{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Nigel Clough; Oldham post match

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Nigel Clough; Oldham post match

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:37 pm

Rob wrote: Considering how poor Hewitt has been this season I thought he was terrific yesterday and showed that he could yet be a good signing.

I agree Rob. I thought Elliott Hewitt played really well yesterday and he was my MOM.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:03 pm

He seemed to be better for being the senior player in the back four (with MacLaughlin out of position at CB)
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:41 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:He seemed to be better for being the senior player in the back four (with MacLaughlin out of position at CB)

He seemed better because Oldham are absolutely gash, yet they managed a comfortable draw without being stretched one iota
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:49 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:He seemed to be better for being the senior player in the back four (with MacLaughlin out of position at CB)

He seemed better because Oldham are absolutely gash, yet they managed a comfortable draw without being stretched one iota

Did you watch the game?

You must have missed their keepers save from Charsley.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:08 pm

broomo wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

Did you watch the game?

Powder puff lad.
Did you not go yesterday, they should have been 3 up at HT?

Width of a crossbar saved your Nige. Have you checked on him,is his head still on his shoulders after shaking it for 90 mins at his p poor team
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:15 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Rob wrote: Considering how poor Hewitt has been this season I thought he was terrific yesterday and showed that he could yet be a good signing.

I agree Rob. I thought Elliott Hewitt played really well yesterday and he was my MOM.

We shouldn't forget Macca he does just as good a job if not better each week, it was between him and Clarke for me.
I hope Northampton don't have the long throw though because we didn't win any of them yesterday.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:22 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
broomo wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

Did you watch the game?

Powder puff lad.

Width of a crossbar saved your Nige. Have you checked on him,is his head still on his shoulders after shaking it for 90 mins at his p poor team

He's the manager of your p poor team. Surely you want the same thing I want?

Or am I mistaken?
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:48 pm

Makes you wonder what is the point of training, when the manager stands there shaking his head for 90 minutes. Either the players are thick as pig poo and won't listen to a word he says, or the don't believed in what he's trying to put across. This stupid, narrow diamond formation being a case in point, the team playing much better when moved to 4-4-2 in the second half.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:14 am

broomo wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
broomo wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

Did you watch the game?

Powder puff lad.

He's the manager of your p poor team. Surely you want the same thing I want?

Or am I mistaken?

No you are not mistaken.
I want him to succeed and thought he was a fantastic appointment, however to say I'm underwhelmed so far is being polite.
We know what the pit of misery is like so while ever we hover around relegation and he seems like he doesnt know how to stop it and his signings are poor, then we shall continue to question him.

If he comes good then the praise and doffed cap will follow
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:03 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:One step at a time. James Clarke needs to demonstrate that he is a solid League 2 defender first and that he can perform to good standards on a regular basis. He got "bamboozled" a few times yesterday but a clean sheet is an excellent start to add to the one at Port Vale last season.

Agreed. Thought it was a solid display. Nothing more or less. Got beaten easily a couple of times, but overall a good contribution. Not the new messiah yet.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:08 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:

I think that is over harsh on him. I do think he looked better, I am not naive in thinking he would get away with trying his huge upfield balls, against a decent team but he looked competent and better for being the lead player in the back four
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:19 pm

broomo wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

Did you watch the game?

Yes he was stretched one iota and that's about it , I thought it was a poor game from two poor sides and not forgetting we were playing at home against a side next to bottom in the table . Losing Maris was blow however it made little difference to the result whether he had played the whole game or not . I think Northampton will be a test and I'm looking forward to seeing Forrester making his debut and Quinn and Rawson returning and Hawkins going back up front and Clarke retaining his place other than that I cannot see much else being changed...
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:02 pm

Quinn is still suspended for the Northampton game.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby geoffhill » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:14 pm

Quinn and Sinclair should be back for the Port Vale game.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:15 pm

Ladyman sports journalist Mail writes about Cardiff Fleetwood and us pulling the trigger re managers
and says he hopes common sense prevailsl
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:33 pm

victor A block wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:One step at a time. James Clarke needs to demonstrate that he is a solid League 2 defender first and that he can perform to good standards on a regular basis. He got "bamboozled" a few times yesterday but a clean sheet is an excellent start to add to the one at Port Vale last season.

Agreed. Thought it was a solid display. Nothing more or less. Got beaten easily a couple of times, but overall a good contribution. Not the new messiah yet.

I'm hoping Will Forrester is going to be the new messiah! :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:57 pm

I'm not sure the new messiah will start against Northampton, we have a game 3 days later against Port Vale and then Exeter away 4 days after that.
Clarke, Rawson, Hewitt and Macca wouldn't be that bad to be honest.
I see him starting against Portvale when hopefully we have a very strong side to pick from.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:46 pm

chip63 wrote:I'm not sure the new messiah will start against Northampton, we have a game 3 days later against Port Vale and then Exeter away 4 days after that.
Clarke, Rawson, Hewitt and Macca wouldn't be that bad to be honest.
I see him starting against Portvale when hopefully we have a very strong side to pick from.

100% agree. Give him cameos to build up fitness.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby marksay » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:39 am

When is Quinn allowed back I’ve lost track
marksay
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Q_Block98 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:00 am

marksay wrote:When is Quinn allowed back I’ve lost track

Port vale game
Q_Block98
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bear 73 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:29 am

Thought 2 clean sheets out of 3 games a step forward, Having 3 centre halfs injured,
small steps in the right direction gets you where you want to be,
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:43 am

bear 73 wrote:Thought 2 clean sheets out of 3 games a step forward, Having 3 centre halfs injured,
small steps in the right direction gets you where you want to be,

At least we've stopped the rot of losing every game. Once we get some first tamers back fit and Quinn back in the side we'll start winning a few again. Come Jan things will look better and fingers crossed we are able to strengthen the defence and hopefully some decent wide options
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum