{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Ref against Oldham

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Ref against Oldham

Postby Sweden Stag » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:04 pm

The ref against Oldham will be Craig Hicks.

He has at least reffed two Stags games before. The first one was the 1-1 draw at Barnet on October 17, 2017, rating 6. He also reffed the 1-0 home victory against Cambridge United on April 6, 2019. rating 7.

Elsewhere in League Two, Charles Breakspear is appointed for the Bristol Rovers v Carlisle fixture, while Paul Howard is in charge of the game between Forest Green Rovers and Swindon Town.

Details checked.
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Ref against Oldham

Postby one f in mansfield » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:48 pm

Maris fully deserved his yellow card for diving in the box . Cannot understand how the Oldham player who did exactly the same was not given one though. Referee made the get up you cheating bar steward gesture to their player so he obviously saw it .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:00 pm

one f in mansfield wrote:Maris fully deserved his yellow card for diving in the box . Cannot understand how the Oldham player who did exactly the same was not given one though. Referee made the get up you cheating bar steward gesture to their player so he obviously saw it .

Maris, come on Dave, your eyesight is not that bad. :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:20 pm

part time pete wrote:
one f in mansfield wrote:Maris fully deserved his yellow card for diving in the box . Cannot understand how the Oldham player who did exactly the same was not given one though. Referee made the get up you cheating bar steward gesture to their player so he obviously saw it .

Maris, come on Dave, your eyesight is not that bad. :lol:

Lapslie then , :lol:

Don’t agree with a lot of the we are not getting the breaks stuff posted on here but both those incidents deserved yellows
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:02 pm

The most disappointing aspect of Lapslie’s caution is that, before he went down quicker than the Belgrano, he had a chance to shoot,moreover let fly with this right foot into the near post area.

Why must players choose to, when they have the chance to make play happen by their actions wait for a challenge for the referee to make it happen? Pull the trigger, power away from the man trying to hold you back and be stronger is all we ask. A bit more of that please and less of the lightweight behaviour.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:30 pm

It was a penalty in my opinion. Lapslie is goalside of Couto, Couto makes contact, Lapslie goes down. It's clumsy from Couto who can't possibly get the ball with Lapslie between him and the ball.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:32 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:It was a penalty in my opinion. Lapslie is goalside of Couto, Couto makes contact, Lapslie goes down. It's clumsy from Couto who can't possibly get the ball with Lapslie between him and the ball.

what's frustrating is other teams we've played have had penalty for softer challenges. never seems to go our way, I knew when the ref had blown he wasn't going to give it to us
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:40 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:It was a penalty in my opinion. Lapslie is goalside of Couto, Couto makes contact, Lapslie goes down. It's clumsy from Couto who can't possibly get the ball with Lapslie between him and the ball.

I though Lapslie would have got it if he hadn't have tried to 'make sure' he got it. The way he went down looked too theatrical, my first thought was it was a dive.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum