{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Neutral’s View

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

A Neutral’s View

Postby BilsthorpeStag » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:12 pm

Dragged 8 mates along today, none Stags fans. Overriding view that they couldn’t belief Clough’s negativity from the sidelines. Seems frustrated by the standard of League 2. Living on reputation. Just their views. Me, I’m for stability and longevity…
BilsthorpeStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: A Neutral’s View

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:15 pm

Cool story
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:20 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:Cool story

So you agree or disagree ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby BilsthorpeStag » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:23 pm

Fair observation, but still backing Clough
BilsthorpeStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:28 pm

BilsthorpeStag wrote:Dragged 8 mates along today, none Stags fans. Overriding view that they couldn’t belief Clough’s negativity from the sidelines. Seems frustrated by the standard of League 2. Living on reputation. Just their views. Me, I’m for stability and longevity…

Based on what exactly? Lost a centre mid and put a striker on and went 433. Very Negative

For what we've been dealt, thought we ended the game a decent side that was knocking on the door.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:31 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

So you agree or disagree ?

Agree with what? That clough looks frustrated?

Aren’t we all…
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:35 pm

Clough is clueless.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:40 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
BilsthorpeStag wrote:Dragged 8 mates along today, none Stags fans. Overriding view that they couldn’t belief Clough’s negativity from the sidelines. Seems frustrated by the standard of League 2. Living on reputation. Just their views. Me, I’m for stability and longevity…

Based on what exactly? Lost a centre mid and put a striker on and went 433. Very Negative

For what we've been dealt, thought we ended the game a decent side that was knocking on the door.

He’s talking about his body language and reactions, not the tactics.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:42 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:Clough is clueless.

Seems so after watching today on Ifollow.

Why didn't Nigel replace Maris with similar i.e. Ward.

Oates is a waste of a shirt, a striker, who couldn't strike a match, imo.

Centre half goes off, centre half on bench, brings left back on. If Forrester wasn't fit enough for 45 mins, why was he even on the subs bench?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:44 pm

We have three more points than this time last season, minimal progress when you look at the raw data.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:45 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Didn't say that though did he hence asking "based on what" :?

Regarding his body language, talk about stating the obvious again! hardly going to be jumping for joy is he with what hes seeing :roll:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:59 pm

If you can’t think of anything to say, don’t say anything.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:05 pm

Interesting views !!
Maybe some slight accuracy there
Clough could be living on his reputation but of course hoping he is not.
He has had a lot to put up with to be fair but should be experienced enough to sort it all out and keep going
His interviews appear to get more depressing and sombre each week
Question to our stats gurus
What’s are longest run without a win in all competitions ???
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:20 pm

tillydog123 wrote:Interesting views !!
Maybe some slight accuracy there
Clough could be living on his reputation but of course hoping he is not.
He has had a lot to put up with to be fair but should be experienced enough to sort it all out and keep going
His interviews appear to get more depressing and sombre each week
Question to our stats gurus
What’s are longest run without a win in all competitions ???

Well last season we went 14 games at the start of the season without a win, so we’re doing quite well at the moment :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:22 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Didn't say that though did he hence asking "based on what" :?

Regarding his body language, talk about stating the obvious again! hardly going to be jumping for joy is he with what hes seeing :roll:

Calm down :lol: I thought it was quite clear when he said Clough seems frustrated with the standard of L2. I think he’s right about that.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Staggyfox » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:27 pm

Frustrated with the standard of league 2……? I think clough is very frustrated. It is far too high for his standard of team selection.
Staggyfox
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby BilsthorpeStag » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:17 pm

They simply felt that when your back’s against the wall, it doesn’t help seeing your manager appearing flabbergasted on the sidelines. Instills zero confidence in your squad. Me, I’ve seen more than one game, we’re going through a respectable run of form considering suspensions and injuries. We must stick with Clough, he will deliver. I keep reminding myself of Bolton this time last year and what is achievable, but in reality promotion in 2022-23 will do me. Reality check to myself: the feeling I felt when I left the stadium on the last game before relegation to the Conference. On that day, I thought we had just watched our last game at Field Mill forever. Longevity at the helm for me. COYS
BilsthorpeStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum