{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Clough & Sharpe out.... Flynn & Carolyn in

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Clough & Sharpe out.... Flynn & Carolyn in

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:32 pm

Thread title says it all....

Call me a troll... A Non-fan... A Spirite whatever I've been saying for the last 6 weeks that cloughie has given up (see body language vs barrow on sat) seems the players do not want to play for him anymore also.

Every one can see but choose to ignore it... Even Broomo has lost faith & has resorted to f'ing & blinding at the whole of stagsnet in anger!

Things have nosedived since sharpe stepped into carolyns shoes..... JR get control back of your club before its too late & were away at Wealdstone on a tues night.

Flynn is the man for the job
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Re: Clough & Sharpe out.... Flynn & Carolyn in

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:43 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:Thread title says it all....

Call me a troll... A Non-fan... A Spirite whatever I've been saying for the last 6 weeks that cloughie has given up (see body language vs barrow on sat) seems the players do not want to play for him anymore also.

Every one can see but choose to ignore it... Even Broomo has lost faith & has resorted to f'ing & blinding at the whole of stagsnet in anger!

Things have nosedived since sharpe stepped into carolyns shoes..... JR get control back of your club before its too late & were away at Wealdstone on a tues night.

have a day off youth
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:50 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:

have a day off youth

Does that mean you agree or not? ;)
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:55 pm

How long has it took you to think this tripe up ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:48 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

Not long.... Its obvious to me.

If your happy with NL football next season then good for you.
Last edited by Gazmoose82 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby ElwoodBlues » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:10 pm

We could bring Stevie boy Evans back has a recruitment consultant .

And get Flitters back to do coaching

Then just let Nige concentrate on substitutes and stuff.
And if young Nigel says he's happy
He must be happy
He must be happy
He must be happy in his world
ElwoodBlues
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby HU7stag » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:16 pm

HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:42 pm

Not at the whole of Stagsnet.

Just raspberries like you.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:17 am

Bone thread. Clough should stay but he does need to get a grip and maybe sort out the acquisition of players because that’s the root cause of this
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:37 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Do you think for one minute Carolyn would give up life in Portugal to come and be CEO at the football club ? She been and done that, made a success of it and moved on to better things.

As for Flynn, what makes you think he would want to come to Mansfield ?

Your post gets dafter the more I think about it.

And finally who would be happy with going back to the "pit of doom".

More doom and gloom from the person who claims to be a Mansfield fan.

Please try harder and post something positive about the club you say you support.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:50 am

........but I do agree, as I've said on another thread, the boss' body language on Saturday was awful like he had given up with the side as much as they have with him. He spent too much time berating the 4th official ( when do they ever do anything anyway) or walking to the dug out shaking his head.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby diablo » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:51 am

Players and management are under a lot of pressure at the moment and in my opinion we need to wait until December before the Directors consider changing anything..If we are in a relegation position by then, then the Manager must go, if things start to turn around by then, then he should stay and be given more time to rebuild in the January transfer window, assuming JR is prepared to back him.
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby geoffhill » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:12 am

Agree with Diablo.Although some of Cloughs signings not good enough like Nartey and Hewitt.I expect that Clough will get a couple of players in in January we may even extend Forresters loan period.He is highly thought of at Stoke.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Fitzy499 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:13 am

There’s only one place Flynn is going and that’s Cardiff
Fitzy499
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:18 am

geoffhill wrote:Agree with Diablo.Although some of Cloughs signings not good enough like Nartey and Hewitt.I expect that Clough will get a couple of players in in January we may even extend Forresters loan period.He is highly thought of at Stoke.

Narteys highly thought of at Burnley so don't hold ya breath
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:21 am

geoffhill wrote:Agree with Diablo.Although some of Cloughs signings not good enough like Nartey and Hewitt.I expect that Clough will get a couple of players in in January we may even extend Forresters loan period.He is highly thought of at Stoke.

I agree we need to recruit well in January but looking where we could be in the league I can't see us attracting much quality. We desperately and obviously need points :coys:
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby Gazmoose82 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:22 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Do you think for one minute Carolyn would give up life in Portugal to come and be CEO at the football club ? She been and done that, made a success of it and moved on to better things.

Please try harder and post something positive about the club you say you support.

Thats the thing Andy... Walking away from FM saturday i could think of absolutely NOTHING positive about the stags at the min.
The matchday experience is still expensive & boring
The team is terrible.
The manager is a stubborn dinosaur.

How can you post anything positive?!
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:48 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Thats the thing Andy... Walking away from FM saturday i could think of absolutely NOTHING positive about the stags at the min.
The matchday experience is still expensive & boring
The team is terrible.
The manager is a stubborn dinosaur.

How can you post anything positive?!
Why put yourself through it ?

Why keep posting negatives. All you are doing is breading negativity on this board.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:02 am

What?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:05 am

Morecambe are a good example of getting a team together on a low budget & getting the best out of them .
We on the other hand are tommy opposite . ( not good enough in all departments ) .
Hawkins is the only one earning his corn , a makeshift defender & a good provider ( pity we havent got Stockton as our front line striker )
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:07 am

Forrester, so when is he showing up, no one is talking about him at all, is it over for him at the One Call without kicking a ball?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:18 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:........but I do agree, as I've said on another thread, the boss' body language on Saturday was awful like he had given up with the side as much as they have with him. He spent too much time berating the 4th official ( when do they ever do anything anyway) or walking to the dug out shaking his head.

You should have seen my body language, he stands still he has no passion, he reacts and he has given up.
dammed if you do, dammed if you dont, sound familiar
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:36 am

I cannot believe people think Clough has given up.

You don't get a track record like his if you give up at the first hurdle.

Thats where some of our fans fail, just because we have a new coach does not give us a divine right to world record holders at the first attempt.

It takes time to get things right and this is what we need to give the management, time, and not hound them out because that has got us nowhere in the past few years, has it?
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:47 am

stag324 wrote:I cannot believe people think Clough has given up.

Thats where some of our fans fail, just because we have a new coach does not give us a divine right to world record holders at the first attempt.

It takes time to get things right and this is what we need to give the management, time, and not hound them out because that has got us nowhere in the past few years, has it?
stag324 wrote:I cannot believe people think Clough has given up.

No way has he given up. He's faced similar situations before and come through.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:58 am

Clough has been brought in to manage the club keeping it self supporting.
We can only afford so much on players, their is a budget, players come and players will go,
Sharpe runs the club on behalf of the owners.
The Radfords own the club and like many before them are only willing to lose so much money, their is a cap.
Derby now shows what throwing money at success can do, and history is full of owners with good intentions getting into a financial mess.
Mansfield need to be self supporting and patience is vital.
Sharpe and Clough in, Carolyn and John sleep at night , Flynn spending 4 years and 204 days at Newport leaves them in League 2,
And Clough out after 10 games into his first full season, This has to be The Dumbest post on record
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum