{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Royal rumble

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Royal rumble

Postby daddycool » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:57 pm

It will be the same chap that started the fuel shortage rumours ,
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:44 am

Philip wrote:
bear 73 wrote:A dust up in the dressing room, whats new it what you call letting off steam,

Another way of putting it is violence in the workplace. If by letting off steam in this way is acceptable then we are back to the time when casual sexism, innuendo, racism and bullying etc etc were common place at work?

Call it out for what it is, allegedly.

Hahahaa. That’s hilarious. You absolute legend.

That’s genuinely made my day. Are you a shop steward ?

:D :D :D
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:31 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Philip wrote:
bear 73 wrote:A dust up in the dressing room, whats new it what you call letting off steam,

Another way of putting it is violence in the workplace. If by letting off steam in this way is acceptable then we are back to the time when casual sexism, innuendo, racism and bullying etc etc were common place at work?

In the 1980s the lads would regularly settle arguments down the pit with a bout of fisticuffs, which somehow no one would witness.

It's 2021 now. Smack someone at work & you'll be out the door faster than you can say 'gross misconduct'.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:11 pm

Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Philip wrote:

In the 1980s the lads would regularly settle arguments down the pit with a bout of fisticuffs, which somehow no one would witness.

It's 2021 now. Smack someone at work & you'll be out the door faster than you can say 'gross misconduct'.

Yep I’m perfectly aware of that but this environment isn’t the same as working in an office. The post was a load of woke raspberrys. Applying that level of HR scrutiny to a professional football squad is raspberry. Technically getting sent off is gross misconduct.

Do you support Phillip’s post ? You think that bringing “causal sexism, racism and innuendo” into a bit of a ruck is sensible ?

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:51 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Philip wrote:

Yep I’m perfectly aware of that but this environment isn’t the same as working in an office. The post was a load of woke raspberrys. Applying that level of HR scrutiny to a professional football squad is raspberry. Technically getting sent off is gross misconduct.

Do you support Phillip’s post ? You think that bringing “causal sexism, racism and innuendo” into a bit of a ruck is sensible ?

Why is a football club different fron any other employer?

If you assault a colleague, you should expect to be sacked. If you are that much of a knuckle dragging neanderthal that you can only express yourself by throwing a punch, it may explain some of the thick as raspberries decision making we've seen on the pitch this season.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:50 pm

Sneag wrote:

If you assault a colleague, you should expect to be sacked. If you are that much of a knuckle dragging neanderthal that you can only express yourself by throwing a punch, it may explain some of the thick as raspberries decision making we've seen on the pitch this season.

So by that logic, any red card on the pitch is gross misconduct. Sackable offence. If you can’t see the difference in environment in football and other sports then I genuinely feel sorry for you. I seriously haven’t read so much woke boll0cks in all my life.
Get a grip.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:47 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:

So by that logic, any red card on the pitch is gross misconduct. Sackable offence. If you can’t see the difference in environment in football and other sports then I genuinely feel sorry for you. I seriously haven’t read so much woke boll0cks in all my life.
Get a grip.

Woke (/woʊk/ wohk) is a term, originating in the United States, that originally referred to awareness about racial prejudice and discrimination. It subsequently came to encompass an awareness of other issues of social inequality, for instance, regarding gender and sexual orientation.

How is what you are accusing Sneag of in any way woke?
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Philip » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:40 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Get a grip.

Maybe re-read to better understand? I don't recall being assaulted in the workplace by a colleague and in my mind there should be no difference between expectations and experience in the boardroom and the dressing room.

It's only an opinion, please don't over excite yourself when reading and label me. Thanks.
Philip
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sneag » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:44 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Get a grip.

No, a red card in the game is the sanction as laid out by the rules of the game.

Assaulting a workmate, is gross misconduct in any normal walk of life.

You really are a strange, strange man. :lol:
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:45 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Get a grip.

Woke (/woʊk/ wohk) is a term, originating in the United States, that originally referred to awareness about racial prejudice and discrimination. It subsequently came to encompass an awareness of other issues of social inequality, for instance, regarding gender and sexual orientation.

It's just another word he's using without understanding the meaning of it. There's a bit of a pattern.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:45 pm

Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Get a grip.

It's just another word he's using without understanding the meaning of it. There's a bit of a pattern.

Excellent. I love this.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:49 pm

Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Get a grip.

No, a red card in the game is the sanction as laid out by the rules of the game.

And you clearly have no concept of what bringing your employer into disrepute is. I’m only playing by the woke (yes that’s the right description) rules you’re laying out.

All red cards aren’t the same. In Army games, if you were booked then you got substituted and put in front of the CO for bringing the Unit into disrepute.

What a load of liberal raspberries you pump out. We wouldn’t have an armed forces if you were in charge. Everyone would be in jail. This country has gone soft.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:54 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Get a grip.

It has developed to describe the ridiculous over sensitivity of (generally the left). So in that context, it being used entirely correctly, much to the embarrassment of Sneag, who has a bad case of Dunning Kruger.

No charge

Woke has more recently been used as a term to criticise identity politics or to reference millennial "snowflake" attitudes.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10760207/ ... efinition/

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:24 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Get a grip.

It has developed to describe the ridiculous over sensitivity of (generally the left). So in that context, it being used entirely correctly, much to the embarrassment of Sneag, who has a bad case of Dunning Kruger.

No charge

Woke has more recently been used as a term to criticise identity politics or to reference millennial "snowflake" attitudes.

You know majority of folk on here don’t believe a word written the The Sun newspaper. :lol: :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:24 pm

Folk who use words like woke and snowflake, usually right wingers like belly, should be forced to watch Cheaterfield for 3 years.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:28 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Get a grip.

And you clearly have no concept of what bringing your employer into disrepute is. I’m only playing by the woke (yes that’s the right description) rules you’re laying out.

All red cards aren’t the same. In Army games, if you were booked then you got substituted and put in front of the CO for bringing the Unit into disrepute

What a load of liberal raspberries you pump out. We wouldn’t have an armed forces if you were in charge. Everyone would be in jail. This country has gone soft.

That's not true, not once in the hundreds of Army games I have refereed from 1996 to 2019 has an Army player been subbed right after I booked him. You really do talk a lot of raspberrys don't you?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:10 am

bellwhiff wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Get a grip.

No charge

It has, been misused as a catch all by the right wing to be divisive and dismissal of anythimg they don't like
The article you cited gave this definition
"Being woke means being aware… knowing what’s going on in the community (related to racism and social injustice)."

I am not sure that Sneag talking about an assault in the work place counts as social injustice.

So, your catch all is just nonsense but of course, you know that.
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:32 am

How any of you can argue over the definition of a made up state is beyond me. The word means different things to different people - simples.

Can we just get back to the football please?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:53 am

Rob wrote:Folk who use words like woke and snowflake, usually right wingers like belly, should be forced to watch Cheaterfield for 3 years.

As previously stated, I don’t use the word snowflake. I think it’s weak. Woke, however, perfectly describes the race to be so over sensitive and fake offended by insane over the top political correctness.

Do you think that the players who were involved in a scuffle in the changing room should be sacked for gross misconduct?

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:54 am

Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Get a grip.

All red cards aren’t the same. In Army games, if you were booked then you got substituted and put in front of the CO for bringing the Unit into disrepute

That's not true, not once in the hundreds of Army games I have refereed from 1996 to 2019 has an Army player been subbed right after I booked him. You really do talk a lot of raspberrys don't you?

Well it was when I played regimental football from 1984 to 2001

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:56 am

bellwhiff wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Get a grip.

No charge

It has, been misused as a catch all by the right wing to be divisive and dismissal of anythimg they don't like
The article you cited gave this definition
"Being woke means being aware… knowing what’s going on in the community (related to racism and social injustice)."

I am not sure that Sneag talking about an assault in the work place counts as social injustice.

So, your catch all is just nonsense but of course, you know that.

No it isn’t. It’s not a catch me all for anything the right don’t agree with. Words evolve. Think gay has always meant homosexual or other similar words that have taken on new meaning ?
Woke doesn’t just mean social injustice. I read the articles before I posted them thanks so please don’t patronise. It isn’t nonsense. But you knew that, and you are just defending your lefty mates. As usual.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:12 am

I am not patronising you in any way. I am calling you out for making things up as you go along and never backing down.

But, as Sandy says, this us a football forum so I will leave you to your name calling and I will go back to discussing yesterday's match.

I thought James Clarke had a really positive game and it was great to see him, Burke and Ward acquit themselves we'll.
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:14 am

georgefostersbeard wrote:I am not patronising you in any way. I am calling you out for making things up as you go along and never backing down.

But, as Sandy says, this us a football forum so I will leave you to your name calling and I will go back to discussing yesterday's match.

I thought James Clarke had a really positive game and it was great to see him, Burke and Ward acquit themselves we'll.

I’ve made nothing up though. Try again

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:16 am

Another thread spoilt by the board bully. What a tit.

I agree GFB. The three young lads did well yesterday. Clarke should be given a good run in the side and Ward is starting to look like the player he was destined to be when he went to Barnsley
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:59 pm

Well I'm glad we got that sorted out :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum