{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Clough & Sharpe out.... Flynn & Carolyn in

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Clough & Sharpe out.... Flynn & Carolyn in

Postby BigGuy » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:50 am

Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:What does saying Christ mean?! I was showing my exasperation at your pure myopia that’s all.

Bad end to the season? From February?! Oh my days. A team who got relegated got more points than we did in the last 13 games. Wake up man. :lol: :lol:

That shocking stat is what changed my mind... It came down to a point but we should have been promoted with games to go

It would be more shocking if it was accurate though, we got 18 points from the last 13 games, County (who I presume we are talking about) got 13 points.

Unless the great minds on here are talking about another team of course, and I would be delighted to stand corrected.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:31 am

BigGuy wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:What does saying Christ mean?! I was showing my exasperation at your pure myopia that’s all.

Bad end to the season? From February?! Oh my days. A team who got relegated got more points than we did in the last 13 games. Wake up man. :lol: :lol:

That shocking stat is what changed my mind... It came down to a point but we should have been promoted with games to go

It would be more shocking if it was accurate though, we got 18 points from the last 13 games, County (who I presume we are talking about) got 13 points.

Unless the great minds on here are talking about another team of course, and I would be delighted to stand corrected.

Just had a look at this.

Yeovil (who also went down) - got 10 points out of their last 13 games.

County did indeed get 13 points from their last 13.

Stags got 18 points from their last 13.

So wherever that stat came from, it's incorrect.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:44 am

The One wrote:Clough is at Mardy Lane tonight

Seeing what standard the fayre is next season.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:03 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
The One wrote:Clough is at Mardy Lane tonight

Seeing what standard the fayre is next season.

A lot of ifs and highly unlikely but imagine us relegated and Clownty and sheep promoted :cry:
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkstag » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:05 pm

Dan wrote:
yorkstag wrote:Facts are facts look at the league table

What’s that got to do with anything? I notice you didn’t answer the question as to why it was “a spiteful act” :roll:

I did if you read the post . You are just anti DF and a keyboard warrior Dan .

Accept that sacking DF was a massive error .
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:07 pm

Amberheart wrote:
Rob wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:What I find interesting is the fact that between Tuesday night and Exeter, who are on a massive home run, taking the lead in the second half this site was like a morgue.

As I've said many times GFB, this site is not representational of Stags supporters, it is not the voice of the majority, just a very noisy minority who love to publicly self-flagellate after every defeat. Several of the loudest barely go to games and often can't wait to lay the boot in if results go wrong. It's the same names, the same folk, the same short termists who have celebrated various managerial sackings which have achieved absolutely nothing (Adam you are excused this time ;) ). I hope and trust JR does not read this site and does not base his decisions on what a dozen or so say on here, but base his decision on the reaction of the 4,000 who were there on Tuesday night, the ones who didn't boo when we went a goal down, the ones who applauded the team in at half time despite being behind, the ones who shouted and cheered the side on in the second half, the ones who gave the side a standing ovation at the end. Clough won't be sacked any time soon, some of the replacements suggested are absolutely hilarious, it's not going to happen so save your whining and use it to support the club during these tough times on Saturday, those that will be there that is!

Good post never a truer word said . It’s so frustrating reading all the negative posts by moaning men babies

Agreed
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:35 pm

yorkstag wrote:
Dan wrote:

What’s that got to do with anything? I notice you didn’t answer the question as to why it was “a spiteful act” :roll:

You haven’t answered it at all. You’re like a spoilt child, he’s not coming back so get over it (and yourself)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:18 pm

Random Hero wrote:
BigGuy wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Just had a look at this.

Better tell all these county fans the truth Dan :o
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:17 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
BigGuy wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Just had a look at this.

Better tell all these county fans the truth Dan :o

I know where this has got confused. As I said from February the form was similar, it looks like we got one more point than them for the last 3 months. The 13 games thing was something I saw on here at the time when people wanted him gone so just took it as correct. It won’t hurt them to know that the one point was ours rather than theirs :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:25 pm

You still on about Flitcroft , Dan. :D
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:38 pm

I think we should have a separate forum for a Flitcroft debate. It's obviously going to outlive all of us and folks in hundreds of years will still be arguing whether it was right or wrong to sack him :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:14 pm

Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

It’s the one I’ve used on many occasions when I’ve been working at Notts games. They couldn’t understand why we’d sacked him until I told them they’d got one point more than we did in the last 3 months and they couldn’t believe it.

What a footballing guru. I saw the insult about being a spoilt child. Dan I’m sure you’re a great photographer but stick to that. I obviously disagree with you about DF but no need to be unpleasant in your responses.

That’s very easy from behind a keyboard. Let’s all be Stags and move on
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:38 pm

I wonder if John and Caroline still argue over this.
I don't think Dan and Yorkies marriage would of got over it.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:57 pm

chip63 wrote:I wonder if John and Caroline still argue over this.

Intresting point :lol:

You know what its like... The missus always brings up things against you from 5 years ago.. They never forget :lol:
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:33 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
chip63 wrote:I wonder if John and Caroline still argue over this.

Intresting point :lol:

You know what its like... The missus always brings up things against you from 5 years ago.. They never forget :lol:

Do you mean like non existent raffles?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:01 am

yorkstag wrote:
Dan wrote:

No you didn't...
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum