{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

50 years and can't remember anything like it before.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: 50 years and can't remember anything like it before.

Postby broomo » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:55 am

bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
sunray wrote:I want Nigel to stay but take a clinical analysis of his team and make changes

Release his brother because his recruits have added nothing to the team. He can't be trusted with the January window
Change the format which clearly isn't working with this team
Decide who is his best team is and play them in their proper positions. Striker as a defender. Better to use a youth team defender.

A manager who ploughs on in the belief thinks will get better if you just keep going is just stupid

This. The recruiting team have failed twice. They can’t be allowed to fail again

They've "failed" once.

The January window was fine for what we needed.

Twice. It was a disaster. And who are “we”?

Can you please stop with this "we" bull?

While he's here I'm more we than you. Did you even pay the tenner to watch yesterday?
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:58 am

bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
sunray wrote:I want Nigel to stay but take a clinical analysis of his team and make changes

Release his brother because his recruits have added nothing to the team. He can't be trusted with the January window
Decide who is his best team is and play them in their proper positions. Striker as a defender. Better to use a youth team defender.

A manager who ploughs on in the belief thinks will get better if you just keep going is just stupid

This. The recruiting team have failed twice. They can’t be allowed to fail again

They've "failed" once.

So precious.. I do love how you cant handle a bloke deciding to support the club. How about we label you just a fan? Because a supporter attends games regularly, and you're certainly no supporter.

Again, saying the Jan window was a disaster, come off it. Gaffer wasn't bothered about missing out on one or two players becuase we had enough and got high earners out, got the job done with ease. Had we gone down and clearly needed those players then you'd be right.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:01 pm

broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

They've "failed" once.

While he's here I'm more we than you. Did you even pay the tenner to watch yesterday?

Ignore Bellwhiff, he just criticises from afar
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:01 pm

Beano wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Beano wrote:
broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:want Nigel to stay but take a clinical analysis of his team and make changes

They've "failed" once.

Actually the Jan window was equally disastrous, Brayford and Akins fell through at the last minute leaving us scrapping around in desperation, just like the Naylor Situation in the last window.

We appear to be slow at tying up the deals we negotiate, thus risking being “gazumped” and then panicking on deadline day.

Such a disaster getting big earners out, spending very littler after a pandemic season with no fans and still stayed up with ease... have some perspective

If both windows had gone to plan, we’d probably be at the opposite end of the table.

Obviously you’re happy weakening the squad at every window, as long as we “stay up with ease”.

I doubt John and Carolyn share your lack of ambition[/quote]

I think they might. They've tried to use cloughs name to cover up a lack or investment in players. I think our budget is half what Flitcroft had.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:07 pm

Amazing how people just decide to forget about a year where the club had no income... and still expect to be bankrolled to a top 3 spot.

Clough name isn't a cover up, what dim view. Hes a manager who has been there and done it regarding building good squads with very little available to him. If you're cutting back you're not going to get Evans back in are you? Clough was and is a very sensible appointment but it will take time.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:18 pm

Do we have a bottom 3 budget? I'm not pretending to know but I would wager its better than bottom 3.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:19 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Do we have a bottom 3 budget? I'm not pretending to know but I would wager its better than bottom 3.

We're 4th bottom actually :D
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:21 pm

broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

They've "failed" once.

“While he’s here”
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:23 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Do we have a bottom 3 budget? I'm not pretending to know but I would wager its better than bottom 3.

Being pedantic, so are we. We’re fourth from bottom :D

Well you’ve got to look on the bright side.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:26 pm

broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
sunray wrote:I want Nigel to stay but take a clinical analysis of his team and make

They've "failed" once.

“While he’s here”

It'll be people like you who push me away more than him leaving.

Did you pay the tenner?
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:37 pm

broomo wrote:It'll be people like you who push me away more than him leaving.

Did you pay the tenner?

Nope. I haven’t seen my grandkids for a fortnight so I took them out. That’s far far more important than football.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:45 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

Did you pay the tenner?

Nope. I haven’t seen my grandkids for a fortnight so I took them out. That’s far far more important than football.

Yet here you are trying to gate keep a league two team
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:54 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:

Touché. So are we performing above budget? :lol:
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:04 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

Did you pay the tenner?

So you have a chance to watch the team you love from the comfort of your couch and you don't take that opportunity. Apparently you "bleed" amber and blue, it's in your DNA but you don't watch games even when they're on the telly.

Yet have a go at me CONSTANTLY for not being a proper fan.

You don't watch games, hate the interviews yet still comment from a position of knowledge on every aspect of the club?

It's really time you gave it a rest. You have a passing interest in Mansfield that stems from when you were a young adult, no more, no less.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:42 pm

broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Did you pay the tenner?

So you have a chance to watch the team you love from the comfort of your couch and you don't take that opportunity. Apparently you "bleed" amber and blue, it's in your DNA but you don't watch games even when they're on the telly.

You don't watch games, hate the interviews yet still comment from a position of knowledge on every aspect of the club?

It's really time you gave it a rest. You have a passing interest in Mansfield that stems from when you were a young adult, no more, no less.

Hahaha. You have no idea sunshine. Like I said, I’ll still be here after you’ve upped and left to follow NC around which is frankly a bit odd in itself.

I don’t hate the interviews. I criticise the conducting of them because they’re just weak flannel.

Passing interest :D :D

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:03 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Did you pay the tenner?

Hahaha. You have no idea sunshine. Like I said, I’ll still be here after you’ve upped and left to follow NC around which is frankly a bit odd in itself.

I don’t hate the interviews. I criticise the conducting of them because they’re just weak flannel.

I've no doubt you'll still be here.

Sitting on your couch, shouting at the internet, which does bugger all good for the club.

You might not like the reason but it's time you faced up to the fact that at this point in time Mansfield Town is more important to me than it is to you.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:12 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:The sad thing is, some people are thriving off of our injuries and form.

One bloke infront of me today moaning about everything. James Clarke in particular. Pretty sad

Never a truer word spoken. There are always a small core of our fans who expect nothing other than perfection and want things to get better only to be disappointed when the manager tries something different.
Our club is in a real temporary trough and needs some faith.

That said the great attendance when there are so few wins shows people are really supporting the club. We just have to drown out the mood hoovers

why are so many forgetting we have 10 players out, any 2 quality players can make a big difference, imagine 10.
I agree with you and the club needs a shake up, JR has stated he still expects progress to be made this season.
Sharpe put the plan that there is no easy fix, it takes time.
With 10 players missing, Most Managers state Mansfield are a good side and will always put you under pressure, First thing i want is a stable club, self supporting and progress year on year.
How can anybody judge in October, if we will fare better than last year, Having faith in your club is a mindset, and trust plays a big part
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:16 pm

As a manager I'd say we're a good team too. It adds pressure to the opposition to get a good result. Also its respectful. Anything derogatory sorts nigel's team talk out for him.

10 players are out and 30% are through suspension (arguably avoidable) . 1 is injured since he joined (Forrester) . 1 has started 1 league game and came on as a sub 4 times (stirk). Nartey has started 2 games and conceded 6 goals.

If you're counting Cooper in that 10 he's not played a league game yet..

Are you counting Maris and Hawkins too? They have only just been ruled out through injury (Hawkins depends on how he responds to treatment, maris will be missing Saturday). Who are the 10 because most have barely played or messed up enough to put us in the brown stuff.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:56 pm

gazza1988 wrote:As a manager I'd say we're a good team too. It adds pressure to the opposition to get a good result. Also its respectful. Anything derogatory sorts nigel's team talk out for him.

10 players are out and 30% are through suspension (arguably avoidable) . 1 is injured since he joined (Forrester) . 1 has started 1 league game and came on as a sub 4 times (stirk). Nartey has started 2 games and conceded 6 goals.

If you're counting Cooper in that 10 he's not played a league game yet..

Are you counting Maris and Hawkins too? They have only just been ruled out through injury (Hawkins depends on how he responds to treatment, maris will be missing Saturday). Who are the 10 because most have barely played or messed up enough to put us in the brown stuff.

Are you reading that Bear..whoosh!!!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:26 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:

Touché. So are we performing above budget? :lol:

Well I said I was being pedantic :D

It depends on what you call performing above budget. Of the games where our players at the top of our budget have played, then probably yes we have. The first three performances of the season were excellent.

As of late, our lower paid players have been on the pitch, mainly against teams who’s players on the day were probably better paid. So the whole situation is open to interpretation.

If you only look at total points against the whole budget then we are well behind at the moment but that probably won’t continue over the whole season. As our more senior players return we will pick up more points. The only time you can truly judge performance against budget is at the season’s end and then you have to look at adjustments/additions if you are lucky enough to have your higher paid players available for the majority of the time.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:07 pm

Certainly. No doubt about it. We have issues that aren't helped by the injuries and suspensions but also through our own doing. I said my piece on the preferred starting full backs (as in I don't think I need to detail that) and on how light numbers-wise at centre back we are. From the first game of the season only McLaughlin played yesterday at the back. Get all players, bar perch obviously, back and we will pick up points. Will it be enough? Time will tell but I'd expect us to pull away from the relegation zone. Then evaluate in January after the window (January may be needed to replace perch and maybe sign other defenders once Forrester returns to Stoke.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:14 am

bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Did you pay the tenner?

As odd as a grown man criticizing another because he hasn't supported a football team for as long as him? Despite not actually attending the game himself...
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:44 am

broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Did you pay the tenner?

Ouch.... Im staying out of this one :lol:
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby bear 73 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:32 am

broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Did you pay the tenner?

Broomo please stop being personal, he is a very hard person to ignore, most of his comments are personal, but believe me he is a waste of space.
Let him rant, talking football is beyond him, he must keep getting reminders from Martin, all to no avail, please let thee rest of us be bigger men.
Martin would say let the football do the talking, just blank him, please please please
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:43 am

this thread has turned into a bore fest
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum