manager. The pair have a long history together, having known each other since the age of 11. The pair began their playing careers at the Posh before both signing for Premier League giants Tottenham Hotspur. Davies also joins from Peterborough, where he was serving as Etherington’s assistant in the U23 setup at the Weston Homes Stadium."

Lewis Young has also left Crawley.

Well, that went well. Sacked after 3 games in charge :lol:

"Crawley Town Football can confirm that First-Team Manager Matthew Etherington and Assistant Manager Simon Davies have left their roles at Crawley Town Football Club with immediate effect.

Director of Football and interim CEO Chris Galley said: “It has become clear to all involved parties that this partnership is not the right fit to carry the club forward and achieve our goals. As a result, we have mutually decided to move in a different direction. We wish Matty and Simon well in their future endeavours.” "

P3 W1 D0 L2
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:40 am

That club is going back to where it belongs
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:10 pm

This is what happens when you put crypto bros in charge of a football club.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:55 pm

As mentioned in another thread, some very weird tweets from one of the Crawley Crypto Bros

"A brief statement on where we're at and what happens next. Can you imagine being Gillingham or Rochdale or Colchester right now? Like you guys love chanting at games, "You must be raspberries to be behind us."

"Matthew Etherington walked into this situation with eyes wide open. He signed a contract that explicitly laid out how we were going to do things at Crawley Town. Unfortunately, like everything with this project, he experienced a remarkable spell of bad luck, and while I don't believe one moment defines a man, in this case, he chose to leave us without a manager the day before we have two games in four days.

Some veterans on the team are no longer a part of Crawley Town's future. During our investigation into the claims against John Yems, certain things have come to light, trust has been broken and we cannot repair the rotten culture that preceded us without turning the page.

Moving on from Lewis Young was a tough decision and I take responsibility for that. Lewis had stabilized the team. I went to meet with him after the Bradford game and he expected he was going to be named the full-time manager. In that meeting, I explained that we weren't ready to pull the long-term trigger because we had certain concerns. I explained to Lewis how he would be evaluated the rest of the month and what the organization's goals were. We got outshot 87-28 over his five remaining games. He expected a decision by the end of November and given the evidence, we thought there was a better chance we'd be relegated with him than without him. We might have been wrong. We were definitely wrong to put our trust in Matthew.

Tonight, according to bookmakers, we have an expected value of .56 points as 8-1 underdogs. What a great situation to be in. Nothing to lose, everything to gain. And freed from the shackles of the past.

Finally, the Tom Nichols deal becomes official on Sunday. Next week, we'll be more than happy to talk about it."

This is all going to end in tears.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:27 pm

Crawley Town defender Harry Ransom admits “No one really knows what’s going on,” after losing 3-1 to Stevenage where assistant coach Darren Byfield took temporary control of the squad. “We’ve come into training, and we found out that the gaffers gone. Byfield didn’t know if he was in charge properly, so it has been a little bit of a mess and it has been tough for the lads."
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum