{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Clough & Sharpe out.... Flynn & Carolyn in

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Clough & Sharpe out.... Flynn & Carolyn in

Postby Sweden Stag » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:45 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Flynn is another Coughlan...

Got Newport playing ugly physical lump it forward football, bullied their way into the playoffs and failed to compete against better footballing sides. Then struggled big time when a few of the better players left.

I think the best time to change your manager is in the summer or Jan to have the rest of the season to asses the squad, and possibly when most players are out of contract giving them a fresh start.

That’s not true Sedgwick. Flynn completely changed Newport from an ugly side into a footballing one that was one of the best in the division. They were top of the league after around 10 games last season. Unfortunately, he had to completely adapt his plans because of the state of their pitch.

They were mightily ugly in both playoff games against us I seem to recall.

And were helped by a ref, whom we thankfully haven't had since then, in the first leg. And that ref in question is definitely one reason why we are were are now instead of maybe playing League games against sides like Sunderland, Ipswich, Wigan and Sheffield Wednesday,
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:22 pm

Adios Nige :wave:

Youve had your chance... Time to step aside and let someone decent have ago.

You can get back walking that dog all day
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:42 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:Adios Nige :wave:

You get back to walking your sheep ;)
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:08 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:Adios Nige :wave:

You get back to walking your sheep ;)

What are you talking about man? :roll:

Wont be laughing when the sheep swap places with us at the end of the season will you?
Last edited by Gazmoose82 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:14 pm

Interesting. I holidayed in football manager 2022 until 24th October. Clough got sacked after the Northampton game. After 3 straight defeats. Even won his first 2 games and beat Rochdale.

Bear in mind that this is a simulator game but it was freaky how it pretty much matched up results wise.

It offered odds on who will replace him. Karl Robinson was favourite at 2/1. Then sol Campbell at 5/1 and steven Schumacer (Plymouth assistant) at 6/1.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:47 pm

So the folk here just reckon we can just get rid of someone like clough with the contract he’s on and just go yet flynn!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wowsers, what a simple approach
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:53 pm

adamstag wrote:So the folk here just reckon we can just get rid of someone like clough with the contract he’s on and just go yet flynn!

If he did the decent thing and walked away it wouldnt cost us a penny....he is finished here & least he can do is leave with some dignity.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkstag » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:21 am

Why do we tolerate this idiot,
He’s clearly a troll. Can I suggest people don’t respond to his posts
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:57 am

Should get Hymas on the job. He's good at getting managers to leave.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:33 am

yorkstag wrote:Why do we tolerate this idiot,
You are spot on. I will comply with your suggestion.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby KJW STAG » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:48 am

Amber Andy wrote:

Spot on ,the more he posts the more he makes him look like a total ---- ;)
KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby KJW STAG » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:48 am

KJW STAG wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Spot on ,the more he posts the more he makes himself look like a total ---- ;)
KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:59 am

Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Got Newport playing ugly physical lump it forward football, bullied their way into the playoffs and failed to compete against better footballing sides. Then struggled big time when a few of the better players left.

I think the best time to change your manager is in the summer or Jan to have the rest of the season to asses the squad, and possibly when most players are out of contract giving them a fresh start.

That’s not true Sedgwick. Flynn completely changed Newport from an ugly side into a footballing one that was one of the best in the division. They were top of the league after around 10 games last season. Unfortunately, he had to completely adapt his plans because of the state of their pitch.

Can't recall Newport ever being close to one of the best footballing sides in the division. Flynn though is like GC, got a team up there once and achieved nothing
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:02 am

Sedgwick wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Can't recall Newport ever being close to one of the best footballing sides in the division. Flynn though is like GC, got a team up there once and achieved nothing

There’s plenty of articles about it.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:10 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

There’s plenty of articles about it.

Still won nothing and a lot of fans say the same, which isn't how great a footballing side they are.

A change of management won't win us anything either. Need an entirely new approach after this current setup sadly
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:39 am

May have won nothing but so did every other manager until they did.

The Cowleys were nobodies in management until they got Lincoln promoted.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:55 am

gazza1988 wrote:May have won nothing but so did every other manager until they did.

Speaking of Cowley, could soon be on his way out of Pompey
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:41 pm

Mmm a bit disingenuous. Nothing to do with their stock beforehand c/o a decent cup run (allbeit at the same club) or the reputation they'd built and earned at Concord Rangers (including earning a draw away at Mansfield Town earning a replay)
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:51 pm

Troll... Idiot.... Call me whatever.. you know its the truth clough is finished here, theres no coming back from this.

Everyone defending him on here are deluded if they think otherwise... The longer he stays the further we will drift into the abyss.

Nige has run out of ideas, scapegoats and excuses.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:00 pm

What I find interesting is the fact that between Tuesday night and Exeter, who are on a massive home run, taking the lead in the second half this site was like a morgue.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:21 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
adamstag wrote:So the folk here just reckon we can just get rid of someone like clough with the contract he’s on and just go yet flynn!

If he did the decent thing and walked away it wouldnt cost us a penny....he is finished here & least he can do is leave with some dignity.

Could you do the decent thing
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:49 pm

I have never in all my time in football known such a run of results .
This post is about the club and the relationship between owners, C-E-O and Manager, as a fan i have a choice watch them or not.
We are in a dark place, and has a fan , i have not got a clue what happens behind closed doors.
I felt a buzz when Clough became Manager and last season i thought went to plan.
When picking up my ticket at the club, their was a buzz around the place, this would be the year.
Fourteen games in and we are 6 points from where we finished last season, do i give up the dream of a good manager, who is loyal and proven in october.
We are now at our lowest ebb were faith in our club is needed.
I will roll with stability and see where we are in January,
My voice will be in the One Call against Tranmere, This cannot be real no Lapsie
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:11 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:What I find interesting is the fact that between Tuesday night and Exeter, who are on a massive home run, taking the lead in the second half this site was like a morgue.

As I've said many times GFB, this site is not representational of Stags supporters, it is not the voice of the majority, just a very noisy minority who love to publicly self-flagellate after every defeat. Several of the loudest barely go to games and often can't wait to lay the boot in if results go wrong. It's the same names, the same folk, the same short termists who have celebrated various managerial sackings which have achieved absolutely nothing (Adam you are excused this time ;) ). I hope and trust JR does not read this site and does not base his decisions on what a dozen or so say on here, but base his decision on the reaction of the 4,000 who were there on Tuesday night, the ones who didn't boo when we went a goal down, the ones who applauded the team in at half time despite being behind, the ones who shouted and cheered the side on in the second half, the ones who gave the side a standing ovation at the end. Clough won't be sacked any time soon, some of the replacements suggested are absolutely hilarious, it's not going to happen so save your whining and use it to support the club during these tough times on Saturday, those that will be there that is!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:27 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:What I find interesting is the fact that between Tuesday night and Exeter, who are on a massive home run, taking the lead in the second half this site was like a morgue.

Not surprising on here. Bet it set record numbers for people online when the 2nd went in
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:40 pm

Rob wrote:

As I've said many times GFB, this site is not representational of Stags supporters, it is not the voice of the majority, just a very noisy minority who love to publicly self-flagellate after every defeat. Several of the loudest barely go to games and often can't wait to lay the boot in if results go wrong. It's the same names, the same folk, the same short termists who have celebrated various managerial sackings which have achieved absolutely nothing (Adam you are excused this time ;) ). I hope and trust JR does not read this site and does not base his decisions on what a dozen or so say on here, but base his decision on the reaction of the 4,000 who were there on Tuesday night, the ones who didn't boo when we went a goal down, the ones who applauded the team in at half time despite being behind, the ones who shouted and cheered the side on in the second half, the ones who gave the side a standing ovation at the end. Clough won't be sacked any time soon, some of the replacements suggested are absolutely hilarious, it's not going to happen so save your whining and use it to support the club during these tough times on Saturday, those that will be there that is!

Clough has had a mare, but I’m pretty sure (given chance) he’s the best long term managerial fit for JR’s ambition. JR will be as frustrated as the rest of us, but also aware that most see that patience and support is the way forward.

If you think that the usual suspect on here are bad, don’t press the faceache button (There’s more of the buggers on there :) :)

We’re starting to get players back, have signed a player with some balls, and Clough will be given a fair crack at the January window.

There’s no point whatsoever pulling the trigger before then.
Beano
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum